Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game ball vs Titans

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Game ball vs Titans

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Marcus Mariota gets some credit. When you lose the turnover battle, you tend to lose the game and most of those INT's were just straight gifts to the DB's .

Does anybody find it interesting that if Ben throws 5 INT's, he "doesn't have it any more", but when Mariota throws 4 INT's its just "good Steelers defense"?
    Agree'd, but you have to once "have it" before you don't. 2 of the 4 picks were gift wrapped. The Burns tip to Golden was one you could give to good defense. Probably the Sensabaugh route jumper as well.

To give one game ball... Gotta be Brown. Goat... probably the run game, but the short passes substituted for most of that.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I can't believe that Vince Williams has 6 sacks after 10 games this year!

I did not see that coming before the season!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Todd Haley for an offense that put up more than 30 points. ?
    Ahem... We were in a lot of no huddle. Ben calls those plays.

But props to Haley for calling a play that was perfect for Jesse James skillset... muddle around like you're supposed to be blocking, then leak into the endzone for an easy catch. Brilliant!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

In "no huddle" the OC is still calling the plays......GREEN DOT.

- - - Updated - - -

QB can change the play

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    In "no huddle" the OC is still calling the plays......GREEN DOT.

- - - Updated - - -

QB can change the play
    No, no, no. The OC can "suggest" a play, but the smart QB's over ride it, say they can't hear and call their own "good" plays. Then the OC yells and swears...

This has been the proven argument from Football Forums Past.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    No, no, no. The OC can "suggest" a play, but the smart QB's over ride it, say they can't hear and call their own "good" plays. Then the OC yells and swears...

This has been the proven argument from Football Forums Past.

My bad

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

EVERYBODY gets a gameball. Steelers get a 'W'. Next.....

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Agree'd, but you have to once "have it" before you don't. 2 of the 4 picks were gift wrapped. The Burns tip to Golden was one you could give to good defense. Probably the Sensabaugh route jumper as well.

To give one game ball... Gotta be Brown. Goat... probably the run game, but the short passes substituted for most of that.
    The INT that Burns tipped was good defense. The Sensabaugh pick was something that never should have been thrown, as he was arms length from the WR and after the WR came out of his break. Both the CB and the WR were just standing flat footed and it was another gift.

As for having to give one game ball....I would give it to Ben. For those that think it would be Brown, ask yourself if Brown puts up those numbers if Landry Jones is in at QB instead of Ben.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Marcus Mariota gets some credit. When you lose the turnover battle, you tend to lose the game and most of those INT's were just straight gifts to the DB's .

Does anybody find it interesting that if Ben throws 5 INT's, he "doesn't have it any more", but when Mariota throws 4 INT's its just "good Steelers defense"?
    Did we just become best friends? Also, while I love your posts - please stop taking my job!

Another interesting conversation is at what point are Winston and Mariota no longer "developing QBs" and become "less than we thought young QBs"? Although to be fair to Mariota he does have to deal with Mularkey! How can they insist on plunging Murray into the line repeatedly when Henry is clearly the better and more explosive RB? Also, in what world do you take the best fast paced spread offense college QB of the last 6 years and put him in basically the Marc Sanchez era Jets offense? Long story short -- imagine if Mariota was on a real big-boy team?

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

No doubt Ben, AB, defense 4 picks and, Boswell a nice night. Got to give some credit to MB for his hustle play on AB's fumble. A nice team win.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Game BALL--- the WHOLE TEAM, awesome win and it seemed everyone was on the SAME PAGE and ready to play !

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Did we just become best friends? Also, while I love your posts - please stop taking my job!

Another interesting conversation is at what point are Winston and Mariota no longer "developing QBs" and become "less than we thought young QBs"? Although to be fair to Mariota he does have to deal with Mularkey! How can they insist on plunging Murray into the line repeatedly when Henry is clearly the better and more explosive RB? Also, in what world do you take the best fast paced spread offense college QB of the last 6 years and put him in basically the Marc Sanchez era Jets offense? Long story short -- imagine if Mariota was on a real big-boy team?
    We can be friends, as long as you aren't some awkward hugging or close talking kind of guy. That's just creepy. As for taking you job, if you are getting compensated, then let me in on the gig please. :wink:

IMO, Mariota is a good qb, but his footwork was bad last night. If you watch the picks, a lot of them he moved his eyes from read to read, but left his feet in the same position, so he wasn't squared up to throw and threw with mostly arm and not lower body. That is part of his progression from the spread QB to a guy that operates in the pocket. I think Winston is a better pocket passer, but just injured.

Either way, #8 turned the ball over a lot and made that game easier for the Steelers than it needed to be, but they don't ask how you win, they ask how many you win.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Balls - Ben and Brown on Offense. Hilton, Tuitt and Sensabaugh in the Defensive side.

As for a goat, I’d have to go Burns...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The INT that Burns tipped was good defense. The Sensabaugh pick was something that never should have been thrown, as he was arms length from the WR and after the WR came out of his break. Both the CB and the WR were just standing flat footed and it was another gift.
    Fair assessment, but he's still gotta catch it (Ike Taylor)

As for having to give one game ball....I would give it to Ben. For those that think it would be Brown, ask yourself if Brown puts up those numbers if Landry Jones is in at QB instead of Ben.
    Very easily Ben as well. If he throw's underhand, ref style for +10 yards or one off his helmet... I'll change my award today.

Fair assessment, but he's still gotta catch it (Ike Taylor)

Very easily Ben as well. If he throw's underhand, ref style for +10 yards or one off his helmet... I'll change my award today.
    I think the Dean of Swaggin U even takes that lollipop throw to the house.

I know the style points matter on the 1 hand catch, but arguably there aren't many QB's that throw a fade to the slot WR with that kind of accuracy over the defender, but still inside the boundary, so that the WR makes that catch.

I think the Dean of Swaggin U even takes that lollipop throw to the house.
    Well, that would be his 1 for the year. Coty is right on pace then.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Gameballs: Zoolater for his prediction of the offensive breakout, spot on. Whoever finally decided to run a play action pass inside the 5yd line! Really though, the entire team gets a game ball. I don't even mind the deep pass plays we missed cause were without 2 starters back there. A couple more games with Coty and I won't feel so worried about facing the Pats for homefield.

Goats: Whoever forgot we have the middle of the field, one of the few plays we ran across the middle was a big gainer by JuJu.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I am watching the replay now because I missed the game last night. Looks like game ball goes to the guy who cut Haley's mic and let Ben call his own plays.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Balls: Ben, for leading the offense and playing at the elite level
    AB, for being AB
    Defense (excluding Artie)

Goats: Artie