Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

One thing everyone should know is that we must never doubt the steelers in primetime, especially at home!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

PB and Desert predicted the defense only allowing 17. The offense outscored all predictions.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    One thing everyone should know is that we must never doubt the steelers in primetime, especially at home!
    This is true!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Dilly, Dilly!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Our color rush uniforms are awesome.

Ben's just getting hot for the stretch run.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

It's over...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    It's over...

It's over for him every week. Just go to the Game Day threads and listen to people lose their minds and criticize, question, and insult the best QB that will lead their team in their lifetime.

People don't know what they don't know. Most don't have a clue of what they're looking at when evaluating a quarterback. There is so much going on around a quarterback, that if you don't know the responsibilities of every player on a given play and the adjustments that are built into the offense based on the defense, it's very hard to assign blame.

Many people just don't get that.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It's over for him every week. Just go to the Game Day threads and listen to people lose their minds and criticize, question, and insult the best QB that will lead their team in their lifetime.

People don't know what they don't know. Most don't have a clue of what they're looking at when evaluating a quarterback. There is so much going on around a quarterback, that if you don't know the responsibilities of every player on a given play and the adjustments that are built into the offense based on the defense, it's very hard to assign blame.

100% agree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Our color rush uniforms are awesome.

Ben's just getting hot for the stretch run.
    Agreed , we have the best looking color rush units... By far. I would bet our away ones would be hideous

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

He's obviously already checked out and retired.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

BS and Ben has played poorly all season to late and should be called upon it! Why does he get a free ride when everyone else gets called out like crazy when they do ? I knew this would be his best game cause 1. Ben plays better at home. 2. He players better when there is better competition. 3. He plays better in prime time. Last night had all 3 rap in one. His heart ain't in it when none of the 3 are involved. Anyways he look good and think he still has it.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    BS and Ben has played poorly all season to late and should be called upon it! Why does he get a free ride when everyone else gets called out like crazy when they do ? I knew this would be his best game cause 1. Ben plays better at home. 2. He players better when there is better competition. 3. He plays better in prime time. Last night had all 3 rap in one. His heart ain't in it when none of the 3 are involved. Anyways he look good and think he still has it.
    Then how is it that he is a 102 quarterback rating since the Jaguars game

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Then how is it that he is a 102 quarterback rating since the Jaguars game
    This is his worse year in years regardless of QB ratings. Like I said if Ben don't have any of those 3 points in the game then you get lackluster Ben that game.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tnf-post-g...de-is-the-GOAT

I didn't know the guy that turned in the bike got arrested 2 days later for stealing bikes!!!!
    JuJu is punkin everyone on the panel

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I don't know what free ride you are talking about. Ben has not been as good as he has been in previous years and I have heard plenty of criticism from fans. Yes some of it is Ben and some of it is dropped balls, but his inconsistency is and should be looked at. Ben himself would tell you this has not been his best year. I was in the game thread last night and Ben got plenty of blame in the 1st 1/2 and rightfully so, I am just glad he finally found his rhythm. I hope it continues.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

BS???

Do you want to know what real BS is?

BS is having to listen to uninformed, ignorant fans like you make idiotic statements about individual players or the team in general. Not well thought out, reasonable criticism....only bold, loud nonsense.

BS is having to read threads that are started from someone here like "I Will Say It Artie Burns Sux!!!!!!!!", or listen to someone say Ben needs to be called out because "he has played poorly all season"........and that the joker that makes these claims isn't smart enough to understand that the team is 8-2 and currently the #1 seed in the AFC and that they're 17-3 in their last 20 games including playoffs, and 15-2 in their last 17 regular season games.

Imagine that....all these players that suck, a quarterback that can't play and "his heart ain't in it", injured players out of the secondary, and they destroy a 6-3 division leader on national television. Wow....you're really nailing everything with your nuggets of wisdom, aren't you?

BS is having to listen to people that have a couple of six-packs in them, and rather than having the common sense to stay away from the keyboard, start typing moronic things online.

Now that is most definitely BS.

If you want to continue to grace us with your idiotic bravado and insight, you go right ahead. Just be prepared to be "called" on it. We wouldn't want you to get a "free ride" on your performance.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As far as BB goes, Michael Irvin made an initerating comment, when asked if the Steelers could win it all (paraphrased):

With the BB who was thinking about retirement... no. The Ben that we saw last week, making a completion while a defender is holding onto his jersey... if THAT Ben, that I know & love, if HE shows up... the Steelers are unstoppable.”

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    100% agree

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed , we have the best looking color rush units... By far. I would bet our away ones would be hideous
    I haven't seen the away color rush but I think it will be all white, similar to the old 70s version.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I haven't seen the away color rush but I think it will be all white, similar to the old 70s version.
    I’ve heard that, too... but, I’ve also seen renderings (fans + photoshop) of all-yellow uniforms.

Both would be good, but second place to the all-black unis.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’ve heard that, too... but, I’ve also seen renderings (fans + photoshop) of all-yellow uniforms.

Both would be good, but second place to the all-black unis.

This would be great in a muddy game.

Yes, Roethlisberger is not having his best season, but when I see comparisons to other places with the last season of Peyton Manning, many have short memories!

Ben is still a good QB, Ben has a QB rating of 87, which is not very good, but not atrocious like Manning when he had a QB rating of 67 during the 2015 season!

If we remove their worst games from their seasons, Roethlisberger would probably have a QB rating of 95 without the game against the jaguars, which would be very good and without the game against the chiefs of Manning in 2015, his QB rating would be at 75, which would be still very mediocre.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Yes, Roethlisberger is not having his best season, but when I see comparisons to other places with the last season of Peyton Manning, many have short memories!

Ben is still a good QB, Ben has a QB rating of 87, which is not very good, but not atrocious like Manning when he had a QB rating of 67 during the 2015 season!

If we remove their worst games from their seasons, Roethlisberger would probably have a QB rating of 95 without the game against the jaguars, which would be very good and without the game against the chiefs of Manning in 2015, his QB rating would be at 75, which would be still very mediocre.
    In fairness if you take Ben's best game away you should also take his worst away. So minus the Titans game Ben's got 12 td passes, and minus the Jags game he has 5 picks. His rating for those games would probably be right around 90. Not good, not bad, just middle of the pack. Which is largely where his game has been this season. Now of course the last 6 quarters could be an indication that these final 6 regular season games could put Ben back to top tier status again.

- - - Updated - - -

This would be great in a muddy game.
    I've always loved those white on white uniforms! Wish they would break them out again! Of course since the jersey is the same there's no money to be made by breaking out the white pants.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    In fairness if you take Ben's best game away you should also take his worst away. So minus the Titans game Ben's got 12 td passes, and minus the Jags game he has 5 picks. His rating for those games would probably be right around 90. Not good, not bad, just middle of the pack. Which is largely where his game has been this season. Now of course the last 6 quarters could be an indication that these final 6 regular season games could put Ben back to top tier status again.
    Agreed

But it's just that the comparison I saw on twitter or other places with the last season of Peyton Manning is not very good.

I do not think Manning had a very good game in 2015!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

I've always loved those white on white uniforms! Wish they would break them out again! Of course since the jersey is the same there's no money to be made by breaking out the white pants.
    If you want to expand the equation, take away Haley for the rest of the season and refer to the stats. At this point Haley should draw up a set of flash cards on Saturday and let Ben shuffle the deck on Sundays from now on. I don't see what the big deal of allowing Ben to call the plays. Bradshaw did it for years. Don't you think those long passes to Martvais and end arounds to him were not dumb Haley calls at the same time every game?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Steelers 33
    Titans 17

That's right... >30
    Damn friend..... awesome prediction ! Ought to play some lottery number's. Got any predictions scores for the rest of season....LOL ? Oh, and I loved the color rush uniforms !!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Damn friend..... awesome prediction ! Ought to play some lottery number's. Got any predictions scores for the rest of season....LOL ? Oh, and I loved the color rush uniforms !!!!!
    Zu did pretty good also

I like the Steelers big in this one. And I haven't predicted that all season.
    Steelers 38 -16

- - - Updated - - -

Yuck, disagree... Those are awful. I hope to never see those again