Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If you do not see the big difference between the NFC and the AFC, you are blind!!!....I mean, 5 teams have at least 7 wins after 10 games in the NFC, maybe 6 if the seahawks win against the falcons tomorrow.

Only 3 in the AFC and the 6th seed could be one of the worst playoffs team of all-time.
    This is all true.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I repeat....

...The Jags have given up the least amount of points in the league, top 10 in scoring, tied for second in net points, and a very real shot at going 13-3 and stealing the #1 or #2 seed. Their style of play is reminiscent of the Buccs and Ravens SB teams.
    I repeat.... They still haven't done anything in a very, VERY weak AFC this year. Let's see them win something, then we'll talk about how good Jacksonville is.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It will be a race between the Chargers and the Ravens for the 6th seed.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I repeat.... They still haven't done anything in a very, VERY weak AFC this year. Let's see them win something, then we'll talk about how good Jacksonville is.
    Well aside from beating almost every team put in front of them. You can only play the games on your schedule. This isn't college football where we can all argue about non-conference opponents.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It will be a race between the Chargers and the Ravens for the 6th seed.
    Both teams with very good defenses and very poor offenses.

My apologies, Edman. Unless someone quotes your posts, I don't see them since I ignore that crap now.

The Ravens will probably have the tiebreaker on the chargers and they have a very favorable schedule for the rest of the year, so big advantage for them ....

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The Jags have given up the least amount of points in the league, top 10 in scoring, tied for second in net points, and a very real shot at going 13-3 and stealing the #1 or #2 seed. Their style of play is reminiscent of the Buccs and Ravens SB teams.
    The Bucs and Ravens teams were dominant for multiple years not just their Super Bowl seasons, same as the 80s Bears defense for that matter. Heck, the Bucs had been a defensive juggernaut for about half a decade before they had their moment in the sun. The Jags could win a Super Bowl in say a few years if their defense continues to play at a high level, if they get better play from the QB position, and if they don't end up a 1 year wonder. At best they are a couple years away

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The Bucs and Ravens teams were dominant for multiple years not just their Super Bowl seasons, same as the 80s Bears defense for that matter. Heck, the Bucs had been a defensive juggernaut for about half a decade before they had their moment in the sun. The Jags could win a Super Bowl in say a few years if their defense continues to play at a high level, if they get better play from the QB position, and if they don't end up a 1 year wonder. At best they are a couple years away
    I do know this. I said reminiscent of, not exactly like. I guess the "only time will tell" cliche is the best way to end this unfortunate debate.

One last little nugget for thought before I drop it completely.

Jags put up 29 vs the Texans(week 1), 44vs the Ravens, 30 vs the Steelers, 23 vs the Bengals, and 20 vs the Chargers. That's 4 of the top 5 AFC defenses in pts allowed, and the Texans before the injury bug robbed them of a defense.

Even the Bungals has a chance for the 6 seed!!!!!