Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marcus Gilbert Suspended Four Games For Violation Of NFL’s PED Policy

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Re: Marcus Gilbert Suspended Four Games For Violation Of NFL’s PED Policy

he probably wantes to heal quicker. Sux we lose him for the pats. Although to credit new england they lost edelman Hightower for the season amd Hogan for a few games and they still dominate teams.

If we need to learn to game plan with rhe guys that we havr going on the field.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I hope James Harrison kicks his ass.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    He’s arguably our best O-lineman...
    I agree. But nothing you can do, so next man up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I completely agree. Not many athletes or people in our society will be accountable for their actions and own it. There is always an excuse. I doubt that the substance inadvertently was ingested or injected.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

what are the chances that he'll appeal and get his suspension dropped down to 2 or 3 games ?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    what are the chances that he'll appeal and get his suspension dropped down to 2 or 3 games ?
    Zero. They have said that he will not seek to appeal the suspension.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree. But nothing you can do, so next man up.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely agree. Not many athletes or people in our society will be accountable for their actions and own it. There is always an excuse. I doubt that the substance inadvertently was ingested or injected.

Agreed, these guys have been in playing football long enough to know what you can and cannot do.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

When these guys are suspended, is it without salary? Or do they still get paid to sit out for making poor judgements?

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This continually amazes me that I'm expected to believe that between the team docs and the players private docs - they can't figure out what is banned and not banned.

I mean I know the reality is that all these guys are taking a boatload of chemicals in a desperate attempt to keep their bodies from falling apart - but man oh man -- you'd think they would get better at chemistry!
    Damn I agree 100% How in the hell can you, " inadvertently take a BANNED substance" ? Isn't there a LIST of crap you can take and what you can't ? There are team doctor's in the facilities, don't they know what to subscribe to player's or are these player's buying their shit off the street corner's ? Dumb ass !

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Obviously something to help speed his recovery. No surprise to me he was on the "random" test schedule after his return... Duh

- - - Updated - - -

When these guys are suspended, is it without salary? Or do they still get paid to sit out for making poor judgements?
    Pretty sure they loose their paycheck for the weeks missed.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I'm disappointed because we lose a really good player. But I don't take it personally. Nor do I judge him over it. Athletes do this. They're looking for a competitive edge. Who knows who does what? So much goes undetected I'll bet. Sometimes they get away with it. Sometimes they don't. First offense, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he comes back the same player.

On the good side. Hubbard has proved himself a capable replacement. And if Gilbert was cheating to overcome his injury he now has plenty of time to heal completely for the playoffs.
    Last edited by zulater; 11-22-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

The bright side is he will be fully healed for the playoffs, the crappy part is the Pats game.

(Puts tinfoil hat on)

Goodell is trying to get Kraft back as his buddy so Gilbert won't be there for the Pats game . . .

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Could have been the deer antler spray or something else like it. You can buy it OTC and it works.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    The bright side is he will be fully healed for the playoffs, the crappy part is the Pats game.

(Puts tinfoil hat on)

Goodell is trying to get Kraft back as his buddy so Gilbert won't be there for the Pats game . . .
    If we lose to the Pats it won't be because of Gilbert being out. It will be the usual suspects: no pressure and secondary blunders.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I'm disappointed because we lose a really good player. But I don't take it personally. Nor do I judge him over it. Athletes do this. They're looking for a competitive edge. Who knows who does what? So much goes undetected I'll bet. Sometimes they get away with it. Sometimes they don't. First offense, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he comes back the same player.

On the good side. Hubbard has proved himself a capable replacement. And if Gilbert was cheating to overcome his injury he know has plenty of time to heal completely for the playoffs.
    Spot on

The bolded part of your post is the silver lining. Hamstring injuries can linger and/or re-tear. Time is the best medicine. This “forces” him to rest that hammy, so that it is completely healed.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Spot on

The bolded part of your post is the silver lining. Hamstring injuries can linger and/or re-tear. Time is the best medicine. This “forces” him to rest that hammy, so that it is completely healed.
    Now you're coming over to the half-full side

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Gilbert will lose about $940,000.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Gilbert will lose about $940,000.
    Nothing to a boss

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar