Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 12:Green Bay Packers(5-5)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 12:Green Bay Packers(5-5)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Week 12:Green Bay Packers(5-5)

Hundley looked like crap today.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Believe it or not, prior to the season the majority of local sports call-in discussion was whether or not the Pack should deal Hundley for a 1st or 2nd round pick in the draft.

I realize he had a decent preseason in 2016 - but not that good.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He's been doing some good things.....but not today.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Plenty of weapons in Green Bay. If im Hundley, im throwing up a couple of prayers to Jordy. He'll be the biggest threat to us on SNF
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Plenty of weapons in Green Bay. If im Hundley, im throwing up a couple of prayers to Jordy. He'll be the biggest threat to us on SNF
    Can’t sleep on Adams or Cobb...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

We're going to give 'em a good ass whoopin' in prime time!

Packers' fans aren't hopeful...

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/...xt-week.76661/

https://scout.com/nfl/packers/Board/...reat-110780997

Here's other Packers' boards (geesh, there's a ton of them ), although they don't appear to have threads up yet as of this writing...

http://forum.packerchatters.com/inde...c985&board=3.0

http://packerrats.com/forumdisplay.p...en-Bay-Packers

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Can see another 40 point game for this team.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Can see another 40 point game for this team.
    Maybe, but a shutout is a possibility too

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Steelers supposedly lose to “inferior teams”. (Thanks for nothing, Mark Kaloby.) Well, the Steelers have not exactly faced a murderer’s row in the past 17 regular season games...

...and yet, the Steelers are still 15-2 in those games. Weird.

SUMMATION:
    So, either Mark Kaloby was wrong (used misleading stats), or... well... I guess he was wrong.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Substitute Mike Tomlin for Mike McCarthy and Jones for Hundley in this observation by Peter King about Hundley and it certainly sounds like a familiar complaint by some Steelers fans

I’ve said this before, but this could be a good learning experience for Mike McCarthy. His backup quarterback, on a team when a backup has been needed fairly often, is a very important player, and the backup should be getting some playing time in the fourth quarter of games that have been decided—and maybe in the first three quarters of some other games. Hundley just does not look ready to succeed against pressure.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/20/lo...eter-king-mmqb

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Substitute Mike Tomlin for Mike McCarthy and Jones for Hundley in this observation by Peter King about Hundley and it certainly sounds like a familiar complaint by some Steelers fans

I’ve said this before, but this could be a good learning experience for Mike McCarthy. His backup quarterback, on a team when a backup has been needed fairly often, is a very important player, and the backup should be getting some playing time in the fourth quarter of games that have been decided—and maybe in the first three quarters of some other games. Hundley just does not look ready to succeed against pressure.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/20/lo...eter-king-mmqb
    No lead is safe in the NFL, just ask to the Atlanta Falcons.

And it's rare in the NFL, you lead by 25-30 points or more, so it would have changed nothing for the packers or other teams that loses its QB.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    No lead is safe in the NFL, just ask to the Atlanta Falcons.

And it's rare in the NFL, you lead by 25-30 points or more, so it would have changed nothing for the packers or other teams that loses its QB.
    Agreed - just passing along that the Steelers are not the only team criticized for how it handles playing the backup

In the salary cap era teams usually are screwed if the franchise QB is injured and that can happen just as easily in the first quarter as the fourth quarter

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Of course I'd love to see us score another 40+ game and win, and it looks to be doable, but like they say, " any given Sunday". I sure hope Tomlin and coaches have the team 'up' and ready to play like last week....for the whole 60 minutes !

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I just hope that we play like we should in this game. The Packers are coming off of being shut out at home by the lowly Ravens and we just dismantled the Titans. This better not be another game like Indy.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Steelers 37
    Pack 7

26-3 steelers.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

35-10 Hundley is horrible at home. Wait till he hits the road against this hungry D.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Can’t sleep on Adams or Cobb...
    I agree.

This situation supports my thoughts that you can have great talent at WR, such as Nelson, Cobb, Adams......but without a QB that can get them the football, they are not productive and seem to be not as good from a statistical point of view.

So, Aaron Rogers makes these WR's look great, just as other great QB's make their WR's look great. At this point Hunley looks far from even average, so stop the run game, make the game come down to a Packers passing game and cover the spread.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

No chance of a Rodgers return?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    He is on I.R until week 15.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

He is on I.R until week 15.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    They'd be idiots to bring him back this season. Their season is over.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

I think it's going to be on Sunday that the players who are in the hall of honor will be honored ....

Is Terry Bradshaw will be in Pittsburgh on Sunday?

Is Terry Bradshaw will be in Pittsburgh on Sunday?

No way - he can use doing the Fox show as an excuse

I highly doubt Lambert will show up either

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

There is a chance that both starting tackles are out for GB. This needs to be a tone setting game by the Steelers pass rush. Hundley is mobile and can move well. So Watt and Dupree will have to come hard off the edge to create pressure, but not totally lose an outside contain - something that Watt really struggles with as he loves to slide inside to create late pressure. Hundley throws "ok" on the run. His biggest problem is he is really really slow to see and process what is happening post-snap. Makes a ton of throws a beat or two late. Possible that the Steelers DBs can bait him into some INTS. But, each week he looks a bit better and there is quite the collection of receiving talent on GB - so if he can ever start delivering balls on time and into NFL windows, it can get bad real quick.

I think the Steelers should have this one, but I always get burned on that. GB is going to be desperate team. As they are only one game out of wildcard spot, but can not fall further out of the race. Like I said in an earlier post somewhere or other, GB has been pretty clear that the plan is to sneak in as the second wild card and then have Aaron Rodgers lead a playoff run for the ages.