Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    We are very fortunate to be 6-2 with such a young and inexperienced defense and our offense performing like a 3 cylinder yugo in the red zone.

Honestly, if healthy, we should finish the season much stronger on both sides of the ball and have a legitimate shot at knocking off NE and winning the lombardi.

Great job!!!

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

I think the Steelers finish 12-4. Hopefully that will be good enough to get the #1 seed. Staying home looks to be a big benefit this year as we have played lousy on the road. Also, if we secure the #1 seed, we likely put the Pats and Chiefs at #2 and #3, which forces them to play each other with the winner coming to Pittsburgh if we hold up our end. I like a 1 game shot at home against either of them vs. having to beat them both, with the 2nd game being on the road.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Game 9 @ Colts: Big Ben and AB have owned this team like slaves the last few years but with Ben regressing I envision less success. The Steelers will again play down to a bad team and barely eek out a win for their first 7-2 start since 2007. Steelers win 20-17

Game 10 vs Titans: In a perfect world, the Steelers enter the New England game 11-2 on an 8 game winning streak, but in reality they probably drop a weird one. I think this is the one they drop as the power of the Titans running game overruns the speed of the Steelers defense. Titans outman Pittsburgh physically, and Steelers lose 24-18. 7-3

Game 11 vs Packers: Brett Hundley and a mediocre Packers supporting cast on SNF. I think Pittsburgh wins and rather easily too 33-14. 8-3

Game 12 @ Bengals: At Cincinnati, playing the Bengals on primetime. Bengirls choke in this game like they always do. Steelers win 17-14 9-3

Game 13 vs Ravens: I know I should be wary of Baltimore playing above themselves to try and avoid the sweep but I like Pittsburgh's chances against Flacco and the anemic Ravens offense. Steelers win 23-10 10-3

Game 14 vs Patriots: Earth to Keith Butler, your zone defense, soft cushions, and 3-man rushes don't work against the Patriots
    Butler: "Ummm, What? What? Sorry, can't hear you, don't know what you're saying can't hear you!" Steelers lose 35-20 10-4

Game 15 @ Texans: Houston will be at home probably fighting for the division and a playoff spot. Watson has been dynamtie and Road Ben doesn't take advantage of the absence of Watt and Mercilus. Steelers lose 27-16 10-5

Game 16 vs Browns: The Browns may play above their heads to try and beat the Steelers, but in Pittsburgh it will be hard to see them hanging around. Steelers win 23-7 finish the year 11-5
    Excellent Game 9 pick......LOL

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Steelers will lose to the titans...book it! Seems like we never match up well with them

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Wow...just noticed his pick was dead on!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Wow...just noticed his pick was dead on!!

Think we are gonna have to put Conner in more against the titans, Bell i think his wheels are coming off....there is definitely something up to what he said in practice this week

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Think we are gonna have to put Conner in more against the titans, Bell i think his wheels are coming off....there is definitely something up to what he said in practice this week

Gerry Dulac of the P-G agrees in his postgame Colts game grades

Maybe the Steelers are relying too much on Le’Veon Bell, who is starting to find running room hard to come by as teams load up to stop him.

The time has come to re-think their offensive approach because there is way too much reliance on Le’Veon Bell that ignores their other weapons.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201711120188

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I remember predicting a win by 3 points but I forgot I predicted the right score

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I agree with those predictions, but of course without Watson Houston is a dumpster fire. With Watson I would've seen them winning the division (and us losing to them) because Watson was absolutely on fire until he got injured. Hanging up 38 points on that Seattle D in their stadium... man.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    I agree with those predictions, but of course without Watson Houston is a dumpster fire. With Watson I would've seen them winning the division (and us losing to them) because Watson was absolutely on fire until he got injured. Hanging up 38 points on that Seattle D in their stadium... man.
    Yeah, they looked scary and that was without JJ and Merciless. They'll be a terror next season.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Houston with Tom Savage and a defensive dumpster fire makes the game much more winnable. Of course knowing the Steelers, they'll still find a way to make the game competitive and not hang 30 on them