Thread: For Whom To Root (Week 10)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

For Whom To Root (Week 10)

For those of us who watch other games, and want a rooting interest... these are the wins/losses which would most benefit the Steelers.

JETS @ BUCS
    Go Bucs... but, really, the Jets have peaked (and are not a threat to take a playoff spot from us).

SAINTS @ BILLS
    While I really should root for the NFC, I’d like to see the Bills win the AFC East. So, a half-hearted: Go Bills.

BENGALS @ TITANS:
    Again, while I really should root for the Bengals (because, the Titans are a legitimate playoff contender)... I just cannot stand those thugs in Cincy. So... Go Titans???

CHARGERS @ JAGUARS
    We should be 100% for the Bolts. The Jags hold the tie-breakers over us... and their schedule could see them go 6-2 (or better). Go San Di- ...uh.. Los Angeles Chargers!!!

TEXANS @ RAMS
    Without Watson, the Texans “should” spiral. But, just in case: Go Rams.

TAPERIOTS @ BRONCOS
    Duh. Go Broncos!!!

DOLPHINS @ PANTHERS
    Go Panthers... but, really, the Dolphins have peaked (and are not a threat to take a playoff spot from us).

Enjoy!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: For Whom To Root (Week 10)

SAINTS @ BILLS
    While I really should root for the NFC, I’d like to see the Bills win the AFC East. So, a half-hearted: Go Bills.
    This might be the best matchup this week.

Before the season, people would have yawned at this game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It would not shock me one bit if the Jaguars were representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. Their defense is ridiculous right now...better pass defense numbers than the 2000 Ravens and 1985 Bears. They have a few weapons on offense and Bortles is playing well enough to win. Definitely the team I don’t want the Steelers to have to face in the playoffs...also think the Jags have the best chance to go to NE and steal a W.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The only things I want is that the Pats, Jags and the titans lose.I do not care for the rest, since they are not a threat to us.

Also, I do not want to face the pats in the divisional round, so it's better for us that they win their division and of course, they will win their division as always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It would not shock me one bit if the Jaguars were representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. Their defense is ridiculous right now...better pass defense numbers than the 2000 Ravens and 1985 Bears. They have a few weapons on offense and Bortles is playing well enough to win. Definitely the team I don’t want the Steelers to have to face in the playoffs...also think the Jags have the best chance to go to NE and steal a W.
    They are more dangerous than Kansas City right now...Their defense is loaded, their running game is great and Bortles plays well in the last month.

Also, the steelers have the number of Kansas City recently,home or on the road.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Hard to say whether Jags or Chiefs are a less favorable matchup

Pats usually have a cake walk in their first playoff game after the bye until they reach the AFC championship game - may not be the case this season

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Asshole!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Asshole!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

People actually expect Bortles to not choke like he's trying to swallow a hot dog whole in his first playoff game? Big difference between playing the Colts and Bengals and playing against a playoff team and playoff defense. Also can't trust a bottom 10 rush defense to make the Super Bowl. Run the ball against them and make Bortles beat you and boom, victory

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    People actually expect Bortles to not choke like he's trying to swallow a hot dog whole in his first playoff game? Big difference between playing the Colts and Bengals and playing against a playoff team and playoff defense. Also can't trust a bottom 10 rush defense to make the Super Bowl. Run the ball against them and make Bortles beat you and boom, victory
    Their run defense has been much better in the last few weeks for the jaguars and although I do not expect the jags to win the super bowl, they can be a dangerous team.

Do not judge a team only on the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Their run defense has been much better in the last few weeks for the jaguars and although I do not expect the jags to win the super bowl, they can be a dangerous team.

Do not judge a team only on the QB.
    I agree. Lets not forget we won a SB while our QB had the worst game of his career at that point. QB rating of 23. something.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I agree. Lets not forget we won a SB while our QB had the worst game of his career at that point. QB rating of 23. something.
    It was just one game, since without Ben, the steelers would not have been in the super bowl but 2 seasons ago, the broncos won the super bowl when Manning was done and in 2007, Eli Manning was considered as a bust before the playoffs!

Mark Sanchez has already also beaten Brady and Peyton Manning in the playoffs in the same year(2010) and I consider Bortles better than Sanchez.

And they got to that Super Bowl because that same QB played lights out in the playoffs and even made a ridiculous season-saving tackle. I'm pretty sure it's accepted that shitty QB play was why this theam waited 26 years for ring no. 5

It was just one game, since without Ben, the steelers would not have been in the super bowl but 2 seasons ago, the broncos won the super bowl when Manning was done and in 2007, Eli Manning was considered as a bust before the playoffs!

Mark Sanchez has already also beaten Brady and Peyton Manning in the playoffs in the same year(2010) and I consider Bortles better than Sanchez.
    And they got to that Super Bowl because that same QB played lights out in the playoffs and even made a ridiculous season-saving tackle. I'm pretty sure it's accepted that shitty QB play was why this theam waited 26 years for ring no. 5
    That wasn't the point I was making. I am fully aware of how well Ben played that post season. The point is. DON'T JUDGE A TEAM ON ITS QB ALONE, HELL THE RAVENS DID IT WITH DILFER AND GOOD DEFENSE. Caps for emphasis since my original point somehow got lost in OMG BEN IS DA BEST EVA.

That wasn't the point I was making. I am fully aware of how well Ben played that post season. The point is. DON'T JUDGE A TEAM ON ITS QB ALONE, HELL THE RAVENS DID IT WITH DILFER AND GOOD DEFENSE. Caps for emphasis since my original point somehow got lost in OMG BEN IS DA BEST EVA.
    A team needs a suffocating defense to win a Super Bowl with a mediocre QB especially in today's day and age, sometimes if the QB play is bad enough even a suffocating defense isn't enough

Keep in mind that against teams with winning records Bortles averages a QB rating of 65 and his TD:INT ratio is 2:4, and that's without the pressure of the playoffs. Again anyone really expect Bortles to not collapse under the pressure of an NFL postseason?

Keep in mind that against teams with winning records Bortles averages a QB rating of 65 and his TD:INT ratio is 2:4, and that's without the pressure of the playoffs. Again anyone really expect Bortles to not collapse under the pressure of an NFL postseason?
    I know that the NFL is dynamic and changes from week to week. Teams and QBs get hot, all it takes is three or four hot games. All I am saying is I wouldn't just count on Bortles folding like a cheap suit. To be completely honest I want no parts of that team in the playoffs. We have historically had troubles with them in and out of the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Steelers play them this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If what I’m reading is correct... because, you know: rematches always have repeated results:

The Jaguars lost to the Titans and the Jets.

The Taperiots lost to the Chiefs and an NFC team.

The Steelers lost to the Jaguars and an NFC team.

So...

The Jaguars should be fearful of only the Titans & Jets. Good for them that only one of those teams will possibly be in the playoffs.

The Taperiots should only be fearful of the Chiefs.

The Steelers should only be fearful of the Jaguars.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If what I’m reading is correct... because, you know: rematches always have repeated results:

The Jaguars lost to the Titans and the Jets.

The Taperiots lost to the Chiefs and an NFC team.

The Steelers lost to the Jaguars and an NFC team.

So...

The Jaguars should be fearful of only the Titans & Jets. Good for them that only one of those teams will possibly be in the playoffs.

The Taperiots should only be fearful of the Chiefs.

The Steelers should only be fearful of the Jaguars.

I do not think jaguars should be afraid of the titans and that the pats should be afraid of the chiefs.

The reason why I'm afraid of jaguars is that their defense is loaded and they have a great running game where the steelers may have a weakness in defense is their run defense....I think the steelers would win against them, but that would be a challenge.

The Steelers have the number of the chiefs, 4-1 against the chiefs under Andy Reid and our only loss was with Landry Jones.The Chiefs can't stop Le'Veon Bell too.

I do not think jaguars should be afraid of the titans and that the pats should be afraid of the chiefs.

The reason why I'm afraid of jaguars is that their defense is loaded and they have a great running game where the steelers may have a weakness in defense is their run defense....I think the steelers would win against them, but that would be a challenge.

The Steelers have the number of the chiefs, 4-1 against the chiefs under Andy Reid and our only loss was with Landry Jones.The Chiefs can't stop Le'Veon Bell too.
    I was being tongue-in-cheek.

But, yes, the Jaguars should be acknowledged as a dangerous team. But, it should also be noted that it took 5 INTs to beat us. (Note: that garbage-time TD skewed the final score.)

Ultimately, to quote that famous guy: “On any given Sunday...”

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I definitely always root for who ever play's the bungholes and the cheater's. I hate those 2 teams.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I definitely always root for who ever play's the bungholes and the cheater's. I hate those 2 teams.
    Who do you root for if they play each other?

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Who do you root for if they play each other?
    I don't watch and let the chips fall.