Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

Haley versus LeBeau

StillMill will have a field day with this one!!!

Clod Haley runs his fifth reverse of the game... only to be out-dumbed by Richard BeLeau, who has his corners playing a quarter-mile downfield. Luckily for the mighty DICK, Bongtavis stepped out of bounds just short of the first down marker, in order to make a tweet about not getting enough attention. Dumblin just stares 1000 yards away, pondering whether to wear his Ray Bans or his Oakleys in the second half.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Lewan and Conklin are THE best OT tandem in the NFL. TJ may have whooped Joe Thomas and Dupree may be getting his shoulder healthier, but this game has ugly written all over it. I predict that the pass rush will be neutralized except from the interior, Shazier randomly flips from undisciplined tackling last week to disciplined this week as per usual helping us negate the titans run game and forcing the titans to throw.

30-26 Steelers. Fuck it, im predicting we finally hit the big 3-0.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Lewan and Conklin are THE best OT tandem in the NFL.
    Very true.

On the flip side, their interior is susceptible to the pass rush. I foresee Javon Hargrave having a field day/coming out party tomorrow night.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Very true.

On the flip side, their interior is susceptible to the pass rush. I foresee Javon Hargrave having a field day/coming out party tomorrow night.
    And it's time to unleash Harrison
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

I honestly think they’re saving him for Dec. 17th.

(He’d be 100% fresh... and, it gives Belichick ZERO tape on him.)

- - - Updated - - -

...then again, on a shortened week, using a fresh & rested Harrison would make sense.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers fans will need to brace for chilly winds Thursday night as their team takes on the Tennessee Titans at Heinz Field. But rain gear can be left at home.

"We're not expecting any precipitation tonight but it's going to be breezy," said meteorologist Lee Hendricks of the National Weather Service in Pittsburgh.

While a slight chance of rain or snow showers was predicted for daylight hours, the evening was expected to be dry.

Still, leftover damp conditions combined with winds of 10 to 15 mph may make Heinz Field a bit uncomfortable.
    "The temperature will be about 36 degrees but, with the wind chills, it'll feel like 27.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201711160129

Oh good - wind. That will help with the deep passing game.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Oh, gheez. I hope this isn't another one of those games Ben tries to start off with the 2 gloves, then after some bad play, ends up shedding it as the problem.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Listed as Questionable for the game. Limited practice for the short week.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Very true.

I'm hoping to see Heyward and Tuitt continue to be factors on the LOS. As much as we want to talk passing game, I think this comes down to :

1. Can the Steelers O line control the trenches and establish the run game
    2. Can the Steelers D line control their gaps in run defense and force Mariota to throw the football and not rely on read option. (I think this is a big game for Watt and Dupree in controlling the edges)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

They run inside and outside equally well. I get the Titan games nearly every week here. They are prone to self destruct on offense maybe more than we are. When they are clicking, they're tough to stop. Lewan can be tricked into a PF or 2 if the situation warrants.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Prediction for this game?
    Steelers 33
    Titans 17

That's right... >30

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Steelers 33
    Titans 17

That's right... >30
    Damn I hope you're right about the score !!!! I'd love to sit back in my chair with a long neck and enjoy a game for once with this team and not have to sit on pins/needles wondering how they are going to blow the game.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Dick LeBeau got to hang with his Steelers family Wednesday.

The former defensive coordinator — in town as an assistant for the Tennessee Titans, who face the Steelers Thursday night at Heinz Field — took some time to dine with some current and former players. And they were appreciative.

Among the active Steelers present: linebacker Arthur Moats, defensive end Cameron Heyward and outside linebackers coach Joey Porter.
    Former Steelers included Chris Hoke, Troy Polamalu and Brett Keisel.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/11/16/steelers-dick-labeau-troy-polamalu-cam-heyward-arthur-moats/stories/201711160115

Good to see Troy may be estranged from the organization but not his ex-teammates and certainly not his former coach

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I can't name all the guys in that photo. I see Troy, Peazy, Kiesel, Hoke, Heyward, possibly Townsend in front of Hoke next to LeBeau, Moats? in the far left.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Who's the guy in the painting??

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I can't name all the guys in that photo. I see Troy, Peazy, Kiesel, Hoke, Heyward, possibly Townsend in front of Hoke next to LeBeau, Moats? in the far left.
    I think that is DeShea, who coaches the DBs for the Titans

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

27-17 steelers....so no 30 points for the steelers!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Who's the guy in the painting??
    James Lipton?

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    James Lipton?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    James Lipton?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I'm hoping to see Heyward and Tuitt continue to be factors on the LOS. As much as we want to talk passing game, I think this comes down to :

1. Can the Steelers O line control the trenches and establish the run game
    2. Can the Steelers D line control their gaps in run defense and force Mariota to throw the football and not rely on read option. (I think this is a big game for Watt and Dupree in controlling the edges)

If Dupree and Watt can just contain/force everything towards the middle, that is a win for them. Because, I'm positive that Heyward-Hargrave-Tuitt can stop the inside runs.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Haley versus LeBeau

StillMill will have a field day with this one!!!

Clod Haley runs his fifth reverse of the game... only to be out-dumbed by Richard BeLeau, who has his corners playing a quarter-mile downfield. Luckily for the mighty DICK, Bongtavis stepped out of bounds just short of the first down marker, in order to make a tweet about not getting enough attention. Dumblin just stares 1000 yards away, pondering whether to wear his Ray Bans or his Oakleys in the second half.

Oh man LeBeau is going to dial up his best game plan tonight I assure you that!

Steelers win by 1.
    21-20

Offense struggles in the first half, and get it momentum in the 3rd quarter getting us 14 points. Takes till the final secs for us to score our last touchdown. Another heart attack game.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Townsend is next to LeBeau in the striped shirt. Nick Eason is in front of Keisel, but I don't know who the guy on the far right of the picture is.

If Dupree and Watt can just contain/force everything towards the middle, that is a win for them. Because, I'm positive that Heyward-Hargrave-Tuitt can stop the inside runs.
    The Titans run a read option package where Mariota reads the ends and decides to give to the RB or keep. Its tough because the weak side OLB has to stay home or #8 keeps it and while I think Watt or Dupree have the speed to stay with Mariota...if they stay home its 5 O linemen(plus an H back) on 3 D-Linemen and 3LB's on the frontside zone run. IMO, you are correct that they should funnel inside to the big dogs.

Personally, I would love to see the Steelers slant the backside LB to the play, so that Mariota keeps it and then roll Davis up on a stunt so he gets a chance to get a hit on the QB. Its a stunt I saw when read option started becoming popular 5+ years ago in college that a DC called "rock n roll".

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’m thinking it’s gonna be an AB night tonight. Less Bell, more Brown...especially on a short week and the nice match up Brown has.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’m thinking it’s gonna be an AB night tonight. Less Bell, more Brown...especially on a short week and the nice match up Brown has.
    I agree, I think we see a ton of no-huddle. That bodes well for AB.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I love when Ben goes no-huddle. It's pretty hawt.

If the offense has a bad game tonight, I would not be surprised if Haley is fired.

In 2013, no-huddle saved Todd Haley's job too.

I never understood why the steelers do not use it more often, except that Haley or Arians have a big ego!

No-huddle does not mean hurry up offense and you can run the ball too in this situation.