Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Week 8: Steelers @ Lions

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 8: Steelers @ Lions

The last time the Lions beat the Steelers on a day other than Thanksgiving Day, 1962

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Thank God we finally figured out how to get TDs ! A perfect example that you just can't score FGs to win games against decent teams. As you could see by Lion's playing, they moved the ball freely everywhere they wanted anytime they wanted (except TD), they flat 'outplayed' us in offense, but LUCKILY they couldn't cross the TD line and ended with 3's. If they scored TD's, with the way we played, they would've thumped us bad ! We would have been talking how embarrassing they were. IMO....a very lucky win !! Stafford picked us apart all game, exposed every weakness. Just seems there were no adjustments made. I love the WIN, but so pissed about our defense's lack of tackling, pass coverage, and of course a lot of Haley's play calling.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The ironic thing is the Lions could have won the game with all FGs. Kick the FG on that goal line stand, the score is 20-18. Then on the last drive they had, a FG would have won the game.

As far as the offense, dropped passes, fumble and Ben's inaccuracy is not Haley's fault. Did I like all of Haley's playcalls? No. But, I didn't think he was the issue.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    The ironic thing is the Lions could have won the game with all FGs. Kick the FG on that goal line stand, the score is 20-18. Then on the last drive they had, a FG would have won the game.

As far as the offense, dropped passes, fumble and Ben's inaccuracy is not Haley's fault. Did I like all of Haley's playcalls? No. But, I didn't think he was the issue.
    I do agree with you that if the Lion's would've kicked FG's on the two 4th downs they would have won the game. What I'm pissed about is how the hell the Lions got soooooo easily down the field to the red zone time after time. Stafford knew our defense more than our own player's. He picked, dinked and dunked the defense the whole game and our coaches couldn't figure Stafford out. If Stafford had our offense talent he would have humiliated us. I hate seeing Ben's decline. I actually think Ben is becoming our 'weak' link. I know he hit some player's right in the number's and they dropped the ball....not Ben's fault. But there were some player's wide open and he over/under threw them terribly. But thank God he did do enough to win, and thank God our defense was able to execute well in the red zone.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Not getting to Stafford is laughable.

How many pressures did they record? 3?
    Mihalik!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler