Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: AFC predictions for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    FWIW Football Outsiders DVOA rankings after week 8 show 6 NFC and 6 AFC teams in the top 12 and an even split (Steelers, Rams, Eagles, Chiefs) in the top 4

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...8-dvoa-ratings

It is hard to argue one conference is much better than the other in 2017 given the overall mediocrity (excluding truly horrible teams such as the 49ers, Browns, and Colts)

IMO Chiefs on the road tomorrow against the Cowboys with Elliott playing should be a reality check on how good the Cowboys really are - nothing close to a signature win so far with wins over Giants, Cardinals, Washington, and 49ers
    It's not credible....I mean, no one will tell me that the Pats have the 15th best team in the NFL......It's ridiculous.

The cowboys lost 2 close games against the rams and the packers with Rodgers and they would easily be the 4th best team if they would be in the AFC and they would be a dangerous team

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It's not credible....I mean, no one will tell me that the Pats have the 15th best team in the NFL......It's ridiculous.

The cowboys lost 2 close games against the rams and the packers with Rodgers and they would easily be the 4th best team if they would be in the AFC and they would be a dangerous team
    OK - that is not credible but your eyeball test is

Got it

You might want to read the detailed discussion of the Pats DVOA in the linked article but then again maybe not

OK - that is not credible but your eyeball test is

Got it
    Do you think the Pats had the 15th best NFL team right now?

- - - Updated - - -

And Buffalo is ahead of Seattle..

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to read the detailed discussion of the Pats DVOA in the linked article but then again maybe not
    I do not think it's an article that says who's going to be the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

Buffalo ahead of Seattle and New England?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Seems like most of your argument is on the 4-3 Cowboys who were 0-1 in the playoffs last year and are probably going to be without the star RB for the second half of the season. Sorry but I'm not buying the Cowboys just yet. And teams like the Seahawks and Panthers are just as inconsistent as the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Seems like most of your argument is on the 4-3 Cowboys who were 0-1 in the playoffs last year and are probably going to be without the star RB for the second half of the season. Sorry but I'm not buying the Cowboys just yet. And teams like the Seahawks and Panthers are just as inconsistent as the Bills.
    They lost against Aaron Rodgers in a close game ....

Seattle will be more dangerous in the playoffs than Buffalo and it's not even close.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

They lost against Aaron Rodgers in a close game ....

Seattle will be more dangerous in the playoffs than Buffalo and it's not even close.
    The Cowboys are 4-3 not 7-1.

And you keep using the term 'dangerous' which means nothing. The Cowboys were dangerous last year and went 0-1.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Not sure how the Seahawks are on the same level as the bills. They are on a 4 game winning streak, their offense has greatly improved since the start of the year and the defense other than a blip against Houston has been dominant. Plus Seahawks have a win over the rams, the best team the bills have beaten are the falcons. Seattle's defense is better and their qb is much better

The Cowboys are 4-3 not 7-1.

And you keep using the term 'dangerous' which means nothing. The Cowboys were dangerous last year and went 0-1.
    If the Cowboys had the same competition that the Pats had in the AFC in the playoffs last year, good chance the Cowboys would've been in the super bowl ....

My point is that the NFC has more depth and I prefer to play against teams like the Titans, Ravens, Bills or Dolphins in the playoffs than play against the cowboys.

And every teams think the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Not sure how the Seahawks are on the same level as the bills. They are on a 4 game winning streak, their offense has greatly improved since the start of the year and the defense other than a blip against Houston has been dominant. Plus Seahawks have a win over the rams, the best team the bills have beaten are the falcons. Seattle's defense is better and their qb is much better
    Bills had won 4 of 5 before Thursday night. I'm not trying to say the Bills are as good as the Seahawks, per say. It does look like the Seahawks are starting to gain some consistency. So let's switch it to the Panthers and the Falcons and the 4-3 dangerous Cowboys. My point is that there is lots of inconsistency in both conferences. The NFC is not head and shoulders better than the AFC.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Cowboys had the same competition that the Pats had in the AFC in the playoffs last year, good chance the Cowboys would've been in the super bowl ....

My point is that the NFC has more depth and I prefer to play against teams like the Titans, Ravens, Bills or Dolphins in the playoffs than play against the cowboys.

You're starting to sound like an apologist for the Cowboys.

You're starting to sound like an apologist for the Cowboys.
    HAHA!...I've never been a fan of the Cowboys!

I'm asking you a question

Which team would you like least played in the playoffs in the following teams?....Cowboys, Titans, Ravens, Bills or Dolphins?

Also, I think jaguars have the 4th best team in the AFC, but they need to be more consistent.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I prefer to play against teams like the Titans, Ravens, Bills or Dolphins in the playoffs than play against the cowboys.

Thanks for sharing that those who support your subjective opinion includes every NFL front office and coaching staff - I was unaware of your extensive contacts within the league that apparently rival those of Adam Schefter

HAHA!...I've never been a fan of the Cowboys!

I'm asking you a question

Which team would you like least played in the playoffs in the following teams?....Cowboys, Titans, Ravens, Bills or Dolphins?

Also, I think jaguars have the 4th best team in the AFC, but they need to be more consistent.
    To start with, of the four AFC teams you listed, only one or two will make the playoffs. As for the Cowboys, BRB I'm gonna go ask a Broncos fan how good they are.

To start with, of the four AFC teams you listed, only one or two will make the playoffs. As for the Cowboys, BRB I'm gonna go ask a Broncos fan how good they are.
    Each team can have horrible game...As the steelers had two horrible games against Jaguars and Bears.The cowboys had only one.

Yes only 2 teams will make the playoffs in the AFC in the 4 teams that I named, but very good chance that they would have no chance or almost of being in the playoffs in the NFC

You're locked on a team that is 4-3 and couldn't win one game in the playoffs last year. It's a long year and only half over. Major injuries (Rodgers) can still happen. Either way, Steelers are winning the Super Bowl and they are AFC.

You're locked on a team that is 4-3 and couldn't win one game in the playoffs last year. It's a long year and only half over. Major injuries (Rodgers) can still happen. Either way, Steelers are winning the Super Bowl and they are AFC.
    Many teams in the AFC would have lost against the packers last year, home or on the road.

Many teams in the AFC would have lost against the packers last year, home or on the road.

Falcons didn't.

I will concede that tomorrow's game of the Chiefs at the Cowboys will be a good test on which conference is better.

Falcons didn't.
    The cowboys and the pats were in the first seed in their conference...The Pats have played against the Texans and Cowboys against the Packers.

If you are not able to see the difference in the depth of each conference, you have a problem!

- - - Updated - - -

I will concede that tomorrow's game of the Chiefs at the Cowboys will be a good test on which conference is better.
    No

I do not judge a team on only one game

No

I do not judge a team on only one game
    If the Cowboys lose they will be 4-4 and 1-3 at home. That's not one game. I guess you and Skip Bayless will continue to prop them up as Super Bowl favorites.

If the Cowboys lose they will be 4-4 and 1-3 at home. That's not one game. I guess you and Skip Bayless will continue to prop them up as Super Bowl favorites.
    I never say that cowboys are a super bowl favorite, it's only they are much better than the ravens, dolphins, titans and bills.

I never say that cowboys are a super bowl favorite, it's only they are much better than the ravens, dolphins, titans and bills.
    Personally, I'd love to see another Steelers--Cowboys Super Bowl.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yes, but they are 7-1.

But we will see in the second half of the season, they will play against cowboys twice, the seahawks and the rams on the road.
    Yep. I don’t think the Cowboys or the Rams are serious threats to them though. Seattle on the other hand, I think, is set up to make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What is the NFC v. AFC record on 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What is the NFC v. AFC record on 2017?
    14 wins for the AFC,17 wins for the NFC....And 7-2 for the Pats,steelers and chiefs vs NFC...7-15 for the rest of the AFC vs NFC

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The 2017 Eagles so far appear to be the new hot NFC team that emerge from out of nowhere and looks amazing, just like the 2016 Cowboys and the 2015 Panthers.

The Eagles look fantastic, but they all run into buzzsaws eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The 2017 Eagles so far appear to be the new hot NFC team that emerge from out of nowhere and looks amazing, just like the 2016 Cowboys and the 2015 Panthers.

The Eagles look fantastic, but they all run into buzzsaws eventually...

Wentz is the real deal!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

As of week 8, 2017, there are 6 teams from the AFC that look to have a legitimate shot at playing in the SB. From the NFC, there are the Rams, the Saints, and the Eagles. Some team will win the NFC North by default, and 2 wildcard teams. My reason for a Cowboy-less playoff is no Zeke and a middling defense. As for the Seahawks, maybe they play better the second half of the season, but for now, they don't win the west. Do we think the Packers make it with Hundley? Do the Panthers make a late season run? There are plenty of maybes but no, you cannot count on them yet. This has never been about who's in front at the halfway point. Heck, the Broncos, who just got trounced today, could get the offense going and make a run still. The AFC/NFC argument is pointless and all opinion/no facts. We all have our independent thoughts on how we see the season playing out.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I'd love to see another Steelers--Cowboys Super Bowl.
    IMO, That is the dream. I still want payback for the '95SB.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    As of week 8, 2017, there are 6 teams from the AFC that look to have a legitimate shot at playing in the SB. From the NFC, there are the Rams, the Saints, and the Eagles. Some team will win the NFC North by default, and 2 wildcard teams. My reason for a Cowboy-less playoff is no Zeke and a middling defense. As for the Seahawks, maybe they play better the second half of the season, but for now, they don't win the west. Do we think the Packers make it with Hundley? Do the Panthers make a late season run? There are plenty of maybes but no, you cannot count on them yet. This has never been about who's in front at the halfway point. Heck, the Broncos, who just got trounced today, could get the offense going and make a run still. The AFC/NFC argument is pointless and all opinion/no facts. We all have our independent thoughts on how we see the season playing out.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, That is the dream. I still want payback for the '95SB.
    6 AFC teams with a legitimate shot? I only see 3

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    6 AFC teams with a legitimate shot? I only see 3
    Steelers, Chiefs, and Pats lead the conference, true. You have to include the Jags/Titans as well though. The Jags have one of the stingiest defenses, and the 4th best offense in the AFC. The Titans don't have the stats of the Jags but have the same record plus the tie breaker currently. Then there's the Bills, one game back of the Pats with 2 meetings to play. IMO, the Bills are a team trending up.(I know they lost to a mediocre Jets team, division foe they are 1-1 with) Even if I take away the Bills as LEGITIMATE, I still have 5 AFC teams. Remember, those 5-3 teams are only 1 game behind the 6-2 teams. Not much separates them, so that is why I say legitimate. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen and there is usually a surprise or 2.

The Jaguars can be dangerous, but titans? No,They are very average

The bills were good in the first half of the season because of the turnovers the bills defense had, which you can not just rely on that.