Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It is time for Steelers fans to give Mike Tomlin some credit

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: It is time for Steelers fans to give Mike Tomlin some credit

The blown coverage on defense need to stop ..... it's awful....6 TD over 50 yards in the last 3 games....

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    From Tomlin's comments last night, the team is thinking about the Pats also.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    From Tomlin's comments last night, the team is thinking about the Pats also.
    Many did not agree with me and that was ridiculous, but it's obvious that the pats are in the steelers' heads and Tomlin's comments yesterday confirm that but it could be a good thing for the steelers.

We will see.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Many did not agree with me and that was ridiculous, but it's obvious that the pats are in the steelers' heads and Tomlin's comments yesterday confirm that but it could be a good thing for the steelers.

We will see.
    My worry is if they can't beat them in December at home, what does that do to the team?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    My worry is if they can't beat them in December at home, what does that do to the team?
    The Broncos lost to the Steelers (about his same week) in the regular season in 1997... and then beat the Steelers, on the road, in the playoffs.

The Taperiots lost to the Steelers (about his half way) in the regular season in 2004... and then beat the Steelers, on the road, in the playoffs.

SUMMATION:
    The regular season in nice, but I'd rather win in playoffs.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Broncos lost to the Steelers (about his same week) in the regular season in 1997... and then beat the Steelers, on the road, in the playoffs.

The Taperiots lost to the Steelers (about his half way) in the regular season in 2004... and then beat the Steelers, on the road, in the playoffs.

SUMMATION:
    The regular season in nice, but I'd rather win in playoffs.
    Steelers lost to the Colts (blown out) in the regular season in 2005..and then beat the Colts, on the road, in the playoffs.

Giants lost twice to the Cowgirls in the regular season in 2007 and then beat the Gurls, on the road, in the playoffs.

The Rams lost to the Cowgirls (blown out) in the regular season in 1979 and then beat the Gurls, on the road, in the playoffs.

The Steelers lost twice to the Oilers in the regular season in 1989 and then beat the Oilers, on the road, in the playoffs.

The Jets were blown out by the Cheats** (45-3) in the regular season in 2010 and then beat the Cheats**, on the road, in the playoffs.

I'm sure there are many more but I ran out of ideas.

Sure all those examples are solid, but this team seems to obsess with the Pats(reason why it's not exactly the same as mentioned above). A loss could easily break them. They know they have to get past them, they talked about it during the off season, plus the media hasn't helped.

I'm seeing a Chiefs team falling apart after getting completely outclassed by the Steelers, a team they can't get passed even at their best(play on the field and home field advantage) guess you can see why I have my worries.

I want the Pats as much as possible, I'm a believer of going at the best and knocking them down(as a Clemson fan, I wanted Bama in the NC for a rematch, so glad it happened). I just hope this team is ready.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

So if Belichek isn't looking ahead to the Steelers and talking about it to his players (as per Rodney Harrison's comments)....but Tomlin openly discussed looking ahead to the Patriots on national TV...who has the correct approach?

I guess if you have an unhealthy obsession with the Patriots and think they are always doing the right thing, then not looking ahead is the right thing to do?? But you are already looking ahead, so you just fell for the trap.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So if Belichek isn't looking ahead to the Steelers and talking about it to his players (as per Rodney Harrison's comments)....but Tomlin openly discussed looking ahead to the Patriots on national TV...who has the correct approach?

I guess if you have an unhealthy obsession with the Patriots and think they are always doing the right thing, then not looking ahead is the right thing to do?? But you are already looking ahead, so you just fell for the trap.
    The right thing for Tomlin to do is the opposite of whatever he has been doing because that ain't working!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Zero wrong with what Tomlin said. The discussion was going in that direction...anyone criticizing him for what he has said here is nitpicking. Non-story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler