Thread: Pats trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Pats trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Pats trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers

With the hype that Garoppolo had, I thought the pats were going to have more than that for him

They have the same thing that the pats had for Matt Cassell in 2009.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

JG fits the 49ers offense very well. I can see this working out for them.

Pats basically got a late first for a guy that they would have not been able to keep. TB12 is still playing at an elite level so they're not going to push him out the door, and they wouldn't franchise tag Garoppolo.

I'll say good deal for Pats, and a great deal for the 49ers.

One less destination for Cousins to sign with in the offseason.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It amazes me how many Steelers fans still gripe about letting Hoyer "walk away." The guy sucks.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Looks like old Bill has a QB eyed up in the 18 draft.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    With the hype that Garoppolo had, I thought the pats were going to have more than that for him
    Reality check for anyone who believes the Steelers can get anything in a trade for a WR with an attitude who can walk after 2018 and is another failed drug test from being banned for good

Wonder if the Pats try to flip that pick for someone to help on their defense before the deadline tomorrow?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I wonder who they are going to get as backup. I looked at their roster(I felt cringie ) they don't have a QB on roster or practice squad. It would be awful if ass chin got hurt. For them that is.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

A 2nd round pick for an unproven hype QB? The Gods must be crazy.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    A 2nd round pick for an unproven hype QB? The Gods must be crazy.
    Didn't the Browns offer them a #1 in the off-season?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Wonder if the Pats try to flip that pick for someone to help on their defense before the deadline tomorrow?
    Questions of limited talent available and salary cap issues

One report suggests that Belichick will look to trade the pick for defensive line help, a logical target given the wildly frustrating play of the Patriots this season. The problem is that the Patriots have only about $5.4 million in cap room...

There also just aren't many useful defensive linemen available from teams looking to give away talent, especially after the Bills dealt away the Marcell Dareus contract last week.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-2017-deadline

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Didn't the Browns offer them a #1 in the off-season?
    Because Belichick can do no wrong ESPN says all those rumored offers were not made rather than conclude Belichick might have screwed up for once

Something changed over the past six months for the Patriots. We might not know what happened for a while, but if you believe any of the reports about the sorts of offers the Patriots were expecting to field for Garoppolo this offseason, they played their cards all wrong. NFL executives suggested the Patriots would get a first-round pick in a Garoppolo deal. The Pats were reportedly asking for two first-round picks, but were willing to settle for the first overall pick. The Pats reportedly turned down an overture from the Browns during the first round of the draft for Garoppolo....

After Monday's trade, Occam's razor suggests none of that to be true....

In the end, the Patriots waited until just about the last second and took the best available offer on the table....

It also might say something about Belichick, who has been making moves designed to win now....

It's difficult to imagine him doing anything else, but you have to wonder whether Belichick plans to be coaching the Patriots after Brady decides to retire.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-2017-deadline

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

And the Browns lose again lol. Wentz, Watson, Jimmy G....

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    At least they got AJ McCarron, oh wait

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    They would have ruined the careers of every one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, they plan on using their timeouts so Brady can get out his reading glasses to look at his wristband.

Heres to hoping they draft the next Ryan Mallet. Who they drafted in the 2nd round and didn't pan out

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Really if they didn't get super lucky with Brady, they've drafted shitty for many years now. They get a "guy" here and there, but they haven't drafted as well as the Steelers by any stretch.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Get rid of the communists in SF and it would be paradise. It's really beautiful where the mountains roll into the Pacific.

I cannot upload a picture because the forum will not allow jpegs. Can that be changed?
    All Defense!

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Get rid of the communists in SF and it would be paradise. It's really beautiful where the mountains roll into the Pacific.

I cannot upload a picture because the forum will not allow jpegs. Can that be changed?
    Can't you post the URL?

https://hdwallsource.com/img/2014/4/...wallpapers.jpg

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I want to upload from my computer.
    All Defense!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

You can upload to your album, then copy the link address, and then paste into your post through the "insert image". I just did this with the picture of the Koala.