Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Week 11(TNF):Tennessee Titans(6-3)

Steelers by 3. Bell is MVP. Steelers run defense gets abused.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    No way we score 38...it would be nice but not happening

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    We were a missed chip shot fg from scoring 20 in the 2nd half of the Colts game. So the signs are there that a turnaround is coming.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    We were a missed chip shot fg from scoring 20 in the 2nd half of the Colts game. So the signs are there that a turnaround is coming.
    Hope you are right!!! Short week though I dont see it

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    At least I’m not alone in this line of thinking.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

It's TNF (Thursday Night Fever)! Catch It!

Ed Bouchette

From what I hear there will be plenty of empty seats at Heinz Thursday night. People cannot give their tickets away and 12,000 for sale online

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201711140088

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    It's TNF (Thursday Night Fever)! Catch It!

Ed Bouchette

From what I hear there will be plenty of empty seats at Heinz Thursday night. People cannot give their tickets away and 12,000 for sale online

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201711140088
    Yikes.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report.html

Bryant with an "illness" on a Monday (and Tuesday) yet again.

Deebo and Mitchell w/limited practice

Vance Mickey D did not practice.. ankle still bothering him?

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

I wonder if Bryant may be going to counselling after games. It would be the most likely time for him to want to self medicate.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I didn't know the Titans had so many ex Steeler coaches and players on their staff

Mularkey
    LeBeau
    Nick Eason
    Grimm
    Lou Spanos
    Deshea Townsend
    Keith Willis

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I didn't know the Titans had so many ex Steeler coaches and players on their staff

Mularkey
    LeBeau
    Nick Eason
    Grimm
    Lou Spanos
    Deshea Townsend
    Keith Willis
    Yeah, remember when a lot of Yinzers thought Russ Grimm should have been the Head Coach to replace Cowher.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Yikes.
    Yeah that’s why the hometown Steeler fans belong in the overrated category. It’s the national fans that fuel the great reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah that’s why the hometown Steeler fans belong in the overrated category. It’s the national fans that fuel the great reputation.
    Agreed the home crowd is overrated compared to other stadiums I have been at (Seattle and Atlanta) but due to the long term success it is an older season ticket holder crowd.

Looking at three consecutive home night games in the next 4 weeks is bad scheduling by the league, particularly for an older crowd - the Titans game would be the ticket I would try to sell if I had season tickets and was going to skip one of those three games

Tickets in sections 234 and 235 (club level behind the Steelers bench between the 40s) with a face value of $330 are available for as low as $220

https://www.stubhub.com/pittsburgh-s...=122157,122150

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Announcers continually say during road games how well the Steelers fans “travel.” It irks me because those aren’t traveling fans for the most part. Those are local Steelers fans. We are everywhere.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The biggest matchup concern I see is this Steelers front 7 against the Titans power running game and O-line. Hoping the Steelers can win, 8-2 would look very nice, plus don't want to lose the head-head tie breaker to the Titans AND Jags

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The biggest matchup concern I see is this Steelers front 7 against the Titans power running game and O-line. Hoping the Steelers can win, 8-2 would look very nice, plus don't want to lose the head-head tie breaker to the Titans AND Jags
    Its a shame this game is on a short week cause its gonna have HUGE playoff seeding ramifications! Basically anmust win in my eyes cause i can see both the jags and titans getting in the playoffs and losing the head to head matchup with jags and titans will do us no favors!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Its a shame this game is on a short week cause its gonna have HUGE playoff seeding ramifications! Basically anmust win in my eyes cause i can see both the jags and titans getting in the playoffs and losing the head to head matchup with jags and titans will do us no favors!

With the schedules both have, it is likely they can continue. If there is any positive to come from the short week, it's that their opponent has to travel on the week

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Five things to watch for in Steelers-Titans on 'TNF'

By Edward Lewis NFL.com
    Published: Nov. 14, 2017

For the first time since Week 6, when the Carolina Panthers and Philadelphia Eagles put on a fun show, Thursday Night Football features two teams with winning records. The Pittsburgh Steelers (7-2) square off with the Tennessee Titans (6-3) at 8:25 p.m. ET at Heinz Field.

What are we watching for when two of the AFC's top teams clash? Here are five things:

1. Are the Titans really that good? They have six wins and only three losses, but when you dive into their schedule, there's not much impressive about their resume, especially recently. There's a 10-point loss to the 4-5 Raiders, a 43-point blowout to the 3-6 Houston Texans and a six-point loss to the 4-5 Miami Dolphins on their docket. There are a lot of wins, but one is over the winless Cleveland Browns (in overtime), another is over the 3-7 Indianapolis Colts, another the 4-5 Baltimore Ravens and another over the 3-6 Cincinnati Bengals. There are two impressive victories over the Seattle Seahawks and the Jacksonville Jaguars, but both those came in Weeks 2 and 3, before the calendar even began its flip to fall. The Titans don't get a lot of respect when it comes to the big-picture analysis (they rank just 11th in this week's NFL Power Rankings) almost exclusively because of that schedule. On Thursday night, though, they have a chance to prove they are as good as their record indicates by knocking off a talented Steelers team that currently sits atop the conference standings.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...stitans-on-tnf

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

In a shortened week, two things generally sway the balance:

-home field advantage
    -talent level

The Steelers have both of those advantages, and thus, the Steelers “should” win.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

-home field advantage
    -talent level

The Steelers have both of those advantages, and thus, the Steelers “should” win.
    I'm not liking Sensabaugh's match-up. That's what concerns me about this game. They are very familiar with him and his weaknesses and I expect them to try and exploit that. Other than that I think we have favorable match-ups with them in all other areas.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

-home field advantage
    -talent level

Yes....and THIS is what scares me because we have trouble with the "SHOULD" win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Yes....and THIS is what scares me because we have trouble with the "SHOULD" win games.
    This is why Mark Kaloby is an a$$hole. (He’s not, but his tweaking of stats has changed perceptions of reality.)

Let me put it this way...
    In the Steelers’ last 16 regular-season games, one could say that’s all 16 were “should win” games (look at the stiffs that played QB for those teams). The mindset of “Da Stillers lose to bad teams!!!” doesn’t fit, because the Steelers are 14-2 in those games.

I'm not liking Sensabaugh's match-up. That's what concerns me about this game. They are very familiar with him and his weaknesses and I expect them to try and exploit that. Other than that I think we have favorable match-ups with them in all other areas.
    This is so true IMO. I really didn't like what I saw from Sensabaugh in the preseason and relief on the weekend. Wonder if any thought of putting Hilton out wide and moving Gay to the inside as starters. I personally think the with Haden out, Hilton, Burns, Gay are the best 3 CB's right now.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    This is so true IMO. I really didn't like what I saw from Sensabaugh in the preseason and relief on the weekend. Wonder if any thought of putting Hilton out wide and moving Gay to the inside as starters. I personally think the with Haden out, Hilton, Burns, Gay are the best 3 CB's right now.
    I agree, and Gay did not have a very good outing last week. Color me concerned.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

-home field advantage
    -talent level

Things that bother me about the Titans: They have a very good run game with Murray and Henry. Mariota, quietly becoming one of the better dual threat QBs. And their Oline has been playing very well.

What I like about this game: Their defense is suspect, especially in the secondary. AB, JuJu, and even Bryant should all have big games. Our run game can move the ball on anyone. And it IS a home game.

Even on a short week, I like us in this one. No travel is big, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I like the way you think....

For weeks the observation has been that at some point the offense is going to have to win games by being productive rather than just mess around and score in the low 20s while the defense shuts down the opposing team

IMO that time arrives tomorrow night

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

When was the last time Gay had a good outing ? Hopefully he'll be okay, he just doesn't impress me much, but we are at a point that we'll have to make do. UGH

The Titans will only have one day to prepare. They get one day off, they practice one day, they travel, and then it's game time. So, any special matchups that they'd like to exploit (and/or any game plans that they want to create) would be reduced...

...except for the fact that they already know Sensabaugh. Ergo, they won't need a full week to uncover his weaknesses.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers expect 'everything' from LeBeau's defense

By Jeremy Bergman NFL.com
    Published: Nov. 15, 2017

Thursday night's tilt between the Tennessee Titans and the Pittsburgh Steelers might just be a mid-week clash of two AFC division leaders, but there's also a sneaky revenge game factor. For the first game since leaving Pittsburgh, current Titans defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau will face his former team.

Steelers vets, who had been there during the decade-plus LeBeau era, are dutifully preparing for a reunion with their former DC.

"It's not just a defense," Roethlisberger told reporters Tuesday, per The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "It's a Dick LeBeau defense." Asked what he expects to see from LeBeau's Tennessee unit on Thurday, Roethlisberger added, "Everything."

His star wide receiver Antonio Brown went as far to say, "I'm not eager to go against LeBeau."

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ebeaus-defense