Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7-2 with no complete team performance

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: 7-2 with no complete team performance

Quote Originally Posted by Geno71 View Post
    That doesn't sound like the words that a "fan" would say. Wouldn't you agree?
    Clearly I don't because I wrote it.

Can argue all day about the reasons for it and the ways to fix things -- but until the production at the QB position gets better, this offense is what it is.

Can it get better? One would think so based on the fact that the QB is a 1st ballot HOF'er - but what do I know?

Geno71

I don't think they are as good as their record. Too many ugly wins and an offense that hasn't done well at all.

I thought style points didn't matter?

I honestly think this is what this team is this year. They are not getting any better and they won't get much worse barring injury.

You heathens! Have faith in your team!

Can't use Conner because he is a dead give-away. He can not play in the passing game. Almost every time they have tried it he has either led to Ben getting hit, a turnover, or he dropped the ball.

Bell got Ben drilled twice yesterday because he was slow getting to blitz pickup.

James Conner has had ONE PASS, thrown his way in 9 games.

But I'm just stunned at the lack of optimism and fandom in this thread. Show some loyalty people.

Can argue all day about the reasons for it and the ways to fix things -- but until the production at the QB position gets better, this offense is what it is.

Can't get better until the grown ups take over.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    No sure about that, but I know we can't get worse!
    33rd... here we come!!!

Geno71

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I don't think they are as good as their record. Too many ugly wins and an offense that hasn't done well at all.
    Now if *I* posted that? You'd start crying.

The way a message board actually works is, if YOU are allowed to post YOUR opinion, then others are allowed the same courtesy.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Now if *I* posted that? You'd start crying.

The way a message board actually works is, if YOU are allowed to post YOUR opinion, then others are allowed the same courtesy.
    Maybe if you weren't so combative and condescending every time people disagreed with what you posted (and the majority of your opinions are wild ideas that the majority would disagree with) you wouldn't draw the ire of so many people.

Geno71

Maybe if you weren't so combative and condescending every time people disagreed with what you posted (and the majority of your opinions are wild ideas that the majority would disagree with) you wouldn't draw the ire of so many people.
    List these "wild" opinions.

I'm all ears.

No, I drew the ire of people because I don't suck off Todd Haley like most of the fan base does. Like Art II does.

I actually appreciate the TALENT, and not an in over his head OC who doesn't have a fucking clue what to do.

OMG Antonio Brown is being double-teamed! Oh no what shall I do? Daddy help!
    Last edited by Geno71; 11-14-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

You're wasting your time. This asshole enjoys being an asshole.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

List these "wild" opinions.

I'm all ears.

No, I drew the ire of people because I don't suck off Todd Haley like most of the fan base does. Like Art II does.

I actually appreciate the TALENT, and not an in over his head OC who doesn't have a fucking clue what to do.

OMG Antonio Brown is being double-teamed! Oh no what shall I do? Daddy help!
    Crash?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Geno71

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    You're wasting your time. This asshole enjoys being an asshole.
    I'm not the one who hurls insults here. Many post the same opinions here that I do.

So either we're all trolls or I'm not.

Again, pick one.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

I'm not the one who hurls insults here. Many post the same opinions here that I do.

Again, pick one.
    Yeah don't Nix this guy if you disagree with him. His opinion is tough as fullback play!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Again, pick one.
    Maybe. Maybe not. But most of us manage to post without making an oral sex reference or three per post.

Most of us manage to post without flatly stating that anyone who holds a different opinion then them is performing a variety of sex acts on the owner and/or coaching staff.

It is clear that you get a sense of superiority from the internet and social media - your Twitter demonstrates an obsession with tracking the # of followers you have. Additionally, you seem bitter and angry that Steelers fans and media listen/read people that you regard as "20 something bloggers" without your high level of football knowledge.

Judging by the fact that your main criticisms of various coaches is their ties to either Pittsburgh or the Steelers organization coupled with their lack of football playing experience - I'm just going to guess that you are pissed off that after your glorious pee-wee and high school career no one recognized your football acumen and offered you a coaching position. Clearly, multiple college and NFL organizations have made a grievous mistake in not locking up your incredibly perceptive and fertile football mind. Imagine the dizzying heights of success they might climb to if they were the only team to have access to your revolutionary insights to offensive schemes. But you should keep the dream alive! If a failed yinzer golf pro like Haley can manage to coach in the NFL, then you should eventually be able to climb the ranks and bring your offensive insights to an NFL starving for your innovative ideas. In the meantime - keep perfecting the "Madden video game" offense - just a suggested name, feel free to change it, but you need to name your scheme. All the "cool" coaches do!

I wish you luck in your quest to, well actually I have no idea what your goal is. As far as I can tell it is something to do with cuckolds, oral sex acts, and convincing strangers on the internet that you know more than Haley. Honestly, I hope you get whatever you want. Perhaps together we can Make the Steelers Great Again? Work to ban 22 personnel? Maybe have a tiny hands across america about it?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I honestly think this is what this team is this year. They are not getting any better and they won't get much worse barring injury.

The offense is designed to be as good as the quarterback. Ben has to be better and I don't see that happening.
    I'm a little surprised, this coming from you? No, I don't expect you to be a cheerleader. I'm fine with critical analysis. But seriously I'm seeing very positive signs of Ben's game rounding into shape the past two games. I'm surprised what I'm seeing is alluding you? Is he the 2014-15 Ben that could throw 10 Td's in 2 games? No. I can't see that happening again. But he hasn't been floating nearly as many passes these past couple games. He's putting some starch on those seam passes once again. Also seeing Martavis being involved this past game could reap huge future benefits. ( let's not forget the 2 point conversion, not sure why they don't count in player's stats?) Him getting out of his personal fog could help open up the running lanes in the weeks ahead. Lastly Ben's been a much better player at home than on the road in recent seasons. 5 of the last 7 games are at home. I think we're going to see a significant upturn in the passing game in the weeks to come.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I'm a little surprised, this coming from you? No, I don't expect you to be a cheerleader. I'm fine with critical analysis. But seriously I'm seeing very positive signs of Ben's game rounding into shape the past two games. I'm surprised what I'm seeing is alluding you? Is he the 2014-15 Ben that could throw 10 Td's in 2 games? No. I can't see that happening again. But he hasn't been floating nearly as many passes these past couple games. He's putting some starch on those seam passes once again. Also seeing Martavis being involved this past game could reap huge future benefits. ( let's not forget the 2 point conversion, not sure why they don't count in player's stats?) Him getting out of his personal fog could help open up the running lanes in the weeks ahead. Lastly Ben's been a much better player at home than on the road in recent seasons. 5 of the last 7 games are at home. I think we're going to see a significant upturn in the passing game in the weeks to come.
    You may have me turned around on this issue! You hit the nail on the head for me. Most of this season "Bad Ben" has been around. The Ben who "aims" passes and as a result misses high or throws it into the ground 2 yards short.

If you are right and the Ben who drops back and just let's it rip is coming back - then things will definitely get better. I've been in a foul mood all season and have pessimistically assumed that Ben is gone forever. Hope I'm wrong and you are right!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I hope you’re right as well and could see this going in that direction, but just last game alone, he was floating passes out there. At least two to JuJu one of which JuJu pulled down and then the TD pass to McDonald, which it took him forever to see, was floated out there and by Ben’s own admission thought was going into the front row. Maybe he’s calming down a little bit but that’s gonna come back and bite him if he doesn’t get that under control sooner than later...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I hope you’re right as well and could see this going in that direction, but just last game alone, he was floating passes out there. At least two to JuJu one of which JuJu pulled down and then the TD pass to McDonald, which it took him forever to see, was floated out there and by Ben’s own admission thought was going into the front row. Maybe he’s calming down a little bit but that’s gonna come back and bite him if he doesn’t get that under control sooner than later...
    I watched that play again on Youtube and there was a frighteningly not so funny moment where 3 Steelers (Bell, DeCastro, and Gilbert) are blocking one guy. Ben gets happy feet and scrambles around and then Bell breaks away from the block as he sees Ben scramble to give him an option, DeCastro falls asleep and turns around and takes his eye off the Colt. The Colt then pushes Gilbert, is now free and heads straight for Ben.

So, the pass was high but Ben got excited and saw a wide open McDonald with the Colt heading toward him.

Haley now yells at Danny Smith for chewing too loud and thinks he should be going for the extra point only to be overruled by cool shades

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Yeah don't Nix this guy if you disagree with him. His opinion is tough as fullback play!
    I love great fullback play. They can work well in the run game and take pressure off your QB, so he doesn't get hurt as often.....kind of the opposite of what they do in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I love great fullback play. They can work well in the run game and take pressure off your QB, so he doesn't get hurt as often.....kind of the opposite of what they do in Arizona.
    And the NFL agrees with you. FB's are on the rise (too slowly for my taste) across the league. When all this pass-wackiness started 10-12 years ago, I thought the FB was done and you could use an H-back or motion a TE through or something. I continued to think that for a long time.

Last couple of years has me (re?) convinced that there is no substitute for a great blocking FB.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Great teams find a way to win.

As long as they hit their stride and peak when it matters, I am not too concerned if they sputter their way to victories during the season.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Great teams find a way to win.

As long as they hit their stride and peak when it matters, I am not too concerned if they sputter their way to victories during the season.
    Complete agreement.

Senior Member Array title="hwalker84 will become famous soon enough">

Hopefully they wake up when New England beats the brakes off of us Dec 17th.

BostonBlackie

I still say it's a Patriots/Steelers AFCCG.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Watch the Eagles play. That is how a young good QB leads a high powered offense.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    I still say it's a Patriots/Steelers AFCCG.
    Hope so.

On a side note, I just started binge watching the Wahlburgers....

Gronk was in the episode I watched last night.

Marky Mark is the producer.

It is actually quite entertaining.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Hope so.

On a side note, I just started binge watching the Wahlburgers....

Gronk was in the episode I watched last night.

Marky Mark is the producer.

It is actually quite entertaining.

I went to the one in Myrtle Beach. Meh. Not impressed. I didn't feel any good vibrations.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I see a Jags/Steelers rematch AFCCG

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I went to the one in Myrtle Beach. Meh. Not impressed. I didn't feel any good vibrations.
    Maybe they don't have the right stuff?

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I feel they have not played but, 7-2 I'll take it. Look I think Ben can turn it around and, play well this is not a college ranking system either. Let's see what they finish the season and, enter the playoffs they usually play their best football around that time.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I was attempting to recall if there has been a Steelers team with a 7-2 record with less enthusiasm for the Super Bowl prospects of the team at the time it hit 7-2 than this one.

There were the 1983 Steelers featuring Cliff Stoudt at QB which peaked at 9-2 before finishing 10-6. And there were the 1996 Steelers with Mike Tomczak at QB (with some Kordell mixed in) which peaked at 9-3 before finishing at 10-6.

Both teams were flawed at QB.

I guess this is sort of like 1983. In 1983 the hope was Bradshaw would come back from his elbow injury - he played one half in week 15 against the Jets until reinjuring his elbow and that was it for his career.

In 2017 the hope is that the version of Ben the Steelers have had for most of his career returns rather than a continuation of the mediocrity we have seen so far. Waiting for the return of prime Ben for one final playoff run in some ways might be as realistic as those of us old timers who were hoping for one final playoff run from Bradshaw in 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I was attempting to recall if there has been a Steelers team with a 7-2 record with less enthusiasm for the Super Bowl prospects of the team at the time it hit 7-2 than this one.

There were the 1983 Steelers featuring Cliff Stoudt at QB which peaked at 9-2 before finishing 10-6. And there were the 1996 Steelers with Mike Tomczak at QB (with some Kordell mixed in) which peaked at 9-3 before finishing at 10-6.

Both teams were flawed at QB.

I guess this is sort of like 1983. In 1983 the hope was Bradshaw would come back from his elbow injury - he played one half in week 15 against the Jets until reinjuring his elbow and that was it for his career.

In 2017 the hope is that the version of Ben the Steelers have had for most of his career returns rather than a continuation of the mediocrity we have seen so far. Waiting for the return of prime Ben for one final playoff run in some ways might be as realistic as those of us old timers who were hoping for one final playoff run from Bradshaw in 1983.
    I think i remember that '83 game vs the Jets. If it's the same one, we were being handled and abused. Bradshaw came in and the Steelers came back and won the game.