Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jones is Going To Try and Take Down the NFL

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Jerry Jones is Going To Try and Take Down the NFL

https://deadspin.com/report-jerry-jo...ove-1820265765

This sad old bastard is trying to burn it all down to get his way.

Odd that he wanted Goodell to come down like the hammer of god on the Pats and Brady, but not on his team?

Hypocritical POS.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Jerry Jones is Going To Try and Take Down the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Odd that he wanted Goodell to come down like the hammer of god on the Pats and Brady, but not on his team?

Hypocritical POS.
    LOL - Jerry Jones hires Harvey Weinstein's lawyer to sue the league and other owners

Jones told the six owners on the league’s compensation committee last week that he had hired David Boies, the high-profile lawyer under fire in the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment case, according to the people, who declined to be speak publicly about internal league matters....

Jones said in a conference call last Thursday with the six owners — those of the Chiefs, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, Steelers and Texans — that legal papers were drawn up and would be served this Friday if the committee did not scrap its current plans to extend Goodell’s contract.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/08/s...e=sectionfront

Interesting that the owners' committee is a split between next generation of old guard ownership (Giants, Steelers, Chiefs) and new money owners (Pats, Texans, Falcons) who one might think would be allies of Jones

Boies is a brilliant litigator who skates on the ethical edge

Weinstein Work Pulls Lawyer Back Into an Ethical Debate

David Boies may be best known for taking on nationally prominent political cases before the Supreme Court, including Bush v. Gore and the fight to legalize gay marriage.

But it’s his role as a hard-nosed litigator representing corporations and executives that has earned him lavish payouts but created potential ethical issues — so much so, it has forced his firm to step away from several cases.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/b...vid-boies.html

Video of Jones discussing legal strategy

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Hypocritical POS.
    Even more reasons to hate the Cowgirls. God what a shit show Jerry's become.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

How awesome it will be when the Cowboys flame out in the first round of the playoffs again!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Skeletor is angry!!!

This should calm him down.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Skeletor is angry!!!

This should calm him down.

Eww, he still has the same expression he always has.. That's creepy as hell.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Even more reasons to hate the Cowgirls. God what a shit show Jerry's become.
    Become? He's always been shit show. His only "success" was when Jimmy Johnson selected and coached his shity franchise. God how I hate Cowboys and their fans, they're obnoxious!

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Become? He's always been shit show. His only "success" was when Jimmy Johnson selected and coached his shity franchise. God how I hate Cowboys and their fans, they're obnoxious!
    You know what's funny is my son's God Father is a Cowboys fan and my best friend. We can actually have good football conversations though, and I respect him much more than any other Cowboy fan, he stuck with them and still claimed them when they got shitty after Jimmy Johnson left. For the record he hates Jerrry Jones too.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yeah, Jimmy Johnson ran that show, then good ole Jerry boy muscled Jimmy out because he was jealous that he wasn't getting more credit for the team's success

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Fuck Jerry Jones

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

I'm not American, nor I have ever visited States, but it's pretty easy and obvious that almost all cowboys fans are delusional to say at least. You Americans are proud nation and you have every right to be as proud as anyone, but in the end of the day your pricks are same like the ones we are having here. And not to forget, fuck Jerry Jones.

I'm not American, nor I have ever visited States, but it's pretty easy and obvious that almost all cowboys fans are delusional to say at least. You Americans are proud nation and you have every right to be as proud as anyone, but in the end of the day your pricks are same like the ones we are having here. And not to forget, fuck Jerry Jones.
    True, some just stand taller while others seem to have been fucking around corners. Lmao!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I have to agree with Jones and any method to get rid of Goodell is good for the NFL. He also wanted to start new NFLPA contract negotiations now instead of waiting until it is about to expire. I could care less if the players strike or not. It would be the end of the NFL if they did.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I have to agree with Jones and any method to get rid of Goodell is good for the NFL. He also wanted to start new NFLPA contract negotiations now instead of waiting until it is about to expire. I could care less if the players strike or not. It would be the end of the NFL if they did.
    Any method? Be careful what you wish for.

This linked ESPN article provides some more background on the palace intrigue

Sources said, though, that Jones has lost potential support because he has his own candidate to replace Goodell. Sources said they did not know the identity of the candidate.

"Then Jerry will be completely in control of the league," one source said. "It's turning off some owners."

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...-roger-goodell

The Goodell-Jones fight is like a Pats-Ravens playoff game where I root for the meteor

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This is like a custody case where the absentee/neglectful father all of a sudden wants to take custody from the drugged-up mother.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I like how they put it on the radio this morning. "So now we have to choose sides between Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell? It's like Clinton/Trump all over again".

God how I hate Cowboys
    Apparently a number of NFL owners agree

There has been growing sentiment that Jones has become too powerful over the past few years, and that his forcefulness in pushing through franchise relocations to Los Angeles and Las Vegas served as a breaking point. Five members of the compensation committee (Hunt, Kraft, Mara, McNair and Rooney) also served on the league’s six-man Los Angeles committee.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/08/je...odell-contract

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    This is like a custody case where the absentee/neglectful father all of a sudden wants to take custody from the drugged-up mother.
    LOL ! I love your comparison.....right on ! I'd love to see Goodell hit the road though. Time for a change. I hate Dallas too, no idea how they got the "America's " team title....I sure in the hell didn't vote. Ought to be an interesting battle of the almighty dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    LOL ! I love your comparison.....right on ! I'd love to see Goodell hit the road though. Time for a change. I hate Dallas too, no idea how they got the "America's " team title....I sure in the hell didn't vote. Ought to be an interesting battle of the almighty dollar.
    The NFL tried to moniker the Steelers as "America's Team" in the 70's but they politely declined. Dallas gladly accepted.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

He's trying to get rid of Goodell and people are up in arms about it.

Apparently I have stumbled into the Bizarro Steelers Message Board. I don't get it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

Apparently I have stumbled into the Bizarro Steelers Message Board. I don't get it.
    I think it's because we see through Jerry's BS and know he just going to put in one of his patsies in there as Commish and then he'll have complete control.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I think it's because we see through Jerry's BS and know he just going to put in one of his patsies in there as Commish and then he'll have complete control.
    I mean ... it's already about as bad as it gets.

Much as I dislike the "idea" of Jerry Jones, there is so much bullshit clogging up the way the NFL is run, I think THAT is going to crash the ship all by itself unless there's a drastic change from the status quo, and soon. At least Jones is willing to try to cut through it. Even if it is all out of self-interest, I honestly think that the current state of affairs is such a toxic shit pit that he might accidentally make it better just by doing ANYTHING. It certainly can't get much worse.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Much as I dislike the "idea" of Jerry Jones, there is so much bullshit clogging up the way the NFL is run, I think THAT is going to crash the ship all by itself unless there's a drastic change from the status quo, and soon. At least Jones is willing to try to cut through it. Even if it is all out of self-interest, I honestly think that the current state of affairs is such a toxic shit pit that he might accidentally make it better just by doing ANYTHING. It certainly can't get much worse.
    You mean how the Cleveland Browns draft?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

While I am not against getting rid of Goodell, I am really against replacing him with a sock puppet totally controlled by Jerry Jones. At least now, Jones has to pretend to listen to the Commish and others occasionally.

Jerry Jones as the sole person of power in the league, make no mistake about it -- that is what he wants, will be the downfall of the NFL.

Look what "Commish" Jones would have done:
    1. Locked the players out and done everything he could to break the back of the players union in the last CBA
    2. No problem banishing players and stripping draft picks from his rivals, but does not want the same punishment applied to his team.
    3. One of the worst advocates for player safety. I'm sure Jones' only question about concussions would be how big of a bonus he would have to give Prescott to play through one.

Like this?

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we didn't have a salary cap. - Jerry Jones

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Moose LOL ! I love your comparison.....right on ! I'd love to see Goodell hit the road though. Time for a change. I hate Dallas too, no idea how they got the "America's " team title....I sure in the hell didn't vote. Ought to be an interesting battle of the almighty dollar.
    The NFL tried to moniker the Steelers as "America's Team" in the 70's but they politely declined. Dallas gladly accepted.
    The year was '79 if I am not mistaken and just after the Steelers beat the cowboys for a 2nd time in the Super Bowl. It wasn't the NFL but rather NFL Films that came up with the moniker. When they came to us Chief said "We are not America's team we are Pittsburgh's team". So they went to Tex Schram and he was thrilled by it.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Two giant assholes going to battle, I hope there is a scenario where both lose. Maybe Gotohell beats Jerruh boy then loses down the line

It's kind of like that episode of Trailer Park Boys when Sam "The Caveman" Losco challenged Jim Lahey to try and become Trailer Park Supervisor

Or kind of like Terrell Suggs going up against the Burfdefect and you hope Suggs knocks Burfdefect out

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Sources said, though, that Jones has lost potential support because he has his own candidate to replace Goodell. Sources said they did not know the identity of the candidate.

"Then Jerry will be completely in control of the league," one source said. "It's turning off some owners."
    Yeah, like he and Kraft don't basically call all the shots already anyway, especially with the "old guard" owners like Dan Rooney out of the picture...

Hear, hear! Long past time for a change. I do hope this is the catalyst for that change to finally be made, but by the same token, I don't want a handpicked stooge of Jones' either.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I like how they put it on the radio this morning. "So now we have to choose sides between Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell? It's like Clinton/Trump all over again".
    post of the day
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

In this case, is it Goodell that is bad or the CBA that gave him all this power?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler