Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger cannot throw deep

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Ben Roethlisberger cannot throw deep

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    But apparently the 2012 Ravens red zone performance was not below average - I did not know that was a problem with the 2016 Broncos and Old Man Peyton until I read this article - that was why I used the 2016 Broncos (who had a great, not very good, defense) as a possible model
    Good point.

I was only thinking about the QB position (and, I honestly feel that BB has a lot more gas in the tank than Peyton did).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I watched parts of the Colts game again and I went and watched parts of the Lions game and Ben’s problems look plain and simple to me. It looks like he’s aiming the ball and forcing the ball. It doesn’t look like mechanics, it just looks like he’s pressing it and thinking too much. First half of the Colts game he’s doing that, second half he gains some confidence and lets it happen. If he was mechanically bad, he wouldn’t just bounce back in a half like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I watched parts of the Colts game again and I went and watched parts of the Lions game and Ben’s problems look plain and simple to me. It looks like he’s aiming the ball and forcing the ball. It doesn’t look like mechanics, it just looks like he’s pressing it and thinking too much. First half of the Colts game he’s doing that, second half he gains some confidence and lets it happen. If he was mechanically bad, he wouldn’t just bounce back in a half like that.
    Sounds like my golf game!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All I can tell you unequivocally is that 2-pt. conversion and last drive for the winning FG was vintage BB. I had that same feeling I always had in the 1970s when I knew the Steelers would pull out a win. It was classic.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I agree.

Remember that Tomlin and Ben said that they were trying to make a real conscious effort to limit the INT's/turnovers this year. I think he's trying too hard to avoid INT's and it's making him overthrow so much. I think Mojouw was right that it's mental.

Kind of like a 2nd baseman overthrowing a routine out at first all the time. (For you Yankee fans, an example: think Chuck Knoblauch when he got moved to LF from 2B. That guy was just missing routine throws badly)

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Sounds like my golf game!
    If your golf game is anything like mine - I think we know Ben R's solution:

Hit the game about 2 beers in and have a few "maintenance beers" during the game to keep it all going well.

Or maybe that's just me. Gotta keep that aiming fluid topped off!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Hit the game about 2 beers in and have a few "maintenance beers" during the game to keep it all going well.

The Josh Gordon Cure.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I'm going to try that tomorrow?

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I agree.

Remember that Tomlin and Ben said that they were trying to make a real conscious effort to limit the INT's/turnovers this year. I think he's trying too hard to avoid INT's and it's making him overthrow so much
    . I think Mojouw was right that it's mental.

Kind of like a 2nd baseman overthrowing a routine out at first all the time. (For you Yankee fans, an example: think Chuck Knoblauch when he got moved to LF from 2B. That guy was just missing routine throws badly)

So what about the underthrows
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The receivers can't hold onto the ball and the OC can't call plays to save his life

He had a couple bad throws but that’s normal. Seemed like he was out there playing Ben ball and chucking it and not thinking about it...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Ben most definitely still has his mojo.

8-2!