Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroes and Goats

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: Heroes and Goats

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Goat: Haley

Haley wanted Ben to run the reverse like he called.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Thank you for that clip - that sequence with Ben just giving up was peak Haley

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    im surprised we didnt get a flag for a group celebration after shaziers interception...thought it was allowed only on TDs??
    I thought for SURE we were going to get tagged for 15 (as well as extending the Colts' drive) when Tuitt hit Brissett.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'm still waiting for Tomlin to run over to Haley and give him a forearm shiver the next time he calls a reverse that loses 10 yards on first down.

Haley has these meltdowns, but some of the shit he comes up with is mind-boggling.

I have no idea what happened when they took the delay of game penalty, but Haley wanted Ben to just run the f'ing play. Based on much of the play calling, I'd have reservations going with one of his plays too.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I'm still waiting for Tomlin to run over to Haley and give him a forearm shiver the next time he calls a reverse that loses 10 yards on first down.
    Not to mention all the 5-wide empty sets with goal-to-go inside the five...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Heroes: Juju, he's been the best receiver the last 2 weeks (more productive than even AB), Tuitt and Heyward took over the game, Shazier with the interception.

Goats: The three stooges: Haley, Butler, Danny Smith. Whatever the hell that was in the first half, field goal unit up until the very end. The refs once again were horrible

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Haley is too inconsistent. Tomlin needs to put Haley in the box upstairs and turn his mic off.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Is he saying 'shut the f**k up man/Ben'???
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    “Shut the f*ck up, Ben!!! Shut the fuck up!!!”

Then... (not in the gif): “Call the f*cking play!!!”

Let's do this in reverse order:

Goats:

First half Ben R
    . What a horrible performance. And then, when he did put the ball where it could be caught by one of our receivers, they couldn't even do it, and that included AB.

First half WRs. I have never seen AB misjudge a ball like he did on that deep throw. Bryant didn't even come back to fight for the ball on the first-drive INT. There were other miscommunications and Ben is too much the veteran for them to all be his fault. No way.

Joe Haden
    's fibula.

Special teams - with special mention of Boswell. Bounces a kick off the uprights from that close a distance? Thankfully he put it behind him.

Heroes

Second half Ben. The second half of today's game was the first time all year I saw flashes of the old Ben. When he scrambled to his left and hit the receiver, it felt like a breath of fresh air. It's almost as though something finally clicked into place.

Second half WRs. Ju-Ju took the game on his shoulders down the stretch. What a great pick up in the draft. Bryant did do a lot, but when he got the ball, he looked as though he had a fire in him, getting as many yards as possible. And then, Brown's lone catch in what felt like the entire second half—he always shows up when he is needed.

Defense. For two years, this team was winning games because the offense was bailing out the defense. Now, it's reversed. This season is starting to remind me a little of 2008.

HM

We had our normal performers, especially on defense. But I think a call-out to Dupree is warranted today because he seemed to take a step forward.

Artie Burns on the Run. Did anyone see Burns close the distance and decleat the RB today? I gotta give him props.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Heroes: The Colts for making this game less boring than advertised.
    JuJu
    A Martavis Bryant sighting

Goats: Kicking

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

Heroes

Second half Ben. The second half of today's game was the first time all year I saw flashes of the old Ben. When he scrambled to his left and hit the receiver, it felt like a breath of fresh air. It's almost as though something finally clicked into place.

This loooks like the play with the big completion to AB on the last drive. Being able to do this is what will get Ben to Canton

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Haley wanted Ben to run the reverse like he called.
    No, he wanted the end around that has been fooling teams all season.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

This loooks like the play with the big completion to AB on the last drive. Being able to do this is what will get Ben to Canton
    Now that is the real Ben

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Looks like he scraped Danny Smiths bubblegum from under the bench and revived it.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Let's do this in reverse order:

Goats:

First half Ben R
    . What a horrible performance. And then, when he did put the ball where it could be caught by one of our receivers, they couldn't even do it, and that included AB.

First half WRs. I have never seen AB misjudge a ball like he did on that deep throw. Bryant didn't even come back to fight for the ball on the first-drive INT. There were other miscommunications and Ben is too much the veteran for them to all be his fault. No way.

Joe Haden
    's fibula.

Special teams - with special mention of Boswell. Bounces a kick off the uprights from that close a distance? Thankfully he put it behind him.

Heroes

Second half WRs. Ju-Ju took the game on his shoulders down the stretch. What a great pick up in the draft. Bryant did do a lot, but when he got the ball, he looked as though he had a fire in him, getting as many yards as possible. And then, Brown's lone catch in what felt like the entire second half—he always shows up when he is needed.

Defense. For two years, this team was winning games because the offense was bailing out the defense. Now, it's reversed. This season is starting to remind me a little of 2008.

HM

We had our normal performers, especially on defense. But I think a call-out to Dupree is warranted today because he seemed to take a step forward.

Artie Burns on the Run. Did anyone see Burns close the distance and decleat the RB today? I gotta give him props.

Cut & paste

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

That is the perfect response. WINNER!!!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

HERO - JuJu
    GOAT - Coaching staff ( especially Asshole Haley). You come off a BYE week and play a somewhat bad team, a team you should DOMINATE...and this is what you come up with ???? Bunch of assholes.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    GOAT - Coaching staff ( especially Asshole Haley). You come off a BYE week and play a somewhat bad team, a team you should DOMINATE...and this is what you come up with ????

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Was he yelling at Ben??? LOL

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Classic!!! Thats Bens response to haley...lmao!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Hero: The Outlaw Jesse James. His hustle play won the game. If he doesn't hustle, that's 2 points and a 10 point lead for the Colts. We don't get the 2 point conversion because we kick it for 1 and Boswell's winning FG is actually for the tie and to send it to OT.
    Goat: Artie Burns. When he gets beat, he gets beat bad. I've never seen so many walk-ins. Usually the CB is within arms reach or so. This guy gets beat by 10 yards when he misses. He bit hard on the fake and couldn't recover. Also, not much hustle to catch back up.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    Hero: The Outlaw Jesse James. His hustle play won the game. If he doesn't hustle, that's 2 points and a 10 point lead for the Colts. We don't get the 2 point conversion because we kick it for 1 and Boswell's winning FG is actually for the tie and to send it to OT.
    If he hadn't let the guy past him first to get the blocked kick then he wouldn't have had to chase him down. He also wasn't going to catch him without help from Berry. Berry caused the Colts player to cut back before James caught him.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Jesse James getting a game ball is equivalent to when Luke (Modern Family) got the medal for putting out the fire... which he started.

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    “Shut the f*ck up, Ben!!! Shut the fuck up!!!”

Then... (not in the gif): “Call the f*cking play!!!”
    We thought he was talking to Tomlin... "STFU Mike"... How's that for a controversy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Jesse James getting a game ball is equivalent to when Luke (Modern Family) got the medal for putting out the fire... which he started.
    Lol. Nice reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Goat Boswell
    Hero Boswell

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I dislike this asshole as much as I dislike Carol on The Walking Dead. That's some major disikeage.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

. Did anyone see Burns close the distance and decleat the RB today? I gotta give him props.
    Was that the most consequential play that Burns was involved in this Sunday? I seemed to recall him doing an Antowan Blake impression to give up 6 points.