Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Haden broke his fibula

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Joe Haden broke his fibula

He's out indefinitely. This sucks!!!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Re: Joe Haden broke his fibula

huge blow

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Can't afford that

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

That sucks.

It looks like one of the young CB's are going to be activated. Let's see if Allen or Sutton can play.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Secondary just took a massive blow. Let's hope hes back for the postseason.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That sucks.

It looks like one of the young CB's are going to be activated. Let's see if Allen or Sutton can play.
    I would hope to see that as well. Easily activate Allen - just swap him and Haden on the game-day roster.

But Sutton gets tricky. If Haden can potentially come back for the playoffs - he can't go on IR.

So now you still have the "where on the roster does Sutton go?" question.

If I was the GM, I would go light at either one of the LB spots (Stevie Johnson?) or roll the dice and let Big Dan McCullers go and hope that the position flexibility of the rest of the DL group can get me through the season.

We should find out what the Steelers will do as soon as Haden gets an official time-line. Expect a move tomorrow, maybe?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I would hope to see that as well. Easily activate Allen - just swap him and Haden on the game-day roster.

But Sutton gets tricky. If Haden can potentially come back for the playoffs - he can't go on IR.

If I was the GM, I would go light at either one of the LB spots (Stevie Johnson?) or roll the dice and let Big Dan McCullers go and hope that the position flexibility of the rest of the DL group can get me through the season.

We should find out what the Steelers will do as soon as Haden gets an official time-line. Expect a move tomorrow, maybe?
    I'd cut McCullers. He serves no purpose.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Haden can be placed on IR and still return once he is healthy.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

With the new IR rules, they may be able to place him on IR and bring him back if he is ready this season. If they do that they don't have to make room on the roster for him until they bring him back.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Correct. IR doesn't apply in post season.

Sorry about that. I read Mojouw's post and replied without seeing you answered before I did.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    With the new IR rules, they may be able to place him on IR and bring him back if he is ready this season. If they do that they don't have to make room on the roster for him until they bring him back.
    Ok. Did the do away with the whole "you can only do that once thing"? Because I thought Sutton was the Steelers chance to do the IR and return thing?

Oops! Here is a pretty decent summary of it -- https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/7/2...r-designations

So take Sutton off IR and put Haden on IR and he can come back in 8 weeks. So either for the Week 17 game or for the 1st playoff game?

Am I reading this right?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

2 players can return from IR, they changed the rule in the offseason.

Tbh, they need to let any player come off IR when they are healthy.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

2 players can return from IR, they changed the rule in the offseason.

Tbh, they need to let any player come off IR when they are healthy.
    Ok. But what about the whole 8 weeks thing? Does that stop applying if there are 8 weeks or less? That's the part that is confusing me.

Ok. But what about the whole 8 weeks thing? Does that stop applying if there are 8 weeks or less? That's the part that is confusing me.
    I'm not sure, I'll guess assume it won't matter. Hopefully we'll find out more soon.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This blows big time...hope it’s just a 6-8 week thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Here is an Injured Reserve Tracker I found. It lists everyone that has been on IR or who is still on IR, how much their cap hit is, the cash value, and those players "Designated to Return".

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/injured-reserve/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This guy is an actual surgeon, who writes for the local paper about sports-related injuries.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...story,amp.html

He was dead-on accurate about the Tuitt injury (Week 1).

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I know a lot of times if we see a high fibula fracture where I work, the docs usually don't even put them in anything. I also know there are different rules for pro athletes. At the lower end, it's called a broken ankle. At the high end of the same bone, just really sore. Sort of like ribs in that as long as there's no danger of the break causing more damage, it's let pain be your guide. Hopefully he's not down long at all.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    This guy is an actual surgeon, who writes for the local paper about sports-related injuries.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...story,amp.html

He was dead-on accurate about the Tuitt injury (Week 1).
    He does a weekly spot on NFL Radio and it’s really good and insightful. He brings some good “truth” to a lot of the rumors surrounding injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I heard charlie batch mention revis is still out there...take a shot???

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Good news!

I just read that. Definitely good news.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Good news!
    definitely good news

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If true, excellent news. Let's hope he stays healthy if he is back after 3 weeks

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Life in the NFL - just a "slight" broken leg

Tis but a flesh wound

Sounds like another job for the 12th Man - Tramadol