Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers @ Colts

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers @ Colts

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Conveniently he only entered the protocol after the game....during the game he was fine?

This whole thing is such total BS.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Conveniently he only entered the protocol after the game....during the game he was fine?

That’s worse than the Russell Wilson debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Players know it is bullshit - this from Thomas Davis of the Panthers after Devonta Freeman was concussed and taken out of Cowboys-Falcons

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Yet Goodell somehow sees himself fit for a raise to $50 million per as well as free health insurance and access to a private jet for life.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Brisket wasn't right after that hit in the back of the head which will draw a fine.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Goodell has reached Obama level of ineptitude with his mismanagement

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Ugly ass win, sure I'll take it, it is a WIN ! Another game of PLAYING DOWN TO OPPONENT ! Yea, you can post all the damn records, chart's, ratio's, or whatever crap you want, but I base things on what I see !!! Some game's we win ( such as today), some games we lose ( too many to mention). But, I'm tired of the predictions that the Black/Gold will win by 2/3 TD's, then barely escape with win or get blown away by lowly opponent. We should kick ass on the teams that we are supposed to. Lack of preparations, pathetic play calling...whatever, but it's getting damn old and if not changed this team won't beat a 'good' team come play-off time.
    16-3 in the last 19 and 9-2 on the road. A win is a win, there are always things to be worked on. The tackling today was terrible in the first half and the first series of the second half. If we make those tackles thats several first downs and a couple big plays that don't happen. Those things have a direct impact on the final score. We are closer to greatness than suckiness that's undeniable.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We don't give up that big play TD, we make our extra point, we hit on field goals, this game IS a blowout win.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    We don't give up that big play TD, we make our extra point, we hit on field goals, this game IS a blowout win.
    Lol...wut??
    Why not just say if Ben hits Bryant for a deep TD and if AB doesn’t drop his deep ball and if Ben wasn’t sacked in that one play and if Bell wasn’t tripped up...I mean right there is 18 points...minimum.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol...wut??
    Why not just say if Ben hits Bryant for a deep TD and if AB doesn’t drop his deep ball and if Ben wasn’t sacked in that one play and if Bell wasn’t tripped up...I mean right there is 18 points...minimum.
    See. Game was not as close as the score would indicate.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

See. Game was not as close as the score would indicate.
    I disagree...Our offense was atrocious, especially in the first half .... 52 offensive yards in the first 28 minutes !!!!!

It's horrible

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Goodell has reached Obama level of ineptitude with his mismanagement
    I guess it all depends on your political point of view on which President is the best point of comparison when it comes to Goodell and incompetence

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

What ? All I hear is IF, IF, IF, IF, IF !! I look it as, IF the coaches had this team prepared to kick ass, IF the damn defense made tackles, IF Haley would get his shit together with needed calls, IF Ben would start getting his throws/timing together, IF Receivers would hold on to the damn ball, IF the team would develop a killer instinct and play like a Steeler SB contender and BLOW away the teams for 60 minutes that they are supposed to, then I would feel better. You can't honestly tell me you feel comfortable about betting on a win against the Brown's. I sure in the hell don't. This team play's down to opponents. I'm glad for win....but pissed they had to squeak it out.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Steelers don’t play well: win.

BB plays like crap for a half: win.

AB only has 3 receptions: win.

Being 7-2 while playing sloppy is actually a good feeling, because once it all comes together, the Steelers will be tough to beat.

Well, that kinda tells me that the coaches didn't have the team prepared....LOL. Point proved...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Steelers don’t play well: win.

BB plays like crap for a half: win.

AB only has 3 receptions: win.

Being 7-2 while playing sloppy is actually a good feeling, because once it all comes together, the Steelers will be tough to beat.
    Maybe it is altogether and they are what they are...a 20 point offense. I mean we are 9 weeks in...how much longer are they going to take to “get it together”?

What ? All I hear is IF, IF, IF, IF, IF !! I look it as, IF the coaches had this team prepared to kick ass, IF the damn defense made tackles, IF Haley would get his shit together with needed calls, IF Ben would start getting his throws/timing together, IF Receivers would hold on to the damn ball, IF the team would develop a killer instinct and play like a Steeler SB contender and BLOW away the teams for 60 minutes that they are supposed to, then I would feel better. You can't honestly tell me you feel comfortable about betting on a win against the Brown's. I sure in the hell don't. This team play's down to opponents. I'm glad for win....but pissed they had to squeak it out.
    IF? "I'm glad we got the win....but pissed we had to squeak it out". So, IF we had won by a TD? IF we had won by 9? How many points before you would be happy? I'm sure the coaches will be preparing this week to try and not piss off any fans. We went 1-0 today. The score does not reflect how badly outmatched the Colts were. We only played with half-assed effort and we won, on the road. We missed on a tying FG, had an PAT blocked and nearly gave up the safety on that, and on the 1 big play the Colts did have offensively, it was because our guy messed up. They did not harass us at all. It was the players that played down, it was the coaches that got in their collective asses and won this game. IF?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

WTG Steelers! Sure it was an ugly game, but they pulled out the win. There is no "ugly win" column.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Maybe it is altogether and they are what they are...a 20 point offense. I mean we are 9 weeks in...how much longer are they going to take to “get it together”?
    That is a valid point.

Except... I have seen flashes from BB (looking like an “elite” QB). BB playing with even slightly better is the difference between the first half of the Colts game (3 points) and the second half (17 points). That alone should move this offense’s needle up.

I don’t even need to to go into “what if” with Bryant. But, it is true: “if” he turns it around, it could be the difference of 3 ppg. That is not wishful thinking either; just two seasons ago, he was the difference of 7 ppg.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    That is a valid point.

Except... I have seen flashes from BB (looking like an “elite” QB). BB playing with even slightly better is the difference between the first half of the Colts game (3 points) and the second half (17 points). That alone should move this offense’s needle up.

I don’t even need to to go into “what if” with Bryant. But, it is true: “if” he turns it around, it could be the difference of 3 ppg. That is not wishful thinking either; just two seasons ago, he was the difference of 7 ppg.
    9 weeks in and this team is so talented but still not living up to the potential. Heck two years ago this offense look unstoppable with less talent. It has to be something with Ben this year why it's not getting there.

IF? "I'm glad we got the win....but pissed we had to squeak it out". So, IF we had won by a TD? IF we had won by 9? How many points before you would be happy? I'm sure the coaches will be preparing this week to try and not piss off any fans. We went 1-0 today. The score does not reflect how badly outmatched the Colts were. We only played with half-assed effort and we won, on the road. We missed on a tying FG, had an PAT blocked and nearly gave up the safety on that, and on the 1 big play the Colts did have offensively, it was because our guy messed up. They did not harass us at all. It was the players that played down, it was the coaches that got in their collective asses and won this game. IF?
    Thanks, for proving my point. Although in a different way, you said exactly how they played DOWN and unprepared. To answer how many points would make me happy, there isn't a 'set' amount of points per say, but when we play teams we are supposed to beat handily I expect just that. Coming off a BYE there is NO excuse for player's to have a 'no game feeling' as was said by a player. That falls on the coaches and readiness for play. I hate the Patriots....but they usually take care of business every Sunday ..... especially on lesser teams...on road or in their house.

Thanks, for proving my point. Although in a different way, you said exactly how they played DOWN and unprepared. To answer how many points would make me happy, there isn't a 'set' amount of points per say, but when we play teams we are supposed to beat handily I expect just that. Coming off a BYE there is NO excuse for player's to have a 'no game feeling' as was said by a player. That falls on the coaches and readiness for play. I hate the Patriots....but they usually take care of business every Sunday ..... especially on lesser teams...on road or in their house.
    To return from a bye in the regular season is not the same advantage as it was before 2011(before the new CBA) since when you have a bye in the regular season the players are in vacations for a few days.

It's like that for each team.

To return from a bye in the regular season is not the same advantage as it was before 2011(before the new CBA) since when you have a bye in the regular season the players are in vacations for a few days.

I understand what you're saying, but the season is still going on. It's up to the players and coaches (team) to maintain their mindset and body. Sure, do some resting of the injuries and 'sore' spots and prepare to return back to work full force. All the more reason to be able to come back to game putting a hurt on the opponent that isn't rested. BYE weeks doesn't mean you can't watch films and still prepare.

I understand what you're saying, but the season is still going on. It's up to the players and coaches (team) to maintain their mindset and body. Sure, do some resting of the injuries and 'sore' spots and prepare to return back to work full force. All the more reason to be able to come back to game putting a hurt on the opponent that isn't rested. BYE weeks doesn't mean you can't watch films and still prepare.
    The players can't when you are in vacations!

Patriots were coming off a bye last night in Denver and did not play in a daze in the first half

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Patriots were coming off a bye last night in Denver and did not play in a daze in the first half
    Of course, but we must not think that a bye in the regular season is a big advantage as it was before 2011.

Andy Reid was undefeated after a bye in regular season before 2011 and since Reid has like 2 or 3 defeats after a bye.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Excellent point ! Thanks. And don't forget they WERE playing in Denver too. BYE just means 'no' game, you can still get your shit together and work on any issues or weakness. Vacation is after the season, which for some teams are earlier than other teams.