Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant: Juju is Nowhere Near Better than I Am

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Re: Martavis Bryant: Juju is Nowhere Near Better than I Am

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Skipping out on morning meetings isn’t really working his butt off though...but maybe he really was “sick”.

I smell a suspension coming at some point...
    Hes dope sick...i bet he has a relapse

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Skipping out on morning meetings isn’t really working his butt off though...but maybe he really was “sick”.

When did he do that?

Never mind I just saw it above.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Conditional 6th would be the ceiling imo. You still have 9 games to try to find this guy again.

If he go's home at night and looks long and kindly at his children, I believe that guy will be back. But it all depends on what he loves most.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    You don't reward tantrums. You do not reward pouting.

Suspend and fine. The only language most of these guys truly understand. Then give him clear (monosyllable maybe?) objectives to get back on the field.

No way I trade the guy. That just says that any dipshittery and asshattery will be not only tolerated but rewarded.

Everyone around here talks about discipline. This is an actual test of discipline and everyone's gut reaction is to duck it?

That's what we did with Blount, and it was also the wrong move then. I wonder if Bryant is somehow drawing inspiration from that?

It also strikes me as no coincidence that our three guys with failed drug tests over the past couple years are also the only three guys who have been bitching publicly about playing time and contracts. Perhaps there's a certain me-first mentality that lends itself to both. At any rate, it would be wise not to feed it.

There is no benefit to the team if we dump Bryant for pennies on the dollar, and it is no skin off our back to deactivate or suspend him; he's not producing anyway. Not to mention, letting him sit on the bench and be mad is better than having him catch touchdowns for the Patriots, where he would be pretty much guaranteed to end up no matter what we did. Once he's out of our hands, we have NO control over it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Puts in perspective Bryant missing several other practices this month

It’s not the first time Bryant called in “sick.” Two weeks in a row he missed practices with what the Steelers said was an illness. They also came after he or his camp had asked for a trade.

Ramon Foster clearly has heard enough

“He can’t leave us here to answer, is how I feel about it,’’ Foster said. “I feel like last week we kind of pushed it aside and then you double down on it? Not cool from a teammate perspective.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710230145

The focus has been on Bryant's comments about JuJu but this play for sympathy/victim status also is noteworthy

ain’t nobody did nothing to get me back I worked my ass off to get myself back with no help and little support period

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710230102

This is more than a player management spat - Bryant appears to have lost the locker room if Foster is calling him out

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    1. Physicality: Bryant does not play to his size. Blessed with size at WR but won't see him win any "combat catches" (Tomlinism). Bryant seems awfully easy to bring down at 6'5 215-225 . JuJu is smaller although made a college career over the middle and being physical.
    2. Speed: Bryant has 4.3 speed, another amazing attribute. Although it seems the only 2 routes he has been doing is a bubble screen or a fly route. "one trick pony" (Tomlinism) But this may very well be play calling which he doesn't have much control over.
    3. Route Running: Sub par at best, although could be do to the play calling again.
    1 & 2 are why he's even kept around.

3 is why he isn't getting targets.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Todays "sick out" is a game changer. Your options are now more clear. Suspend him ( wont be easy with the NFLPA to consider) take away his helmet ( deactivate) or release him. Given his history you wouldn't get a bag of used kicking tees for him in a trade. So that's off the table. If it hasn't happened already you can bet an NFL tester is on his way to Bryant's house. Even if he passes that test given his history of mental health issues he's a huge question mark from the standpoint of off field stability. As far as cutting him. No way. If this is a calculated move to get released ala LaGarrette Blount, don't reward him. He's only getting 700k, deactivate him for the season if need be. If he's willing to apologize to his teammates and coaches and promises to fly right the rest of the way give him another chance in a couple weeks. But you can't play him next week! Wouldn't be fair to his teammates.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    You don't reward tantrums. You do not reward pouting.

Suspend and fine. The only language most of these guys truly understand. Then give him clear (monosyllable maybe?) objectives to get back on the field.

No way I trade the guy. That just says that any dipshittery and asshattery will be not only tolerated but rewarded.

Everyone around here talks about discipline. This is an actual test of discipline and everyone's gut reaction is to duck it?
    Unless you trade him to the Browns... that's the equivalent of corporal punishment.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Unless you trade him to the Browns... that's the equivalent of corporal punishment.
    that would be against the law, the Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits imposing such cruel and unusual punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Todays "sick out" is a game changer. Your options are now more clear. Suspend him ( wont be easy with the NFLPA to consider) take away his helmet ( deactivate) or release him. Given his history you wouldn't get a bag of used kicking tees for him in a trade. So that's off the table. If it hasn't happened already you can bet an NFL tester is on his way to Bryant's house. Even if he passes that test given his history of mental health issues he's a huge question mark from the standpoint of off field stability. As far as cutting him. No way. If this is a calculated move to get released ala LaGarrette Blount, don't reward him. He's only getting 700k, deactivate him for the season if need be. If he's willing to apologize to his teammates and coaches and promises to fly right the rest of the way give him another chance in a couple weeks. But you can't play him next week! Wouldn't be fair to his teammates.
    Ramon Foster's response is equally as telling.

I foresee Bryant not dressing on Sunday. Then, he'll have the bye week to "figure it out."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Hey didn't he and Coates have some beef too? Perfect place for him to be..

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Wouldn’t be difficult to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. He’s “skipping” practice and meetings. He’s bitching publicly about the team and teammates. The only thing he hasn’t done yet...sit ups in the driveway.

You can’t just outright release him.

A. Its what he wants.
    B. You don’t want him to go to a contender to help them.

He’s got talent, we’ve all seen it. His head just isn’t on straight at the moment and you don’t want to see him land on a team like KC and help them over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Wouldn’t be difficult to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. He’s “skipping” practice and meetings. He’s bitching publicly about the team and teammates. The only thing he hasn’t done yet...sit ups in the driveway.

A. Its what he wants.

He’s got talent, we’ve all seen it. His head just isn’t on straight at the moment and you don’t want to see him land on a team like KC and help them over the hump.
    QFT

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Well Bryant might be in Tomlin's doghouse now!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

you don’t want to see him land on a team like KC and help them over the hump.
    Forget KC - Sean Gentile of the P-G gives everyone's nightmare scenario

The Steelers shouldn’t cut him, unless they’re cool with him catching two touchdowns for the Patriots in the 2018 AFC championship. That’d be inevitable.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710230127

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Cowherd was right when he said that steelers have a lot of ego in their locker room, but no one is at the level of Martavis Bryant.Suspend him!

But at least Tomlin is very good at managing the egos!

A. Its what he wants.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

A. Its what he wants.

Here's the plan:

- Sit him on the bench / play him sparingly for the rest of the regular season

- If we play the Patriots in the postseason, outfit him with a $30,000 bong the Friday before the game, and modify his contract to include a lifetime supply of weed

- (Popeye spinach power-up music plays)

- Bryant has 800 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, and we win 128-16 and advance to the Super Bowl

- He fails a drug test the following Monday and isn't anybody's problem anymore

Brilliant!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Trade him for Coates... wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Simply take his helmet and give it to Hunter. Nuff said. In the offseason see if a trade can be worked.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'm officially done with Bryant now. And to think that I was excited to have him back this season. So much talk about how he was bigger, faster, etc. and he comes back expecting everything to just be handed to him as if he hadn't missed any time.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bryant is an addict and cannot handle the pressure which he used to glide through in a cloud of smoke. He is irritable and his timing is off. He cannot develop social relationships. He needs a vacation and a couple of drinks.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Bryant is an addict and cannot handle the pressure which he used to glide through in a cloud of smoke. He is irritable and his timing is off. He cannot develop social relationships. He needs a vacation and a couple of drinks.
    and this:

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I'm officially done with Bryant now. And to think that I was excited to have him back this season. So much talk about how he was bigger, faster, etc. and he comes back expecting everything to just be handed to him as if he hadn't missed any time.
    Im with ya...JuJu is already more professional, mature and is the youngest in the league...bryant is one bong hit away and i see it happening very soon...lets face it, a lot of these athletes are dumber than a brick

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The other thing is: Bryant has done whatbtimshiw he’s better than anyone in this team? Without looking, is Bryant Top-4 in receiving on this team? He’s probably behind Brown, Bell, JuJu and James?

Really what he needs to do is just shut up, work hard and make plays. People like him aren’t capable of it though. They live off the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Forget KC - Sean Gentile of the P-G gives everyone's nightmare scenario

The Steelers shouldn’t cut him, unless they’re cool with him catching two touchdowns for the Patriots in the 2018 AFC championship. That’d be inevitable.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710230127
    Would the Patriots want that mess though? Cooks, Amendola, Hogan and Gronk? They wouldn’t really need them but I might be able to see it...

Bottom line is you let him rot if you can’t get anything for him or dictate where he will go...anything else is poor GM-ing.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I expect Bryant to work his butt off, he must if he wants to stay in the NFL.
    I realize you want to like him thats obvious, but the guy doesn't have IT. He is a natural stud athlete who doesn't understand to stay on top or in his case get to top you have to work your ass off as well has have phenomenal skills. IMO its a waste to even give him touches. He is not going to be number one option on this team ever. He might be happy every few games but not on a consistent basis. Heyward Bey or Hunter could be the deep threat. Its not like any of the three have great hands. I would trade him for a Tight End. I know thats not gonna happen with the acquisition of MCdonald, but a good TE would be better than whining third option receiver. Its a good problem to have, to many guys with talent and not enough touches to go around, unfortunately he doesn't understand that concept. I get he wants a big contract but his time will come. Shit Kenny Britt is making 8-9 mill I think. Look what miami payed Wallace. I hope every time I log on to espn website I will see he has been traded.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Just keep jim off the Pats roster

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Trade him for Coates... wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Simply take his helmet and give it to Hunter. Nuff said. In the offseason see if a trade can be worked.
    100 percent agree with this. Lets see if Hunter comes out hungry and I bet he'll appreciate 2 touches a game.