Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

Let's predict the second half. In a perfect world we go 8-0 but we all know the Steelers love to shit the bed at least once if not twice during the year against teams they should beat.

Looking at our remaining schedule we really only play one elite team, the Pats (GB comes off that list without Rodgers).

My Predictions:

Nov 12 @ Colts [WIN]
    Nov 16 vs Titans [WIN]
    Nov 26 vs Packers [WIN]
    Dec 04 @ Bengals [WIN]
    Dec 10 vs Ravens [WIN]

Dec 17 vs Patriots [LOSS]
    Dec 25 @ Texans
    [LOSS]
    Dec 31 vs Browns [WIN]

I see them going the same at the first half and going 6-2 but an extra loss to one of the Titans, or Ravens, or Bengals and 5-3 second half wouldn't surprise me.

If this teams wants to win again they are going to have to face the Brady monster and win. It's that simple. Even getting the AFC Championship (assuming that get that far) at Heniz Field guarantees nothing against Brady/Belechick.

Five home games and three road games ... what do people have them doing?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

We better not lose to the Cheats! I expect them to win every game, but I feel that way every season.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I predicted before the season minimum 12 wins and I stay with my predictions especially since in the last few years, the steelers have always been at their best in the second half of the season.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Why do this again? Try to enjoy being 6-2 with the #1 seed for just a week. We're sitting on top of the AFC. All we need to do is go 1-0 each week from here on.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

To get to the Super Bowl they will most likely have to beat the Patriots twice...can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The games against the Texans and the Patriots will show what this team is really made of.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    To get to the Super Bowl they will most likely have to beat the Patriots twice...can they?
    Some teams did that in the last few year, being 2-0 in one year against the pats (2011 giants, 2012 ravens and 2015 broncos)

But the focus right now must be on the Colts ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The games against the Texans and the Patriots will show what this team is really made of.
    especially on defense ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Yes they can. They beat the Rats 3 times in one season when many didn't think it would happen.

Naa, they only have to beat them once . . . in the playoffs. I know, I know, Ben, on the road. Patriots at home in January. Blah blah blah. I don't accept it. Any team is beatable. If we get keep playing like we are, then either our offense or defense hits its stride, there's no reason we can't ride through the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I have us losing to the Patriots and some dumb game like against the Bengals. Originally I had us losing against the Texans as well but theyve lost JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus since then and I feel slightly better about it. Very random hunch that we might be one of the few teams that sort of make him look like a rookie.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

From this point forward... 11-0.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Why do this again? Try to enjoy being 6-2 with the #1 seed for just a week. We're sitting on top of the AFC. All we need to do is go 1-0 each week from here on.
    Because it's Tuesday leading into a BYE week. Why read the thread?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Because it's Tuesday leading into a BYE week. Why read the thread?
    I don't really care about the thread if it's something that REALLY needs to be rehashed for a 3rd time this season. More power to you.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

This team is just too damn hard to figure what team they can beat and which one's that will kick their ass. I see them losing at least 2 games, no way in hell I'm picking which ones, probably something asinine like Colts and bungholes.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Game 9 @ Colts: Big Ben and AB have owned this team like slaves the last few years but with Ben regressing I envision less success. The Steelers will again play down to a bad team and barely eek out a win for their first 7-2 start since 2007. Steelers win 20-17

Game 10 vs Titans: In a perfect world, the Steelers enter the New England game 11-2 on an 8 game winning streak, but in reality they probably drop a weird one. I think this is the one they drop as the power of the Titans running game overruns the speed of the Steelers defense. Titans outman Pittsburgh physically, and Steelers lose 24-18. 7-3

Game 11 vs Packers: Brett Hundley and a mediocre Packers supporting cast on SNF. I think Pittsburgh wins and rather easily too 33-14. 8-3

Game 12 @ Bengals: At Cincinnati, playing the Bengals on primetime. Bengirls choke in this game like they always do. Steelers win 17-14 9-3

Game 13 vs Ravens: I know I should be wary of Baltimore playing above themselves to try and avoid the sweep but I like Pittsburgh's chances against Flacco and the anemic Ravens offense. Steelers win 23-10 10-3

Game 14 vs Patriots: Earth to Keith Butler, your zone defense, soft cushions, and 3-man rushes don't work against the Patriots
    Butler: "Ummm, What? What? Sorry, can't hear you, don't know what you're saying can't hear you!" Steelers lose 35-20 10-4

Game 15 @ Texans: Houston will be at home probably fighting for the division and a playoff spot. Watson has been dynamtie and Road Ben doesn't take advantage of the absence of Watt and Mercilus. Steelers lose 27-16 10-5

Game 16 vs Browns: The Browns may play above their heads to try and beat the Steelers, but in Pittsburgh it will be hard to see them hanging around. Steelers win 23-7 finish the year 11-5

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Game 9 @ Colts: Big Ben and AB have owned this team like slaves the last few years but with Ben regressing I envision less success. The Steelers will again play down to a bad team and barely eek out a win for their first 7-2 start since 2007. Steelers win 20-17

Game 10 vs Titans: In a perfect world, the Steelers enter the New England game 11-2 on an 8 game winning streak, but in reality they probably drop a weird one. I think this is the one they drop as the power of the Titans running game overruns the speed of the Steelers defense. Titans outman Pittsburgh physically, and Steelers lose 24-18. 7-3

Game 11 vs Packers: Brett Hundley and a mediocre Packers supporting cast on SNF. I think Pittsburgh wins and rather easily too 33-14. 8-3

Game 12 @ Bengals: At Cincinnati, playing the Bengals on primetime. Bengirls choke in this game like they always do. Steelers win 17-14 9-3

Game 13 vs Ravens: I know I should be wary of Baltimore playing above themselves to try and avoid the sweep but I like Pittsburgh's chances against Flacco and the anemic Ravens offense. Steelers win 23-10 10-3

Game 14 vs Patriots: Earth to Keith Butler, your zone defense, soft cushions, and 3-man rushes don't work against the Patriots
    Butler: "Ummm, What? What? Sorry, can't hear you, don't know what you're saying can't hear you!" Steelers lose 35-20 10-4

Game 15 @ Texans: Houston will be at home probably fighting for the division and a playoff spot. Watson has been dynamtie and Road Ben doesn't take advantage of the absence of Watt and Mercilus. Steelers lose 27-16 10-5

Game 16 vs Browns: The Browns may play above their heads to try and beat the Steelers, but in Pittsburgh it will be hard to see them hanging around. Steelers win 23-7 finish the year 11-5
    if we really end up scoring over 30 points just once this season it'll be the greatest feat of underachievement by a team in ages
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

One thing is certain. They will lose the game to New England. I have absolutely no faith in Keith Butler that he will have a defensive gameplan ready to beat them, even with Haden and Burns in the secondary, the Steelers stick to cushions and do not challenge Brady and the Patriots receivers. Gronk gets open over and over again.

Keith Butler learned absolutely nothing and trots out the same old Zone Defense, Brady has another magnificent performance and picks it apart (again) and the Steelers lose 34-16.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    One thing is certain. They will lose the game to New England. I have absolutely no faith in Keith Butler that he will have a defensive gameplan ready to beat them, even with Haden and Burns in the secondary, the Steelers play scared as fuck on Defense and do not challenge the Patriots receivers.

Keith Butler learned absolutely nothing and trots out the same old Zone Defense, Brady picks it apart (again) and the Steelers lose 34-16.
    If ANYTHING is 'certain', it's not that.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    One thing is certain. They will lose the game to New England. I have absolutely no faith in Keith Butler that he will have a defensive gameplan ready to beat them, even with Haden and Burns in the secondary, the Steelers stick to cushions and do not challenge Brady and the Patriots receivers. Gronk gets open over and over again.

Keith Butler learned absolutely nothing and trots out the same old Zone Defense, Brady has another magnificent performance and picks it apart (again) and the Steelers lose 34-16.
    They are going to sucker punch the Pats*. Let them win and get over confident. They won't show anything that Cheat can analyze on film. Then when we play in Foxboro, the real Steelers gonna play.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Steelers are going to beat the Taperiots TWICE this season.

After the first time, the Taperiots (and everyone else) will think “no one can beat the Tapes twice in one season.” But, our talent is simply better.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

We'll go 6-2 but no way do we lose to the Patriots. Not gonna happen.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

After the first time, the Taperiots (and everyone else) will think “no one can beat the Tapes twice in one season.” But, our talent is simply better.
    Talent is much better. Coaching is not. I think they can beat them twice at home...but it’s not an easy feat and I’d rather see them win in December and then see someone else knock the Pats off later...lol.

If they field that scheme that they did with the Lions, Brady will just pick them apart as usual.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Talent maybe better but the problem that will put the Steelers at a disadvantage is the 2 coordinators Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne. Our DC will still refuse to acknowledge that the zone D doesn't work against the Pats and the OC will bog down the offense with asenine playcalls and refuse to take advantage of the weaknesses on the Pats defense

Talent is much better. Coaching is not. I think they can beat them twice at home...but it’s not an easy feat and I’d rather see them win in December and then see someone else knock the Pats off later...lol.

If they field that scheme that they did with the Lions, Brady will just pick them apart as usual.
    The Steelers now have the CBs to play the proper kind of defense against the Taperiots.

Plus, Watt.

And, possibly most importantly, Hargrave provides pressure up the middle... which is absolutely Brady’s Achilles heel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Talent maybe better but the problem that will put the Steelers at a disadvantage is the 2 coordinators Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne. Our DC will still refuse to acknowledge that the zone D doesn't work against the Pats and the OC will bog down the offense with asenine playcalls and refuse to take advantage of the weaknesses on the Pats defense
    See above.

Plus, Bell and JuJu (and Bryant) are a lot better than D-Will and Hamilton (and Coates).

The Lions put a nice recipe out there on how to defeat the 2017 Steelers Defense...not that the Patriots would need it but it’s out there. I’m not confident the coordinators will get the job done that needs to be done...

The Lions put a nice recipe out there on how to defeat the 2017 Steelers Defense...not that the Patriots would need it but it’s out there. I’m not confident the coordinators will get the job done that needs to be done...
    1) There are always going to be holes in a defense. The Lions found it in ours... but, only a few QBs have the arm-strength to make the throws necessary to do what Stanford did.

2) The Steelers are a "bend but don't break" defense. Holding to teams to FGs is fine with me. It's how Belichick has organized his defense for over a decade.

3) Watt was inches away form three INTs. Shazier almost had two, as well. When Brady is pressured up the middle (Hargrave), he throws bad passes (see: Texans playoff game from last season).

Totally agree, now let's see how good our coaches really are. Because there's no way we will get that lucky and hold other teams out of the end zone like we did against the Lions.

But as Teegre said above, if Hargrove can get a huge push up the middle on Brady things could be different. Brady just panics and fails when his pocket is pushed like that.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If we can continue to stay healthy what I'm seeing is that the Patriots are continuing to fall apart with injuries. By the end of the year I like those trends.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If we can continue to stay healthy what I'm seeing is that the Patriots are continuing to fall apart with injuries. By the end of the year I like those trends.
    Add in the Texans very weak now cause of the injury bug. Lost Watt for the Season and now Watson probably tore a ACL and out for the year.

Fire Butler if this is the case....