Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant: Juju is Nowhere Near Better than I Am

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Martavis Bryant: Juju is Nowhere Near Better than I Am

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    he's dumber than a rock. I would never sign MB to a long term contract
    The Dolphins can sign him to a lavish contract, then he can bitch about not having a QB good enough to get him the ball while he does nothing but run a straight line

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    By feeding Bryant two targets the entire game?
    It is not the Salvation Army - you earn your targets

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Right, Rogers one target, Bryant two, Vance maybe two, Grimble one. Really mixing it up there. They can all ring the Bell. All we need is Brown.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Word!

- - - Updated - - -

Right, Rogers one target, Bryant two, Vance maybe two, Grimble one. Really mixing it up there. They can all ring the Bell. All we need is Brown.
    First off every wr on this team needs to know & realize Top Dog eats first! That is AB and rightly so!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    what we could get for him right now:

Throw in some salsa and it's a deal.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

So they are not targeting Bryant because they are mean or want to lose? They have jobs to make these decisions - we just get to second guess with no risk other than time spent to post.
    He presumably has issues in practice that do not give confidence - reporters have said he has not looked like the same player since August in practice or in games
    He is a mess - the trade request and trashing JuJu are symptoms, not causes of his lack of targets

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Just pissed the youngest player in the league is out performing him.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Word!

- - - Updated - - -

First off every wr on this team needs to know & realize Top Dog eats first! That is AB and rightly so!
    Right, and if top dog doesn't get his way he is no different than Bryant with his behavior. Watch out for that water cooler!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

So they are not targeting Bryant because they are mean or want to lose? They have jobs to make these decisions - we just get to second guess with no risk other than time spent to post.
    He presumably has issues in practice that do not give confidence - reporters have said he has not looked like the same player since August in practice or in games
    He is a mess - the trade request and trashing JuJu are symptoms, not causes of his lack of targets

Right, and if top dog doesn't get his way he is no different than Bryant with his behavior. Watch out for that water cooler!
    Top Dog owns his throws because he is the best playing at his position in the league and can be trusted. If I was a QB I would trust throwing to Jerry Rice over Josh Gordon. Mic Drop!

No, but targeting him, Rogers, JuJu more would sure add an element of surprise to the offense. And lets not forget Brown's behavior when he doesn't get his way.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yeah cause top dog publicly showed insecurity over Juju being drafted, yep. Also top dog works as hard as anyone in the league, unlike Bryant, which probably figures into the equation as to why he gets more targets to begin with.

Anyhow we always find a way to argue after a great win. I'm all for not trading Bryant but he needs to stay off of social media no matter how pissed he is.

- - - Updated - - -

That can't happen after every game!

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yeah cause top dog publicly showed insecurity over Juju being drafted, yep. Also top dog works as hard as anyone in the league, unlike Bryant, which probably figures into the equation as to why he gets more targets to begin with.
    Bryant's flaws are clear for everyone to see, he doesn't have pretty white teeth to hide behind. I'm not giving up on him yet.

Bryant's flaws are clear for everyone to see, he doesn't have pretty white teeth to hide behind. I'm not giving up on him yet.
    Look none of us fans want to give up on him yet. The social media out burst needs to stop after these games and specially when we win.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Throw in some salsa and it's a deal.
    OK, but no chips. Not worth it IMO.

Here is the problem of Bryant's play this season. He is not able anymore to catch a 5 yard slant and take it 70 yards to the house. No longer a deep threat with his speed and has no hustle or willing to go up and fight for the ball! Last, goes down at the first person that touches his jersey! Did you see JUJU catch the ball late in the game and pressed his hand on the turf to not go down and made it outbound ? You can't coach speed and heart. Sadly MB looks like he has neither this season.

At this point, I'd be willing to entertain trade offers for him, and if I got a fourth or better, I'd move him quickly.

Of course, there's the other issue: on the other hand, there's a good chance it's just taken him quite a bit longer to readjust to the game. It happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big leap from this year to the next simply because he will have a full year of OTAs and camp as well as games and practice behind him. Yet, on the other hand, these kinds of frustrations throw the door wide open to start abusing again. If he makes it into next season without a suspension, I will be very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    At this point, I'd be willing to entertain trade offers for him, and if I got a fourth or better, I'd move him quickly.

Of course, there's the other issue: on the other hand, there's a good chance it's just taken him quite a bit longer to readjust to the game. It happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big leap from this year to the next simply because he will have a full year of OTAs and camp as well as games and practice behind him. Yet, on the other hand, these kinds of frustrations throw the door wide open to start abusing again. If he makes it into next season without a suspension, I will be very impressed.
    Right now he is a cancer to this team!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Right now I don't care if he's traded, not traded, suspended, not suspended ... it's all the same. We're not getting any production out of him anyway at the moment, so we wouldn't be "missing" anything.

Before the season, my thoughts were that it'd be great if Bryant was back to his old self, but we couldn't count on that. Any contribution we got from him would be a bonus. Because after a year-plus out of the game entirely, he's right back to being a question mark just like on draft day. Yes, we've seen that he COULD make plays at the NFL level - but that may have nothing to do anymore with whether he CAN make plays at the NFL level.

Honestly he has not looked the same by a longshot. Communication, chemistry, whatever - I just don't see him getting open very often. His speed both before and after the catch was his calling card - but he doesn't look like he's as fast. If one of those is the issue, and not something to do with "getting your head in the game," then that's a much bigger problem. I hope it's just something that takes adjustments. But things change fast, and they can change a LOT in a year or two. I'm glad we gave ourselves options.

Regardless of how this turns out, I have a hard time envisioning Bryant in Pittsburgh past the end of his rookie contract, if he even makes it that far.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Not a team player, sorry his ass has to go.You win and are still pissed. You should be commending and praising your team mates not saying shit sbout them on social media. Fuck his "potential". You were suspended for a year and now pull this shit where you should be proud you are still able to play...que up the post game mike singletary comments...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

He has to get his head straight. I suspect he is in the mind set of "See, I'm off drugs, I should be rewarded", instead of realizing that being off drugs is the baseline. He has probably put in a lot of effort to get off drugs and to stay off drugs, however, that does not translate into targets and working hard on the field. He has to take the next step of recovery and realize, while it may seem Herculean to him, he has to work hard in 2 aspects of his life.
    1. Stay clean.
    2. Work your ass off to play NFL football.

Accomplishing #1 is the reward in itself. Accomplishing #2 will translate to targets and career success.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I would rather see them feed Smith-Schuster (the future) than to feed a guy who may be suspended at the wink of an eye. You would think that someone who was suspended for a year would be out there doing everything he can to elevate his game rather than trying to tear down teammates, count your blessings that you are even on an NFL roster and work to get better.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I would rather see them feed Smith-Schuster (the future) than to feed a guy who may be suspended at the wink of an eye. You would think that someone who was suspended for a year would be out there doing everything he can to elevate his game rather than trying to tear down teammates, count your blessings that you are even on an NFL roster and work to get better.
    Amen...great post

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Maybe they should consider trading him? Because this is getting ridiculous, trashing teammates on social media... this situation is becoming cancerous.

I just have no idea what they could get for him. Would the Skins trade Pryor for Bryant straight up?
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

suspend him for 4 games and trade him on a bad team with a bad QB in the offseason.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

An objective look...

PROS:
    -He is cheap. He is on a R4 rookie contract for this season and next season. It costs us almost nothing to see if he pans out (or not).

-He has a high, high ceiling. He was a #1 playing a #2 role, and his production was insane. He could regain form at any point.

-We would not garner much from trading him.

CONS:
    -He is headed straight towards another suspension. His low self esteem (which is my dime store analysis of his current mental state) will indeed lead to a relapse.

-He feels entitled. He thinks that just because he is now off of drugs that the world “owes” him something. You earn everything in life (including targets), and it starts by trying hard in practice.

-He is taking zero ownership. He is throwing everyone else under the bus for his lack of targets; maybe it is justified, but him not even turning to locate a deep ball is indicative of him not being a part of his own solution. JuJu has fewer targets, but somehow has outperformed him.

-Similar to the last point, he feels that he got off of drugs “on his own” and that no one helped him. The Steelers have been extremely patient with him, and admittedly, they aren’t 100% altruistic (they know how good he can be); still, the way he talks about the organization is very much like a 16 year old who doesn’t appreciate their free house & board they receive.

-Twitter. Ugh. At least Bell tries to be funny (while he often goes over the top), but Bell is not derisive like Bryant is. Bryant is moments away from imploding.

I assume this is the agent

"He wants out," a source close to Bryant said. "Point blank."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...source-affirms

Ben explains how getting more playing time works

He appreciates Smith-Schuster’s big plays a lot more than his touchdown celebrations. It’s not just Smith-Schuster’s catches. It’s his work in the run game.
    “The dirty work,” Roethlisberger called it.

Smith-Schuster played a part in Bell’s 134-yard rushing day against the Bengals just as he did in Bell’s 179-yard game a week earlier in Kansas City.

“Part of the reason Martavis’ snap count has gone down is the effort in the run game by JuJu,” Roethlisberger said. “He’s done some big-time things.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/r...s/201710230090

But no worries - Ben will calm this down on his Tuesday morning radio appearance

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I assume this is the agent

"He wants out," a source close to Bryant said. "Point blank."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...source-affirms

Ben explains how getting more playing time works

He appreciates Smith-Schuster’s big plays a lot more than his touchdown celebrations. It’s not just Smith-Schuster’s catches. It’s his work in the run game.
    “The dirty work,” Roethlisberger called it.

Smith-Schuster played a part in Bell’s 134-yard rushing day against the Bengals just as he did in Bell’s 179-yard game a week earlier in Kansas City.

“Part of the reason Martavis’ snap count has gone down is the effort in the run game by JuJu,” Roethlisberger said. “He’s done some big-time things.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/r...s/201710230090

But no worries - Ben will calm this down on his Tuesday morning radio appearance

So you are putting this on Ben??? I have no problem with anything Ben said. He is giving credit the JuJu and at same time explaining to the press why Bryant's targets have gone down. If Bryant wants more targets then he needs to prove himself worthy...like catching long passes thrown his way. Hell he didn't even put out an effort to reach for it, and stop trying to blame others for everything wrong in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    So you are putting this on Ben??? I have no problem with anything Ben said. He is giving credit the JuJu and at same time explaining to the press why Bryant's targets have gone down. If Bryant wants more targets then he needs to prove himself worthy...like catching long passes thrown his way. Hell he didn't even put out an effort to reach for it, and stop trying to blame others for everything wrong in your life.
    No

I am not putting this on Ben - I am observing that over the years Ben has used his Tuesday morning radio appearance to stir the pot

This year has featured calling out AB after the Ravens game and commenting on Bryant's agent & girlfriend last week

I agree with Ben's postgame comments - that is why I posted them