Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Playoff Machine is Back!

The Playoff Machine is Back!

The playoff machine is up! http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

So, what I get from it is that if we win straight out, we've got the first seed. If we lose the Pats* game and Jax loses against the Seahawks, we got second seed. If they don't, we got third seed. However, if the last scenario plays out, and then the Pats stumble and lose to the Bills or Jets, then we actually drop to fourth seed.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Playoff Machine is Back!

If we play as well as Thursday night........well... we win everything!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As I’ve posted for a few weeks now, the Steelers control their own destiny.

That said...

As I post in my weekly “a$$holes rooting” threads: losses by the Taperiots and Jaguars help us (just in case).

And... I love the playoff simulator. Thanks, Craic.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Thanks for the link!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Here is what the standing look like for me

In the AFC

Steelers:14-2
    Chiefs:13-3
    Patriots 13-3
    Jaguars:12-4
    Titans:10-6
    Ravens:9-7

In the NFC

1.Saints:13-3
    2.Eagles:13-3
    3.Vikings:12-4
    4.Rams:12-4
    5.Lions:11-5
    6.Seahawks:11-5

Panthers miss at 11-5 and Cowboys at 10-6!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Here is what the standing look like for me

In the AFC

Steelers:14-2
    Chiefs:13-3
    Patriots 13-3
    Jaguars:12-4
    Titans:10-6
    Ravens:9-7

In the NFC

1.Saints:13-3
    2.Eagles:13-3
    3.Vikings:12-4
    4.Rams:12-4
    5.Lions:11-5
    6.Seahawks:11-5

Panthers miss at 11-5 and Cowboys at 10-6!!!
    Can't argue with your standings, but I hope it's wrong. This scenario puts the Ravens to the Pats, and the Pats to KC. Titans to Jags and Jags to Pitt. If we beat the Jags, we host KC or Pats. Problem is, I want the AFCCG to end up Steelers/Jags. I want to see the Chiefs and Jags in opposite order.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Can't argue with your standings, but I hope it's wrong. This scenario puts the Ravens to the Pats, and the Pats to KC. Titans to Jags and Jags to Pitt. If we beat the Jags, we host KC or Pats. Problem is, I want the AFCCG to end up Steelers/Jags. I want to see the Chiefs and Jags in opposite order.

You just have to beat whoever is in front of you. I try not to worry about matchups this early!

Bring it on!

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Not me. The Rats always give the Pats trouble. Send em up there. At the worst, they may soften the Pats up.

Here's another interesting scenario. If the Jags lose to the Seahawks, then we can still get a first round bye even if we lose to the Pats* as long as we don't lose any more games. Even more strange, if the Pats* beat us, but the Jags lose against Seattle, then any Pats lost moves them to third seed and us into the first seed even though we lost against them (provided we win out except for the Pats*).

Of course, I prefer we simply win from here on out and avoid any of these scenarios.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Rams are good and could win a SB if they faced a team incompatible with their style. This might be the year of the Eagles too. Now if Ben wants to win out and give it one last push the odds are in our favor.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

To much worrying about the Pats since last year. If they face KC or the Jags early in the playoffs their is a good chance they may not make it to the AFC championship game.

It's crazy, but at 4-6 and with the weak schedule the bengals have for the rest of the year, they have a shot to make the playoffs!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

It's crazy, but at 4-6 and with the weak schedule the bengals have for the rest of the year, they have a shot to make the playoffs!!!!
    I wouldn't call it weak. They have to play the Lions, Vikings, Steelers & Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I wouldn't call it weak. They have to play the Lions, Vikings, Steelers & Ravens.
    You are right...I had just look at their schedule in the next 3 games and 2 of his games are against the Browns and Bears.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

You are right...I had just look at their schedule in the next 3 games and 2 of his games are against the Browns and Bears.
    Hopefully the Browns will get their one and only win against them.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    To much worrying about the Pats since last year. If they face KC or the Jags early in the playoffs their is a good chance they may not make it to the AFC championship game.
    I'm not worried about KC, forget that the Steelers own them, they haven't looked like a team capable of challenging anyone in the playoffs the last month, Jags could be tough if the Steelers idiotically play to their strengths like last time

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Not worried in the least.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I got the Saints coming out of the NFC. #1 offense, defense looks really good.

They're the next NFC South to make the Super Bowl and lose.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I still think the chiefs have a very good team, but the steelers have their number.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I still think the chiefs have a very good team, but the steelers have their number.
    Chiefs bandwagon emptying fast

This from Peter King this morning

The Chiefs have lost all pretensions of being the deep-strike offensive team that embarrassed the Patriots in Foxboro; the loss to the Giants on Sunday made them look like the John Mackovic Chiefs.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/20/lo...eter-king-mmqb

And Mark Maske of the Washington Post piles on

Forget about the Kansas City Chiefs as a Super Bowl contender

They are not being threatened in the AFC West, which does not have another team even at .500. But the Chiefs have failed to keep pace with the Patriots and Steelers, who have separated themselves from the rest of the conference and appear destined to meet in another AFC championship game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ab9024d43cb9

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

The Chiefs have lost all pretensions of being the deep-strike offensive team that embarrassed the Patriots in Foxboro; the loss to the Giants on Sunday made them look like the John Mackovic Chiefs.

They are not being threatened in the AFC West, which does not have another team even at .500. But the Chiefs have failed to keep pace with the Patriots and Steelers, who have separated themselves from the rest of the conference and appear destined to meet in another AFC championship game.

It could change if they make a change at the QB position!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Remember when everyone argued that Alex Smith was suddenly good now? Hmmmmmm......recency bias.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown could have Tom Brady and the Jags defense in this weak as shit AFC and they'd still manage to go one and done. I wouldn't trust those two with a lemonade stand

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Remember when everyone argued that Alex Smith was suddenly good now? Hmmmmmm......recency bias.
    I was one who was arguing in favor of Smith...I think. Lol. I wasn’t arguing he was good, I was arguing he was playing well. That has since hit the bottom of the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I don't want to see the steelers be underdog if they play against the chiefs again!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown could have Tom Brady and the Jags defense in this weak as shit AFC and they'd still manage to go one and done. I wouldn't trust those two with a lemonade stand
    That is the line of the day!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I was one who was arguing in favor of Smith...I think. Lol. I wasn’t arguing he was good, I was arguing he was playing well. That has since hit the bottom of the bowl.
    Fair enough and at the time it was true! Also, you were far from the only one both here and elsewhere that was firing up the Alex Smith is doing awesome machine.

I have no idea what happened to them, but I wonder if the Steelers defensive game-plan became the blueprint? OR have they had injuries?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I have no idea what happened to them, but I wonder if the Steelers defensive game-plan became the blueprint? OR have they had injuries?
    After the recent loss to the New York Giants, star tight end Travis Kelce spoke to reporters about the Chiefs’ struggles, which includes losing four of their last five games after opening the season as the lone unbeaten team through Week 5. Kelce mentioned that teams playing specific Cover 2 defense has been the Achilles heel for the team’s offense.

“Teams are running Cover 2. Until we can beat Cover 2, both in the run game and the passing game, we’re going to struggle,” said Kelce.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/11/...oing-struggle/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That is the line of the day!

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough and at the time it was true! Also, you were far from the only one both here and elsewhere that was firing up the Alex Smith is doing awesome machine.

I think the major thing as weird as it may sound is the injuries to Chris Conley and Albert Wilson. They aren’t household names, but they were the starting receivers for the Chiefs along with Hill and they lost both of those guys. Andy Reid’s Offense isn’t easy for WRs to learn and when they lost two thirds of the wide receiving corp, that hurt not only Smith but the run game went in the tank as well. Hunt was a shoe in for rookie of the year...he’s since been passed, IMO, by Kamara.

Not sure that’s exactly why, but it’s a theory on why their whole offense is sputtering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I got the Saints coming out of the NFC. #1 offense, defense looks really good.

They're the next NFC South to make the Super Bowl and lose.
    I watched the Saints game yesterday. I wasn't impressed.

The Eagles look like a much better team to me.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert