Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Heated Battle For Steelers Annual ROTY Award With Half A Season Remaining

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Steelers Heated Battle For Steelers Annual ROTY Award With Half A Season Remaining

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't think the poor play of the offense reflects on JuJu's case - more like the offense was sucking shit, they started giving him more looks, and there was a noticeable improvement. He wasn't really part of the original problem, but he sure looks like part of the solution. Not that the defense being the better unit overall diminishes Watt's accomplishments, but it does make it a little harder for him to stand out.

As far as their overall body of work, Watt was basically a Day 1 starter while JuJu had to fight for playing time, so of course Watt had a head start. Obviously if the season ended today, Watt would have been the more productive, but if JuJU continues at the same pace, to say nothing of continuing to improve, I think his season projects higher.

A great problem to have, in any case. Beats the dogshit out of arguing over Limas Sweed vs. Ryan Mundy.
    Watt may have been "given" the starting spot on Day 1, but like Shazier, he's earned it completely. Halfway through the season he has distinguished himself as arguably the best all-around edge rusher among all rookies. Juju can say the same at his position which is also fantastic.

I remember Ben had a 127 QB Rating when targeting Juju. That was before the Lions game, which is just incredible...That man needs to be fed. A great problem to have indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers Heated Battle For Steelers Annual ROTY Award With Half A Season Remaining

This is a GREAT problem to have......two major contributing rookies, only half way into the season.....

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As Denny Green stated, when asked how he’d get Randy Moss enough targets, when the Vikings already had Jake Reed and Chris Carter: “It’s a good problem to have.”

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Watt may have been "given" the starting spot on Day 1, but like Shazier, he's earned it completely. Halfway through the season he has distinguished himself as arguably the best all-around edge rusher among all rookies. Juju can say the same at his position which is also fantastic.

I remember Ben had a 127 QB Rating when targeting Juju. That was before the Lions game, which is just incredible...That man needs to be fed. A great problem to have indeed
    This is now 144 QB rating!!!!(by nfl network)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This is now 144 QB rating!!!!(by nfl network)
    Pffft... it’s not 153.3.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Juju might have passed JJ Watt as team ROTY today.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Juju might have passed JJ Watt as team ROTY today.
    JuJu has leap-frogged Watt.

I hope that Watt responds with a sack and an INT.

To which, JuJu repsponds with 150 yards & a TD.

And so on...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

And so on...
    Watt was choked held most of the day. I guess the Harrison's mantle going to Watt also includes a pair of blindman shades for the officials.

And so on...
    I'm about ninety percent in agreement here. I wouldn't say leapfrogged, but yeah, he's pulling ahead.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Watt was choked held most of the day. I guess the Harrison's mantle going to Watt also includes a pair of blindman shades for the officials.
    Some of those non calls on TJ being held was a down right horrible. That said JUJU still gets my vote and specially preforming the way he has for a 2nd rd pick and not a 1.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Ju Ju has put himself in the lead.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yep... JuJu is pulling away... perhaps for the league OROY.

- - - Updated - - -

Or perhaps put a choke hold on him!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yep... JuJu is pulling away... perhaps for the league OROY.

- - - Updated - - -

Or perhaps put a choke hold on him!
    Hmmm... interesting. With Watson going down (which sucks), it opens the door for JuJu.

Nice!!!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Any thought that T.J. is playing too many snaps? I think I read he played all but 3 defensive snaps this last game. I don't see how getting James back in the mix would hurt him? Give James 15-20 defensive snaps a game and I'll wager anything the quality of T.J.'s play improves. By the way I don't buy that Harrison was really too injured to play last week. The day he was listed as out last week he put up a workout video later in the day of him doing one armed lifts. Don't see how you do those with a bad back? Also the fact he made it a point to post that within hours of being listed as out with an injury tells you he was telling you what was what

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Wouldn't Kareem Hunt have to be the leader so far? He has completely changed that offense.

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Any thought that T.J. is playing too many snaps? I think I read he played all but 3 defensive snaps this last game. I don't see how getting James back in the mix would hurt him? Give James 15-20 defensive snaps a game and I'll wager anything the quality of T.J.'s play improves. By the way I don't buy that Harrison was really too injured to play last week. The day he was listed as out last week he put up a workout video later in the day of him doing one armed lifts. Don't see how you do those with a bad back? Also the fact he made it a point to post that within hours of being listed as out with an injury tells you he was telling you what was what
    IMO, Tomlin is going to unleash Hell (in human form) on December 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Wouldn't Kareem Hunt have to be the leader so far? He has completely changed that offense.
    So far, yes.

But, if/when JuJu ends the (regular) season with 1000 yards and 10 TDs, he’ll garner a lot of votes.

And, you know what, something has to be said for JuJu’s social media presence. The bike ting distracted us from the protests. Heck, it trumped Kershaw’s Workd Series performance on Twitter. People who know nothing about the NFL know who JuJu is. He’s becoming a “marquee” guy.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So far, yes.

But, if/when JuJu ends the (regular) season with 1000 yards and 10 TDs, he’ll garner a lot of votes.

And, you know what, something has to be said for JuJu’s social media presence. The bike ting distracted us from the protests. Heck, it trumped Kershaw’s Workd Series performance on Twitter. People who know nothing about the NFL know who JuJu is. He’s becoming a “marquee” guy.
    Hunt exploded at the start of the season but he's slowed down since the Steelers stopped him for 21 yards. He hasn't had a 100 yard game since the Chiefs played the Texans.

Juju's gaining momentum as the season goes on.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

You guys got me convinced that Jujubee has a chance!

60/1000/10 might get it done!

Actually come to think of it Ju Ju kinds of reminds me of the last Steelers offensive ROY, Louis Lipps. If he only he returned punts like Louie!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Actually come to think of it Ju Ju kinds of reminds me of the last Steelers offensive ROY, Louis Lipps. If he only he returned punts like Louie!
    Oh man that would be something!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Yeah I forgot!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He won’t get it for the league...there’s too many players above him. Hunt, Fournette, Kamara will all be ahead of JuJu...but He’s surpasses Watt as Steelers ROY at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Any doubt it's Ju Ju?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If I had to pick one, it’d be JuJu. I wouldn’t argue if it was a coMVP situation though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

JuJu...

Watt would need a monster game next week to change my mind. I think Watt will be dominant next year, by the way.