Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Unless a disaster happens,the Pats, Steelers and Chiefs should win their division and be in the first 3 position in the AFC.The question is who will have a playoff bye ...

But afterwards, it's wide open.

Who will win the AFC south?...The Texans are probably dead after Watson's injury yesterday and the fact that their defense is a disaster, so between the Jaguars and the Titans who will win AFC south?

And who will be the two wildcard in the AFC?

Here the standings right now

http://www.nfl.com/standings?categor...&split=Overall

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

I think those 6 leading the AFC right now will be the 6 leading at the end as well. Like it says, barring a disaster. So long as the Steelers are at the #1 or #2 seed for this playoff, I don't care how the rest shakes out. That's just my 'old school' approach to every season though. Just make the playoffs, hopefully get 1 at home, anything can happen. The Titans, Jags, Bills, Pats, and Chiefs, are ALL going to be tough outs, especially in the playoffs. This Steelers team has the talent, the opportunity, and the history to be great in the tough, important games. Go Steelers!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The AFC is incredibly weak once again. The Stelers, Pats, and Chiefs are the only teams that have a chance at a Super Bowl (and the Chiefs will probably choke like they always do especially with that bad defense). Hopefully Butler learns that zone D doesn't work against the Pats, otherwise the Pats are looking at another easy trip to the Super Bowl

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers, Patriots, and Chiefs for the top three seeds.

His Deshaun Watson out for the year, Jacksonville will likely win the South with their Defense.

Wild Cards will go the Ravens and Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I think those 6 leading the AFC right now will be the 6 leading at the end as well. Like it says, barring a disaster. So long as the Steelers are at the #1 or #2 seed for this playoff, I don't care how the rest shakes out. That's just my 'old school' approach to every season though. Just make the playoffs, hopefully get 1 at home, anything can happen. The Titans, Jags, Bills, Pats, and Chiefs, are ALL going to be tough outs, especially in the playoffs. This Steelers team has the talent, the opportunity, and the history to be great in the tough, important games. Go Steelers!
    Yes,but this is important that the steelers have at least a playoffs bye.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

The Raiders will suck all the way out. I hope Reggie and Del Rio are fired at the end of the season.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The AFC is incredibly weak once again.
    And you think the NFC is strong?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Not much better but still better.

Seahawks,rams,Eagles and Cowboys are very good.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Not much better but still better.

Seahawks,rams,Eagles and Cowboys are very good.
    For the record, the Eagles really haven’t played anyone of substance...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yes, but they are 7-1.

But we will see in the second half of the season, they will play against cowboys twice, the seahawks and the rams on the road.

Stronger than the AFC. Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Bitch Pigeons, Saints, all 5-2 or better.

Steelers, Pats, and Chiefs are the only AFC teams that haven't been mediocre so far this year
    Last edited by st33lersguy; 11-03-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Stronger than the AFC. Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Bitch Pigeons, Saints, all 5-2 or better.

Steelers, Pats, and Chiefs are the only AFC teams that aren't mediocre
    This

Teams like the Dolphins (Points Differential of -77 this year !!!!) and the Ravens could be a wild card team even if they have been mediocre for most of the year.I think the ravens are going to make the playoffs ....That would not be the case in the NFC.

In the AFC south, I think the jaguars are very talented, but they do not have a good QB.

The Buffalo Bills could make the playoffs, but they have the chiefs on the road and the pats twice in their last 8 games and if it would not be the high numbers of turnovers that their defense have, they would be very mediocre.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think they started strong last year then fell apart. Granted they are better because Wentz is better. But they aren’t world beaters.

Overall, I’m not giving the NFC any edge at all over the AFC.

I think they started strong last year then fell apart. Granted they are better because Wentz is better. But they aren’t world beaters.

Overall, I’m not giving the NFC any edge at all over the AFC.
    The Eagles were 3-0 last year before their collapse but they had lost so many close game ....

7 of the top 10 NFL teams are in the NFC this year.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Last three Superbowl winners came from AFC, and in those years it seemed that strength of NFL is in NFC. It's not important. In the of the day it's one game. Get to it and win it. Plain and simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Last three Superbowl winners came from AFC, and in those years it seemed that strength of NFL is in NFC. It's not important. In the of the day it's one game. Get to it and win it. Plain and simple!

The top in every conference (top 1-3 teams) is not very different, but the depth of each conference is different...As I said, 7 of the top 10 teams are in the NFC but I never said that it is certain that the super bowl winner would be in the NFC.

Also, the two super bowl won by the Pats could easily have been a lost for them ....

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Last three Superbowl winners came from AFC, and in those years it seemed that strength of NFL is in NFC. It's not important.

In the of the day

it's one game. Get to it and win it. Plain and simple!
    Exactly.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

7 of the top 10 NFL teams are in the NFC this year.
    Based on what, the AP poll or the coaches?

Name a 4th AFC team that's a top 10 caliber team at this point?

Name a 4th AFC team that's a top 10 caliber team at this point?
    So that really didn't answer my question. I'm not the one claiming a definitive list of top 10 NFL teams.

We are 8 weeks into the season, it's possible one of the other teams starts playing better and looks like more than a team that's just in the playoffs by default, heck it's possible New England, Kansas City, or Pittsburgh drop off in the 2nd half of the year, I'm just talking about what the AFC looks like right now

Stop trolling

Nobody will tell me that right now, the AFC is as good as the NFC...Yes, in the top, it's strong, but in the NFC, there are more good teams, which is not hard to understand I think!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

IMO...

The AFC has the strongest two teams: Steelers & Taperiots.

The NFC has 5 of the 6 in the second tier: Eagles, Rams, Vikings, Whiners, Saints (& Chiefs).

ANALOGY:
    This reminds me of 1994, when the AFC had a ton of really good teams, but the NFC had the Niners & Cowboys.

SUMMATION:
    Any of the second-tier teams “could” win the SuperBowl, but it will most likely come down to the two top-tier teams (Steelers & Taperiots).

Yes, but I would be very surprised if the super bowl be lopsided like in 1994.

Especially if it's against the seahawks.

Stop trolling

Nobody will tell me that right now, the AFC is as good as the NFC...Yes, in the top, it's strong, but in the NFC, there are more good teams, which is not hard to understand I think!
    You stop trolling dude. The NFC is no better than the AFC. You provide nothing to support your claim. Are you basing it on last year's performance - e.g., the Falcons and Cowboys? Those teams are average, not good.

You stop trolling dude. The NFC is no better than the AFC. You provide nothing to support your claim. Are you basing it on last year's performance - e.g., the Falcons and Cowboys? Those teams are average, not good.
    Maybe the falcons are average this year, but not the cowboys...They had a bad game against the Broncos, but after the cowboys have been very good.The cowboys could easily be 5-2 or 6-1.They are a very dangerous team.

For the AFC, when teams like Miami, Baltimore, Titans can make the playoffs even if they have been mediocre for all the first half of the season, that's a problem and his teams would have almost no chance of being in the playoffs in the NFC.

I mean, what teams in the NFC could make the playoffs but they were mediocre for the year.Maybe the Panthers, but I do not think they'll be in the playoffs at the end of the year.

The top 3 team is very good in the AFC, but the depth of this conference is horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the same thing last year

First seed Cowboys in the NFC played against Aaron Rodgers and the packers...First seed Patriots in the AFC played against a horrible texans team

Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    IMO...

The AFC has the strongest two teams: Steelers & Taperiots.

The NFC has 5 of the 6 in the second tier: Eagles, Rams, Vikings, Whiners, Saints (& Chiefs).

ANALOGY:
    This reminds me of 1994, when the AFC had a ton of really good teams, but the NFC had the Niners & Cowboys.

SUMMATION:
    Any of the second-tier teams “could” win the SuperBowl, but it will most likely come down to the two top-tier teams (Steelers & Taperiots).
    Right. The AFC top is much better. I'm not sold on the Eagles at all. The Falcons and the Cowboys have taken steps back. I'm not putting any money on Goff. As for the AFC, I think the Bills are better than they showed on Thursday.

I'll go 6-4 NFC at this point, but the fact that the AFC has 1 and 2 either evens it up on puts the AFC ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

The cowboys could easily be 5-2 or 6-1.
    They are 4-3. The Steelers could easily be 8-0.

Do you know what the head to head of the NFC v AFC is this year? I searched but couldn't find anything on the overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus...... we won't find out which conference is better until the Pro Bowl That's the game that matters!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Maybe the falcons are average this year, but not the cowboys...They had a bad game against the Broncos, but after the cowboys have been very good.The cowboys could easily be 5-2 or 6-1.They are a very dangerous team.

For the AFC, when teams like Miami, Baltimore, Titans can make the playoffs even if they have been mediocre for all the first half of the season, that's a problem and his teams would have almost no chance of being in the playoffs in the NFC.

I mean, what teams in the NFC could make the playoffs but they were mediocre for the year.Maybe the Panthers, but I do not think they'll be in the playoffs at the end of the year.

The top 3 team is very good in the AFC, but the depth of this conference is horrible.
    FWIW Football Outsiders DVOA rankings after week 8 show 6 NFC and 6 AFC teams in the top 12 and an even split (Steelers, Rams, Eagles, Chiefs) in the top 4

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...8-dvoa-ratings

It is hard to argue one conference is much better than the other in 2017 given the overall mediocrity (excluding truly horrible teams such as the 49ers, Browns, and Colts)

IMO Chiefs on the road tomorrow against the Cowboys with Elliott playing should be a reality check on how good the Cowboys really are - nothing close to a signature win so far with wins over Giants, Cardinals, Washington, and 49ers

Right. The AFC top is much better. I'm not sold on the Eagles at all. The Falcons and the Cowboys have taken steps back. I'm not putting any money on Goff. As for the AFC, I think the Bills are better than they showed on Thursday.

I'll go 6-4 NFC at this point, but the fact that the AFC has 1 and 2 either evens it up on puts the AFC ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

They are 4-3. The Steelers could easily be 8-0.

Do you know what the head to head of the NFC v AFC is this year? I searched but couldn't find anything on the overall.
    The steelers were horrible in their 2 losses, so no for the 8-0 ...

The record win loss record is not always tells you who is the most dangerous team

Would you like to play Dallas or Miami in the playoffs?....It's not even close!

Last year, the pats and cowboys were first in their conference, but one of their teams faced Houston and their horrible QB, the cowboys played against Aaron Rodgers and the packers, a team that was very hot.The depth of the two conferences is very different and it is the biggest example in that.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

ANALOGY:
    Nobody could touch those two teams all season - I do not know yet how much of the 2017 Pats will be perception rather than reality by playoff time, but I would not be shocked if the Steelers lost at home to any other AFC team in the playoffs - the 1994 Cowboys or 49ers losing in the playoffs to anyone other than each other was not going to happen