Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martellus Bennet cut by GB

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Martellus Bennet cut by GB

I don't know much about him, but there is speculation that he is on the Steeler's radar, among 2 other teams. Just seeing what ppl here think? I have read that he has been inconsistent and wants to retire at the end of the season.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Martellus Bennet cut by GB

Ladarius Bennett.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Didn't we just cut Ladarius Green?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

He's injured and hasn't played or practiced for a few weeks. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of his ability to contribute this season.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

No, it is Martellus Bennett . . .

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    No, it is Martellus Bennett . . .
    LOL....comparing him to Ladarius.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    LOL....comparing him to Ladarius.
    I know right. At least Martellus has done something in the league.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

failure to disclose an injury. im gonna pass
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Never liked the Bennett brothers.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I know right. At least Martellus has done something in the league.
    Naw, I was making the joke comparison to another TE having an injury and a high salary.

I think the Steelers pass and I was about to say the Cheats** would probably pick him up anyways and I see they already did.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Naw, I was making the joke comparison to another TE having an injury and a high salary.

I think the Steelers pass and I was about to say the Cheats** would probably pick him up anyways and I see they already did.
    shit...right over my head.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    There you go.... no surprise.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The guy quits on his team when Rodgers gets hurt and then goes back to the Cheats where he belongs.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    The guy quits on his team when Rodgers gets hurt and then goes back to the Cheats where he belongs.
    This is shady

Blount should sue Bennett for copyright infringement or ask for a royalty on how to engineer your release to sign with the team you want

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

There should be a rule where the previous team cannot claim somebody from waivers. It looks bad especially since it has been twice by the same team in a matter of a few years.
    All Defense!

Hmm, definitely fishy. Bennett seems like the type of person that would be up to something like this

- - - Updated - - -

And I imagine Sucker Punch will be back on New England in about a month when he throws a hissy fit over Ajayi poaching "his" carries

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    There should be a rule where the previous team cannot claim somebody from waivers. It looks bad especially since it has been twice by the same team in a matter of a few years.
    I like this idea. If Bill Belichick ever had a Fantasy football team, he would be thrown out after two weeks for collusion.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Hmm, definitely fishy. Bennett seems like the type of person that would be up to something like this

- - - Updated - - -

And I imagine Sucker Punch will be back on New England in about a month when he throws a hissy fit over Ajayi poaching "his" carries
    Yep Blount will be pissed Ajayi is getting the majority of the carries. Plus the Hoyer sh!t was shaddy but most of us knew it was a given.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

This explanation by Bennett as to how he ended up back with the Pats is laughable

"The Packers examined my shoulder on my visit March 10 and cleared it," he wrote. "They even gave me an xray as well. It got worse during the season, specifically against the Cowboys so I asked to have it checked out and we checked it. After a few days of contemplating to play with it or get surgery, I chose surgery. Now here we are ..."

Bennett, however, passed his physical with the Patriots on Friday and was on the practice field. ...

The first public hint of a shoulder injury came after Bennett returned from the bye week.

Mike McCarthy sounds pissed about these Patriots games

"I'm not going to get into the Patriots claiming Marty, I'll just reiterate what I said yesterday: I just know what the facts are and how the timeline came about," McCarthy said. "I talked to him Tuesday [following the bye week] after practice and he [had] a shoulder concern injury. I advised him to get the second opinions. He did that and he went to a number of them. The last medical conversation I was involved with in regards to Marty, they were talking about scheduling surgery. After that, then you have the termination and then the claim. I really don't have any comments on that. I've answered the question for the last time, respectfully."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...s-released-him

And those bandwagon chowderheads wonder why everyone outside of the new England states despise them

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    This explanation by Bennett as to how he ended up back with the Pats is laughable

"The Packers examined my shoulder on my visit March 10 and cleared it," he wrote. "They even gave me an xray as well. It got worse during the season, specifically against the Cowboys so I asked to have it checked out and we checked it. After a few days of contemplating to play with it or get surgery, I chose surgery. Now here we are ..."

Bennett, however, passed his physical with the Patriots on Friday and was on the practice field. ...

The first public hint of a shoulder injury came after Bennett returned from the bye week.

Mike McCarthy sounds pissed about these Patriots games

"I'm not going to get into the Patriots claiming Marty, I'll just reiterate what I said yesterday: I just know what the facts are and how the timeline came about," McCarthy said. "I talked to him Tuesday [following the bye week] after practice and he [had] a shoulder concern injury. I advised him to get the second opinions. He did that and he went to a number of them. The last medical conversation I was involved with in regards to Marty, they were talking about scheduling surgery. After that, then you have the termination and then the claim. I really don't have any comments on that. I've answered the question for the last time, respectfully."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...s-released-him
    Umm wait a second here. In this very story MB is quoted as saying that three different doctors told him he needed surgery, but now he passes a physical for the Pats? And not only that, he also said in his statement that the team put money before him and didn't care about his shoulder, but he signs with a team that is allowing him to practice when he needs surgery? Was this some ruse to get out of GB and on the Pats roster? Something doesn't seem right with this whole thing.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Umm wait a second here. In this very story MB is quoted as saying that three different doctors told him he needed surgery, but now he passes a physical for the Pats? And not only that, he also said in his statement that the team put money before him and didn't care about his shoulder, but he signs with a team that is allowing him to practice when he needs surgery? Was this some ruse to get out of GB and on the Pats roster? Something doesn't seem right with this whole thing.
    A lot of things don't seem right. And like an idiot he posted everything for everyone to see. It seriously looks like a page from the Bad Blount Book.....(like the alliteration?)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We know what happened. McCarthy knows what happened. Bennett and the Patriots know what happened. It happened and nothing to do about it. Cheaters gonna cheat.

If it smells like shit...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

This is why I would never think of cutting Martavis in season, no matter how disruptive he proves to be. Because while Bryant has no previous history with the Patriots who knows what his agent would be capable of doing through back channels.

And yeah I think Bennett and the Cheats colluded on the end result here.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Bennett makes no sense in his version of the story. If he he adds the fact that he only considered surgery once it was clear that the Packers season was over because Hundley and McCarthy have no answers on offense and in contrast the Pats could win a SB - well then it begins to make sense how his shoulder is suddenly feeling better.

Not sure it is collusion, so much that Bennett is on his last rodeo and wasn’t gonna play hurt for a losing team. Said losing team wasn’t going to let a player dictate terms to them. And here we are.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If the NFL isn’t going to investigate this, it’s a major problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Bennett makes no sense in his version of the story. If he he adds the fact that he only considered surgery once it was clear that the Packers season was over because Hundley and McCarthy have no answers on offense and in contrast the Pats could win a SB - well then it begins to make sense how his shoulder is suddenly feeling better.

Not sure it is collusion, so much that Bennett is on his last rodeo and wasn’t gonna play hurt for a losing team. Said losing team wasn’t going to let a player dictate terms to them. And here we are.

There you go. Bennett is a journeymen, journeymen move around. And why wouldn't we take him? He knows the offense, we need another receiver, etc. If it doesn't work we send him packing.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    There you go. Bennett is a journeymen, journeymen move around. And why wouldn't we take him? He knows the offense, we need another receiver, etc. If it doesn't work we send him packing.
    I think where we believe the collusion takes place is that normally a player wouldn't go about the process of virtually forcing his current team to release him. That is unless they know safe harbor awaits them elsewhere. And in this and the Blount case lo and behold it was with the Patriots supplying said safe harbor. It is our belief that there was some communication, be it the player or the agent, wherein the player knew the Patriots were waiting in the wings if and when they managed to obtain their release.

Can it be proven? Perhaps? If the league were to seek the cell phones of the involved parties it might clear things up. I think it's worth pursuing. To me this would be more serious than "deflategate". Btw I thought "deflategate" was overblown and at most Brady should have been fined 25k and the team forced to forfeit a low round draft choice.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."