Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Add in the Texans very weak now cause of the injury bug. Lost Watt for the Season and now Watson probably tore a ACL and out for the year.
    Watt Mercilus and now Watson...that’s rough.

The way things are lining up,for the Steelers, if they can stay healthy and get some sissues straightened out, they have a golden opportunity in front of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Watt Mercilus and now Watson...that’s rough.

The way things are lining up,for the Steelers, if they can stay healthy and get some sissues straightened out, they have a golden opportunity in front of them...
    The stars definitely seem to be lining up.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Along those same lines, what other team could actually get BETTER???

The Steelers are already doing very well... and, if Bryant re-emerges, the Steelers could actually get better.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

ESPN published an article on November 1 before the Watson injury on preseason over/under win totals and currently projected end of regular season records

Using our Football Power Index (FPI), we can evaluate each team's chances of hitting the over on its preseason total. ...

Pittsburgh Steelers (10.5 wins)

Current record: 6-2
    This week: Bye
    Chance to hit over: 85 percent

FPI now projects an average of 11.8 wins for the Steelers, so anyone with an over ticket ought to feel pretty good right now.

I do not know where the two losses to end up 12-4 come from under that model since the FPI index projects the Steelers being favored at Heinz over the Pats in December

New England Patriots (12.5 wins)

Current record: 6-2
    This week: Bye
    Chance to hit over: 3.2 percent

They are only underdogs for one remaining contest (at Steelers), but are favored by less than a field goal in three others (at Broncos, vs. Raiders and at Bills).

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...gas-win-totals

I project the Steelers 12-4 with another frustrating loss as a road favorite at Cincy or Houston (a Christmas afternoon game that the Steelers are pissed off about having to play on that date for the second straight year) and the annual Pats loss

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Along those same lines, what other team could actually get BETTER???

The Steelers are already doing very well... and, if Bryant re-emerges, the Steelers could actually get better.
    Hopefully Tuitt and Gilbert are healthy for the stretch run. They could get better w/those 2 back in the lineup

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Hopefully Tuitt and Gilbert are healthy for the stretch run. They could get better w/those 2 back in the lineup
    Indeed

I truly feel that our pass rush will rise to a new level once Tuitt is back. Likewise, as much as we want to talk about Bryant being the missing piece on offense, Gilbert at RT simply helps BB to play better (plus, Gilbert opens huge holes for Bell).

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If ANYTHING is 'certain', it's not that.
    What have you seen from the last few games against New England to make you think that Tomlin will have the team ready to play against them and not be totally outclassed and outcoached? We had the B's last year and still got destroyed by a Lacrosse Player. The Pats own Tomlin's heart and soul.

One win against the Brady Pats since the beginning of the decade. The Steelers have not intercepted Brady since 2005.

I've seen this movie before and I'm not interested in seeing it again. I'm confident, hoping that this time, Tomlin will overcome the usual Patriots bullshit, and the Steelers continue to play like they don't belong on the same field as them. I'm on board with the idea that the Patriots will destroy the Steelers again on December 17th until I see otherwise. Don't blame me. Blame the team for continuing to get killed by them over and over again.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    What have you seen from the last few games against New England to make you think that Tomlin will have the team ready to play against them and not be totally outclassed and outcoached? We had the B's last year and still got destroyed by a Lacrosse Player. The Pats own Tomlin's heart and soul.

One win against the Brady Pats since the beginning of the decade. The Steelers have not intercepted Brady since 2005.

I've seen this movie before and I'm not interested in seeing it again. I'm confident, hoping that this time, Tomlin will overcome the usual Patriots bullshit, and the Steelers continue to play like they don't belong on the same field as them. I'm on board with the idea that the Patriots will destroy the Steelers again on December 17th until I see otherwise. Don't blame me. Blame the team for continuing to get killed by them over and over again.
    First, Landry Jones lead the regular season game. Second, Bell went down after the first 11 plays in the AFCCG. Third, Bryant was on suspension for the season. So technically, we did not have our Killer Bees at all. I saw in that regular season game, just last season btw, that we CAN hang with NE. In the AFCCG, once Bell went down, all their D had to do was triple AB and game over. Not really that tough when you think on it. Bryant being out left that side of the field with Coates. If you remember, Coates had broken his fingers and required surgical repair in the off season, so basically, he wasn't a threat at all. People like to give the Pats credit like we never have a chance. That is total BS. They did blow us out in one season opener. But since 2010, these games have been close. We HAVE lost, but it's not the 'outclassed and out coached' bs I keep reading from guys like you. The average point differential since 2010 is less than 11 points, one of those was by 24. I'm sure you can probably do your own research and some math, but you would rather just come on here and tell us how incompetent the team is instead. Knock yourself out. IGNORED. You're pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    First, Landry Jones lead the regular season game. Second, Bell went down after the first 11 plays in the AFCCG. Third, Bryant was on suspension for the season. So technically, we did not have our Killer Bees at all. I saw in that regular season game, just last season btw, that we CAN hang with NE. In the AFCCG, once Bell went down, all their D had to do was triple AB and game over. Not really that tough when you think on it. Bryant being out left that side of the field with Coates. If you remember, Coates had broken his fingers and required surgical repair in the off season, so basically, he wasn't a threat at all. People like to give the Pats credit like we never have a chance. That is total BS. They did blow us out in one season opener. But since 2010, these games have been close. We HAVE lost, but it's not the 'outclassed and out coached' bs I keep reading from guys like you. The average point differential since 2010 is less than 11 points, one of those was by 24. I'm sure you can probably do your own research and some math, but you would rather just come on here and tell us how incompetent the team is instead. Knock yourself out. IGNORED. You're pathetic.
    And, don't forget the loss the year before that was purely because our kicker hurt is knee in preseason, so we brought in a guy who, at that point in his career, couldn't hit the Pacific ocean while peeing from a dingy a hundred miles off the Hawaiian islands. On top of that, we now have players who match up much better in man defense, which is something we haven't had since Ike T., Ryan C., and Troy P. were on this team.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Really want a bye week this year. Let someone else play on wildcard weekend and endure the extra game of physical abuse for a change.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Really want a bye week this year. Let someone else play on wildcard weekend and endure the extra game of physical abuse for a change.
    Given Chiefs schedule, 12-4 may not get a bye for the Steelers even with tiebreaker over Chiefs -

The focus has been on the Chiefs and Pats, but Steelers would lose tiebreaker to the 5-3 Jags after the meltdown at Heinz

Jags remaining 8 games includes only 2 teams above .500 - Seahawks and @Titans

Chargers
    @ Clowns
    @ Cardinals
    Colts
    Seahawks
    Texans
    @ 49ers
    @ Titans

Remaining games for 6-3 Chiefs

@ Giants
    Bills
    @ Jets
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Dolphins
    @ Broncos

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It was important that the chiefs lose yesterday, otherwise the bye week would have been a big challenge.

But with our schedule, the steelers are in a good position now to have a bye week and finish the season 7-1.

But one game at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    The steelers played in the wildcard weekend in the last 3 years because of our slow start....3-3 after 6 games in 2014,4-4 in 2015 and 4-5 last year

This year, they are in a good position with our record and our schedule ... No excuse

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    And, don't forget the loss the year before that was purely because our kicker hurt is knee in preseason, so we brought in a guy who, at that point in his career, couldn't hit the Pacific ocean while peeing from a dingy a hundred miles off the Hawaiian islands.
    You've been saving that one, haven't you.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Given Chiefs schedule, 12-4 may not get a bye for the Steelers even with tiebreaker over Chiefs -

The focus has been on the Chiefs and Pats, but Steelers would lose tiebreaker to the 5-3 Jags after the meltdown at Heinz

Chargers
    @ Clowns
    @ Cardinals
    Colts
    Seahawks
    Texans
    @ 49ers
    @ Titans

@ Giants
    Bills
    @ Jets
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Dolphins
    @ Broncos
    Yep

I should have been rooting for the Bengals... but... eff that!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I don't think there will be a Steeler meltdown. There is no reason why this team won't win out and bring home #7
    lf they stay healthy and Ben and the offense get it together, I expect it will happen.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Chargers
    @ Clowns
    @ Cardinals
    Colts
    Seahawks
    Texans
    @ 49ers
    @ Titans

@ Giants
    Bills
    @ Jets
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Dolphins
    @ Broncos
    Two words: Blake Bortles.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    We must not judge a team only on a QB.The Broncos won the super bowl in 2015 and Manning was worse than Bortles is this year and it's not even close.I'm not saying that the jags will win the super bowl, but we have to take this team seriously.

The jags have the best running game and the best defense in the NFL right now and if their run defense is better, they are going to be scary.

Easily the 4th best team of the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I know Ben's rating is skewed by the Jax meltdown, but Ben and Bortles currently are tied in 2017 QBR ratings

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

I would not count on Bortles to win a playoff game but the remaining Jax schedule is not loaded with playoff quality teams and that Jags defense may become fierce with the addition of Dareus to improve the run defense

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I don't think there will be a Steeler meltdown. There is no reason why this team won't win out and bring home #7
    lf they stay healthy and Ben and the offense get it together, I expect it will happen.
    Right now the Eagles look like a team that is going to be very tough to beat. They play the Cowboys on the road after a bye next week. If they dominated the Cowgirls on the road the Eagles are a team that should be feared. Carson Wentz is the next great QB after the old guard of Brady/Ben/Brees hangs it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    The Steelers control their own destiny.

Also, the Steelers are 6-2... and getting Tuitt and Gilbert back. Plus, if Bryant regains even half of his former self (which was 15 TDs in 17 games), this offense should be great (finally). Last but not least, regardless of anything else, if BB recaptures a little of his old “magic”, nothing else will matter (we’ll go undefeated).

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If Ben stays healthy, I think he comes alive down the stretch and into the playoffs. I'm surprised that he hasn't already been injured. Maybe this is the year he plays all 19 games.

2017 NFL division leaders: Steelers a lock

This has been a topsy-turvy NFL campaign, but with a solid half-season of action in the books, we have a clearer idea of the playoff picture taking shape. Some divisional races appear to have crystallized to the point that we can more or less call them now, while others remain decidedly in flux.

Below, I've ranked all eight division leaders (per NFL.com's standings) according to the likelihood that they will still be in first place when the 2017 regular season comes to an end, naming the top challengers to the most vulnerable front-runners:

LOCK 'EM IN TODAY
    1) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2 in the AFC North)
    There is not a bona fide challenger to the Steelers' supremacy in this division, with the Ravens (4-5), Bengals (3-5) and Browns (0-8) all floundering. Pittsburgh, meanwhile, is one of just two teams to rank in the top 10 in both offense (No. 10) and defense (No. 5), joining the Jaguars (who rank ninth in offense and third in defense). The Steelers' schedule also lines up very much in their favor, with all their remaining road games (at Colts, at Bengals, at Texans) coming against teams with losing records, while they should be the favorites in all five of their remaining home games (vs. Titans, vs. Packers, vs. Ravens, vs. Patriots, vs. Browns). Yes, I like Pittsburgh to win its pivotal Week 15 matchup with New England, which I also expect to decide home-field advantage in the AFC playoffs.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I would say again, 6-2/5-3. Possible losses: Bengals OR Ravens, then Texans on the road and NE at home. NE is one I am 50/50 on. Another thought is pending their record, I could maybe, just a tiny maybe, see them drop the game against the Browns if they are resting starters and second string guys. But that would only be if they have most likely beaten the Bengals, Ravens, Texans, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I can't wait to play the Bengals again. Hopefully it will be another blowout. They are crying over at the Bengal board and nobody has a sense of humor. That must be the product of years of losing and no hope whatsoever.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I can't wait to play the Bengals again. Hopefully it will be another blowout. They are crying over at the Bengal board and nobody has a sense of humor. That must be the product of years of losing and no hope whatsoever.
    I detest those mouth breathing chili scarfers as much as I hate the team. Honestly I have a hard time telling which is smarter, Bengals fan or Caveman?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I detest those mouth breathing chili scarfers as much as I hate the team. Honestly I have a hard time telling which is smarter, Bengals fan or Caveman?
    Hey now! No need to insult actual chili by calling that regurgitated dog vomit that ONLY one area of the country even eats "CHILI".

Seriously, is that crap not the worst "regional" food ever?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Steelers control their own destiny.

Also, the Steelers are 6-2... and getting Tuitt and Gilbert back. Plus, if Bryant regains even half of his former self (which was 15 TDs in 17 games), this offense should be great (finally).

Last but not least, regardless of anything else, if BB recaptures a little of his old “magic”, nothing else will matter (we’ll go undefeated).
    We are very fortunate to be 6-2 with such a young and inexperienced defense and our offense performing like a 3 cylinder yugo in the red zone.

Honestly, if healthy, we should finish the season much stronger on both sides of the ball and have a legitimate shot at knocking off NE and winning the lombardi.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Now that's a car. Yu go, but car...