Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Jaguars can be dangerous, but titans? No,They are very average

The bills were good in the first half of the season because of the turnovers the bills defense had, which you can not just rely on that.
    You don't have to respect the Titans but you must admit they have a shot. They are currently tied with the Jags, with a win over the Jags. If the Jags have a shot, then so do the Titans. It's not just about the stats. AND I'm only talking about as it stands today.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You don't have to respect the Titans but you must admit they have a shot. They are currently tied with the Jags, with a win over the Jags. If the Jags have a shot, then so do the Titans. It's not just about the stats. AND I'm only talking about as it stands today.
    For the playoffs...yes...for the super bowl?...It would be a stunner

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

For the playoffs...yes...for the super bowl?...It would be a stunner
    I'm not talking %chance here.

I guess by my own criteria I would have to include 6 teams for the NFC as well. Which goes against my original post. I have the Eagles, Saints, and Rams as legitimate contenders. However, the Vikes have quietly played themselves to a 6-2 start as well. The Panthers sit with 6 wins also, and the BitchPidgeons could end up with 6 wins today.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers, Chiefs, and Pats lead the conference, true. You have to include the Jags/Titans as well though. The Jags have one of the stingiest defenses, and the 4th best offense in the AFC. The Titans don't have the stats of the Jags but have the same record plus the tie breaker currently. Then there's the Bills, one game back of the Pats with 2 meetings to play. IMO, the Bills are a team trending up.(I know they lost to a mediocre Jets team, division foe they are 1-1 with) Even if I take away the Bills as LEGITIMATE, I still have 5 AFC teams. Remember, those 5-3 teams are only 1 game behind the 6-2 teams. Not much separates them, so that is why I say legitimate. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen and there is usually a surprise or 2.
    Jags have no shot with Bortles, Titans are underachieving, with the easy schedule and all the talent they have they should be better than 5-3 while scraping by most of their games, and with the Bills inability to win on the road (1-3), they aren't winning 3 road playoff games, especially with Tyrod Taylor

I think the point that is being missed is, making the playoffs is equal to a legitimate shot at making it to the SB.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Nobody could touch those two teams all season - I do not know yet how much of the 2017 Pats will be perception rather than reality by playoff time, but I would not be shocked if the Steelers lost at home to any other AFC team in the playoffs - the 1994 Cowboys or 49ers losing in the playoffs to anyone other than each other was not going to happen
    True.

Admittedly, it is not a perfect analogy, but it was the first one that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Jags have no shot with Bortles, Titans are underachieving, with the easy schedule and all the talent they have they should be better than 5-3 while scraping by most of their games, and with the Bills inability to win on the road (1-3), they aren't winning 3 road playoff games, especially with Tyrod Taylor
    The Titans have a points difference of -12 and they have been a little lucky to win against colts and browns lately!

We must take the jags seriously, but it would be a huge shocker if they are in the super bowl!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Eagles are legit.

Ajayi added the “power” at RB that Smallwood simply couldn’t bring.

(Yes, they have Sucker Punch, but I’d never “count” on him for anything.)

The Eagles are playing the best right now. Of course since it's the Eagles we're talking, they'll probably find a way to choke like they've always done since 1960

The last two times the Eagles started the season 8-1 (1980 and 2004) they have been to the Super Bowl!

Also, in the AFC, I think the Steelers, Pats, Chiefs, Jaguars, Titans and Ravens are going to make the playoffs.

The Ravens have a very easy schedule the rest of the season.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The last two times the Eagles started the season 8-1 (1980 and 2004) they have been to the Super Bowl!

Also, in the AFC, I think the Steelers, Pats, Chiefs, Jaguars, Titans and Ravens are going to make the playoffs.

The Ravens have a very easy schedule the rest of the season.
    No way the Ravens make the playoffs. Flacco is actually the worst starting QB in the league this year. He's averaging 5 YPA -- 33rd in the league!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    No way the Ravens make the playoffs. Flacco is actually the worst starting QB in the league this year. He's averaging 5 YPA -- 33rd in the league!
    Yes,but look at their schedule!

Buffalo has officially been exposed, I seriously doubt they make the playoffs. Tennessee and Jacksonville both have pretty easy schedules and should keep winning. The 6th seed in the AFC could end up being 8-8 or worse

Steelers win the North
    Patriots win the East
    Chiefs win the West
    Titans/Jags win the South
    Titans/Jags get wildcard spot
    Who gets the 2nd wildcard spot?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers win the North
    Patriots win the East
    Chiefs win the West
    Titans/Jags win the South
    Titans/Jags get wildcard spot
    Who gets the 2nd wildcard spot?
    The Raiders if they improve could get that spot. They get the Pats at home this Sunday though.

I'd like to see Buffalo get in but don't feel confident they will.

The Chargers are maybe the best team in this race, but they are 3-6, but they still have a chance, especially if they win against Buffalo this week ....
    I was thinking the same thing.

But... the Chargers will pull a “Chargers” (as they did when they played the Taperiots).

Speaking of which, Tre Boston intercepts Blake Bortles and then Boston taunts the Jacksonville receivers (as opposed to returning the ball 15 yards). The Bolts start their drive at the 10 (instead of the 25)... and when they punt, the Jaguars get the ball at mid-field. That difference in 15 yards might not have mattered, but Joey Bosa slams Bortles down (stupid) after a play is over (incomplete pass)... giving the Jaguars new life. What would have been a Jaguars loss turned into a win, because the Chargers gave them 30 yards (setting up the game-tying FG).

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

But... the Chargers will pull a “Chargers” (as they did when they played the Taperiots).

Speaking of which, Tre Boston intercepts Blake Bortles and then Boston taunts the Jacksonville receivers (as opposed to returning the ball 15 yards). The Bolts start their drive at the 10 (instead of the 25)... and when they punt, the Jaguars get the ball at mid-field. That difference in 15 yards might not have mattered, but Joey Bosa slams Bortles down (stupid) after a play is over (incomplete pass)... giving the Jaguars new life. What would have been a Jaguars loss turned into a win, because the Chargers gave them 30 yards (setting up the game-tying FG).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This season, Joe Flacco has more completions for negative yards (12) than completions of at least 20 yards (10).

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The Raiders if they improve could get that spot. They get the Pats at home this Sunday though.
    Actually Mexico City - as with the London games, NFL presumably provided some financial incentive for Raiders to give up a home date

Unlike London, teams actually want Mexico trips for potential marketing opportunities as Mexico's Team

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Unlike London, teams actually want Mexico trips for potential marketing opportunities as Mexico's Team
    Tijuana has already claimed the Browns.

Finally, somebody claims the Browns. They've been wandering around lost for nearing 2 decades.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

New Browns fight song

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    This season, Joe Flacco has more completions for negative yards (12) than completions of at least 20 yards (10).
    Good God what a stat. That is next level horrible.

The 2010 season, the Seahawks made the playoffs with a 7-9 record and beat the Saints in the wildcard round. A couple seasons later they won the SB. Could there be a team, on the rise, that pulls a 'back door entry' into the playoffs this season as the 2nd AFC wildcard team? Maybe a Jets team that everyone has written off?

The 2010 season, the Seahawks made the playoffs with a 7-9 record and beat the Saints in the wildcard round. A couple seasons later they won the SB. Could there be a team, on the rise, that pulls a 'back door entry' into the playoffs this season as the 2nd AFC wildcard team? Maybe a Jets team that everyone has written off?
    The 2014 Panthers finished the season 7-8-1 and go to the Super Bowl the year after with a 15-1 record!

For me, for the second wild card, my choice is the ravens because of their schedule but I would not be surprised if this is the chargers.The jets have not had a easy schedule in their final 6 games and this team is not good enough

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I hope the Bengals crash & burn. I recently signed up over at the BengalBoard.com and they banned me in a week. I wasn't rude, I made constructive suggestions and only knocked Marvin Lewis after he was already beat down in one thread. They are jealous of us over there and are out of hope.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I hope the Bengals crash & burn. I recently signed up over at the BengalBoard.com and they banned me in a week. I wasn't rude, I made constructive suggestions and only knocked Marvin Lewis after he was already beat down in one thread. They are jealous of us over there and are out of hope.
    Those mouthbreathing cave dwellers have exactly the team they deserve