Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

First game against Dick LeBeau since he left the steelers.

Prediction for this game?

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Re: Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

Both team's coming off win's Sunday. Both need the win. HOME field advantage ? Will it matter ? Hopefully they're rested up.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Steelers open as 7 point favorites.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

That makes no sense (other than the fact Vegas is trying to attract Titans bettors to balance wagers) with two Steelers starters out in the secondary and the offense settling in as a mediocre 20 points a game machine

Steelers win a close one 23-20.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The more things change, the more they stay the same. The Titans nearly blew a 10 point 4th quarter lead to the Ravens. I predict the same thing will happen here.

Steelers fall behind in the third quarter, but come back and win due to Lebeau Defense falling apart in the 4th quarter, as they always do. Steelers score 10 unanswered and win 24-20.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

7 point favorites - I'd take the points. We've been winning games with defense and struggling to put up 20 points a game on offense. So giving up one of our two touchdowns is not an attractive bet.

I still think we win this one, but not by a blowout.

Are the Titans really 6-3? How'd that happen?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This should be a loss. On the road Sunday. Followed up by a road game 4 days later? Several years of TNF says that points to a sloppy, low-scoring loss for the Steelers.

Mojouw fully expects that the "Fire Tomlin" thread will be exploding Thursday and Friday after the Steelers play a listless game against the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    7 point favorites - I'd take the points. We've been winning games with defense and struggling to put up 20 points a game on offense. So giving up one of our two touchdowns is not an attractive bet.

I still think we win this one, but not by a blowout.

Are the Titans really 6-3? How'd that happen?
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/oti/2017.htm

Won their last 4 games against Colts(36-22,it was 19-15 colts after 3 quarter) Cleveland(12-9 in overtime),Ravens(23-20) and Bengals(24-20)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This should be a loss. On the road Sunday. Followed up by a road game 4 days later? Several years of TNF says that points to a sloppy, low-scoring loss for the Steelers.

Mojouw fully expects that the "Fire Tomlin" thread will be exploding Thursday and Friday after the Steelers play a listless game against the Titans.
    The game is in Pittsburgh....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/oti/2017.htm

Won their last 4 games against Colts(36-22,it was 19-15 colts after 3 quarter) Cleveland(12-9 in overtime),Ravens(23-20) and Bengals(24-20)

- - - Updated - - -

The game is in Pittsburgh....
    Yeah...I'm not good at reading sometimes!

I still think that this is going to be a "bad game" and a potential loss. Derrick Henry and the deep ball might cause the Steelers fits right now.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Steelers open as 7 point favorites.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

That makes no sense (other than the fact Vegas is trying to attract Titans bettors to balance wagers) with two Steelers starters out in the secondary and the offense settling in as a mediocre 20 points a game machine

Steelers win a close one 23-20.

It actually does. First despite a 6-3 record the Titans have been outscored by their opponents on the season 205-213. Then you factor in the short week, Thursday games often end up as a rout for the home team.

Last game was the stupid line. The Colts had been playing better. Beat the Texans, should have beat the Bengals the work before that in Cincy. Steelers tend to lay down as big road favorites and had lost the previous 3 seasons coming off the bye. I think the Steelers extended their bye week through the first two quarters of yesterdays game come to think of it!

I like the Steelers big in this one. And I haven't predicted that all season.

Steelers 38 -16
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    It actually does. First despite a 6-3 record the Titans have been outscored by their opponents on the season 205-213. Then you factor in the short week, Thursday games often end up as a rout for the home team.

Last game was the stupid line. The Colts had been playing better. Beat the Texans, should have beat the Bengals the work before that in Cincy. Steelers tend to lay down as big road favorites and had lost the previous 3 seasons coming off the bye. I think the Steelers extended their bye week through the first two quarters of yesterdays game come to think of it!

Steelers 38 -16
    The point differenciel of the Titans is not very good, but it was because of their game against Houston when they lost 57-14.

I still think the steelers will win by 7-10 points but they need to stop their running game and not give big play in the passing game.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Steelers need to quit screwing around and score early. Don't defer on coin toss. Take the ball and score TD. If they get ahead early they win big. I do think they will do that. 31-20. I think with shaziers speed Mariota less likely to beat them with his legs. Only worry is Steelers starting slow and Titans having success running the ball. Hopefully they add some different offensive plays to mix up LeBeau and their D which should be well prepared for Steelers offense. 7-2 is more than you can ask for but I really want to see a great offensive showing for once this year, I have a feeling it will happen on Thursday.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The opponent is facing the same short week we are, so I don't know how that affects us any more. Something I've never understood about the Thursday game excuse.

Plus, we only played half a game yesterday, so we ought to be coming in way fresher.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The opponent is facing the same short week we are, so I don't know how that affects us any more. Something I've never understood about the Thursday game excuse.

Plus, we only played half a game yesterday, so we ought to be coming in way fresher.
    Yeah the whole TNF whine reminds me of college players whining about having to go to class too. I have no tolerance for whiners.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

That deserves a bump and re-read.

Ummmm....everyone remember that video where Bettis couldn't walk down the stairs in his house without assistance until the Wednesday or Thursday after a game? What a whiner!

Scoring is down on TNF and penalties are up.

Coaches don't have time to install a full game plan.

Players can not recover physically.

Home team typically wins

TNF is a stupid idea that gets players hurt, shafts the road team, and generally makes for bad football. YEAH NFL!!

Ummmm....everyone remember that video where Bettis couldn't walk down the stairs in his house without assistance until the Wednesday or Thursday after a game? What a whiner!

Scoring is down on TNF and penalties are up.

Coaches don't have time to install a full game plan.

Players can not recover physically.

Home team typically wins

TNF is a stupid idea that gets players hurt, shafts the road team, and generally makes for bad football. YEAH NFL!!

I mean yeah, the games suck and the players are tired and beat up, but the opponent is just as tired and beat up as we are.

If it were up to me, I'd shitcan Thursday night games in a half-second for all the reasons you mentioned ... but as long as they're playing them, I don't think it's a disadvantage for us any more than it is for everyone else.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

We will lose this game for sure cause its on a thursday night and Ben is already complaining about it. 24-14 Titans ...Ben will throw 2 picks

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Steelers 38 -16
    No way we score 38...it would be nice but not happening

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Roger Goodell can give you 500 million reasons a year (450 million from CBS & NBC/50 million from Amazon) why it is great.

When you have a product for which demand may collapse at any time you milk it for as much as you can while you can.

It's all about the Benjamins.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Steelers need to quit screwing around and score early.
    We can't. Were not good enough. It's Week 9 and this is who we are. We can reliably score close to 20 points and thats it. Our season will be dictated by our defense, Bell's health, and Ben being complacent as a game manager who makes occasional big time throws
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Roger Goodell can give you 500 million reasons a year (450 million from CBS & NBC/50 million from Amazon) why it is great.

When you have a product for which demand may collapse at any time you milk it for as much as you can while you can.

It's all about the Benjamins.
    Or you don't continue to ruin the product year after year so it will last much longer. Adding water to beer to make more doesn't work!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Steelers 38 -16
    Damn Zu I do like your thinking.... I am ready for this team to break it open and step on someone's throat. Winning big like your thinking would damn sure make a fantastic Thursday night !!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I hope not, but you have to wonder how in the hell the Steelers looked so bad. The Pats came off a bye also and were firing on all cylinders, as usual. As much as I dislike them there is surely a bond between Bill and his players.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I hope not, but you have to wonder how in the hell the Steelers looked so bad. The Pats came off a bye also and were firing on all cylinders, as usual. As much as I dislike them there is surely a bond between Bill and his players.
    You have a point... but...

(I posted this in another thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    What is interesting is that Steelers fans focus only on Steelers games. I get it. Who has time to follow another team as closely as your own? (No one.) But, if we look closely at the Taperiots this year, I honestly do not see a team as dominant as in years past.

We focus only on "Da Stillers lost to the hapless Bears!!!"... when the Taperiots were gifted their win against the Buccaneers (Nick Folk missing three FGs stole defeat from the jaws of victory).

We focus on "The Steelers barely beat the pitiful Colts and abysmal Browns!!!"... when the Taperiots had a legitimate chance of losing to both the Jets and Chargers (if not for a questionable non-touchdown and the brainfarting of the San Diego coaching staff).

We we focus on "The Ravens usually have our number, but we're lucky that they are having a down year"... when the Broncos defense has been the Achilles heel for the Taperiots (and, btw, the Broncos have lost five straight... so, it's not just the Taperiots who are beating them).

Et cetera... yadda-yadda-yadda... and so on.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

The Steelers will win on Thursday night against the Titans.

Here's what their fans have to say...

http://www.gotitans.com/threads/game...teelers.98858/

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/29685-steelers-week/

Geno71

Now, to show you how much Roger Goodell fucks with this team on purpose?

Next year if Ben plays for us since he spoke up? We will play a Sunday road game, and then a Thursday road game (Probably in Baltimore, Goodell's adopted childhood city) the same week. Just like Goodell did to us before, and when we had to do it? It was the FIRST TIME that happened, to any team, since 2002.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers first 30 point game of the season.