Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chase

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

The Chase

Who is everyone pulling for in the chase.

I want Stewart he is the man if he can't get it then I will go with Hamlin he is a local Virginia native. IT IS TIME TO RUMBLE

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: The Chase

Kenseth and Burton are my two guys, but neither has a win this year. If they are to contend in the current format, they'll have to get top 5's as often as possible or they'll be steadily falling out of reach. Top 10's won't get it.

I'd be fine with Hamiln, or even Harvick winning it. I'd just like there to be a "new" champ either way.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

NASCAR penalizes Bowyer 150 points

NASCAR officials have penalized Clint Bowyer and his Richard Childress Racing team 150 Sprint Cup points for violations on the driver’s race-winning car from New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

Bowyer led the most laps and won the race, but an Associated Press report Wednesday morning said the car was undergoing more review at the research and development center.

Bowyer and his team were warned earlier that their car from the previous race at Richmond International Raceway was close to the tolerances. Although reports of that warning surfaced Tuesday, NASCAR officials say discussions were held prior to the race at New Hampshire.

The penalty drops Bowyer from second in the standings to 12th, 185 points behind leader Denny Hamlin.

The No. 33 Chevrolet was penalized for “car body location specifications in reference to the certified chassis did not meet NASCAR-approved specifications” of the 2010 NASCAR rule book.

read more

Senior Member Array title="Shawn is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shawn's Avatar

Ouch... RCR is blaming it on the tow truck that pushed the car to Victory Lane. The violation was for less than 1/16 of an inch, though I think it was Denny Hamlin that said that the car was off nearly 1/4 of an inch according to the "standard."

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

A hard lesson learned it is hard to believe that a 1/4 of an inch would cost you that much.

Yeah, it's tough figuring it was only a fraction, but the rules (templates) are there for everyone. I think the article stated that he and his team "were warned earlier that their car from the previous race at Richmond International Raceway was close to the tolerances." So he was already under the microscope.

This was an attached article...

NASCAR teams ride fine line of cheating

“There’s not one car in this garage that’s 100 percent legal.” – a crew chief whose team is in NASCAR's Chase for the Sprint Cup.

It’s the taboo subject that no one in the Sprint Cup garage likes to talk about on the record – cheating. Some call it pushing the envelope or bending the rules. Some say it’s part of the game. But, what they won’t tell you is that all teams will venture outside the envelope and stretch the rules in an effort to win.

It’s something that’s been a part of NASCAR since the cars first raced on the sands south of Daytona Beach more than half a decade ago.

As the Chase began last weekend in New Hampshire, pushing the envelope was in full swing as Kurt Busch’s crew chief Steve Addington was cited for having an extra set of tires. NASCAR officials penalized the team with the loss of tires for two ensuing practices and the loss of practice time.

read more

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

I'm a huge Gordon and JJ fan but as long as the Ear Brothers and Stewart don't win the title, I'm cool with it.

I'm in New Jersey at my hotel right now for the race on Sunday at the Monster Mile - can't wait!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    I'm a huge Gordon and JJ fan but as long as the Ear Brothers and Stewart don't win the title, I'm cool with it.

I'm in New Jersey at my hotel right now for the race on Sunday at the Monster Mile - can't wait!

You need to get off of Stewart

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    You need to get off of Stewart
    Sorry - last I checked, I am free to cheer for and root against whomever I choose.

Sorry - last I checked, I am free to cheer for and root against whomever I choose.
    lol

JJ wins the AAA 400 at Dover! I knew when he overtook Ears #1 with about 60 laps or so left that he was going to be the victor! He moved up 4 spots in the Chase and is now only 35 points behind Denny Hamlin for the lead. Unfortunately, JG was bounced back 4 spots but dems the breaks. It was a good race with no wrecks and very few cautions and the weather couldn't have been more perfect - high of 70 and a 10-15 mph. wind. Grats JJ!

Senior Member Array title="hotrodder07 is an unknown quantity at this point"> hotrodder07's Avatar

Man...I'm so sick of JJ winning.

I'm a Gordon fan. Always have been. And when JJ entered the cup series, I became his fan, because he was Gordon's teammate. After a while, though, I really hate to see him win. I mean, I like him as a person; he seems like a good guy. And he's still Gordon's teammate, so I like to see him do well, but not win...

"Mr. 4-time" is really starting to make me sick!

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

My boy Happy is still in good shape. Currently only 30 points outta first.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

I have to stay with Stewart and Hamlin would be my second choice because he was raised about 5 hours from here hometown favorite.

Senior Member Array title="hotrodder07 is an unknown quantity at this point"> hotrodder07's Avatar

Nobody has posted in this NASCAR section in over a month!

That was an entertaining race yesterday. Denny took the chase lead, Gordon got in a fight, Kyle Busch flipped off the world, and Jimmie Johnson switched pit crews with Gordon. Crazy race, but fun. And even better, because Jimmie isn't leading the chase anymore! =D

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder07 View Post
    Nobody has posted in this NASCAR section in over a month!

That was an entertaining race yesterday. Denny took the chase lead, Gordon got in a fight, Kyle Busch flipped off the world, and Jimmie Johnson switched pit crews with Gordon. Crazy race, but fun. And even better, because Jimmie isn't leading the chase anymore! =D
    I like Stewart and which I think he is out of it hopefully Hamlin will pull it off he is a Virginia native gotta pull for the hometown team.

Looks like Ears #2's wallet is going to take a hit . . . . grow up asshole.

NASCAR Fines Kyle Busch 25K for Obscene Gesture

NASCAR has fined Kyle Busch $25,000 and placed him on probation until Dec. 31 for an inappropriate gesture -- giving the middle finger to a pit road NASCAR official -- during Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.

Busch's move was captured by his in-car camera on the live ESPN broadcast, perhaps forcing NASCAR's hand. He was immediately handed a two-lap penalty during the race. The latest discipline comes because NASCAR says he violated Section 12-1 in the rulebook -- actions detrimental to stock car racing -- with his inappropriate gesture and verbal abuse to NASCAR officials.

Busch was angry after he was caught speeding down pit road during a caution period, trying to stay on the lead lap. After being told he must serve the one-lap speeding penalty, he returned the No. 18 Toyota to his pit box and held up his finger the entire time he sat in his car. After being issued the two-lap penalty, he suggested NASCAR was infringing on his right to free speech.

Read more: http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010..._lnk1%7C183206

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder07 View Post
    Man...I'm so sick of JJ winning.

I'm a Gordon fan. Always have been. And when JJ entered the cup series, I became his fan, because he was Gordon's teammate. After a while, though, I really hate to see him win. I mean, I like him as a person; he seems like a good guy. And he's still Gordon's teammate, so I like to see him do well, but not win...

"Mr. 4-time" is really starting to make me sick!
    I'm both a Gordon and a JJ fan and cheer on both of 'em. JJ is down 33 points as it stands now and I think Jeff is pretty much out of it unfortunately. I really don't care who wins the Cup as long as it isn't one of the Ears brothers or Stewart.

Finger Man...

anyway, I can appreciate NASCAR making the sport more fan friendly with all the in-car stuff, but they have to realize they can't become ultra sensitive to everything. Before all the cameras and access to short wave pit/driver conversations, there was plenty of bad stuff being said... and done. Some guys, even Jeff Gordon, have some outbursts that apparently go unedited on the broadcast feed. They need to go on a delay, or just accept some of this stuff if they want to air it. They have to know they're going to get criticism.

Just using football as an example, there's a reason they don't mike-up everyone on the sideline. They have no problem verbalizing their displeasure with the officials. They just choose not to make it worthy for broadcast. Sure, some things slip by, but thats because they're changing cameras a lot and the background noise gets picked up.

There's no need to make everyone censor themselves and make it squeaky clean. It's NASCAR. The driver battles and rivalries are half the fun... and officials will always be criticized no matter what the sport. :twocents:

I, too, believe NASCAR is becoming way too sensitive. Hell - #3 routinely whizzed past other drivers during races and shot them the bird.

I'm both a Gordon and a JJ fan and cheer on both of 'em. JJ is down 33 points as it stands now and I think Jeff is pretty much out of it unfortunately. I really don't care who wins the Cup as long as it isn't one of the Ears brothers or Stewart.
    As I said earlier, I'm a Gordon fan, and kind of a JJ fan, simply because they are teammates. And I like Jimmie as a person, but for the sake of the sport, someone else has to win this chase. I don't even like Denny Hamlin, but pretty much everyone is sick of JJ winning it all every year. Something needed to change just to keep things interesting.

One more race for Hamlin keep it off the wall and stay out of trouble and bring it home to Virginia.

Senior Member Array title="Doc is an unknown quantity at this point"> Doc's Avatar

Go 5 go.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

GO, HAPPY, GO !!!
    Stay classy, leftnutz

...Aaaaand, Jimmie Johnson wins his fifth straight. Oh well, at least he's a good guy. I was just rooting for something different this year.

Nice to see Gordon's crew got him over the hump... *golf clap*

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Nice to see Gordon's crew got him over the hump... *golf clap*
    Isn't this like the second week in a row it's been "gee, Gordons in the garage, let's pull the best of his pit crew over here" ?
    Anyway, GO, HAPPY ! bring on the 2011 NASCAR season.

BACK IN BLACK !!
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    Isn't this like the second week in a row it's been "gee, Gordons in the garage, let's pull the best of his pit crew over here" ?
    Anyway, GO, HAPPY ! bring on the 2011 NASCAR season.

BACK IN BLACK !!
    That is one pretty car I like it.

Jimmie!

5 in a row and going for 6 and 7 to join the elite!

Jimmie!

5 in a row and going for 6 and 7 to join the elite!
    Congrats HTG