Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heroes/Goats vs Bungles

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Heroes/Goats vs Bungles

Barf-face may get another suspension.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Just to add more good news, Burfict may face discipline for kicking Nix in the head in the 1st half

Nix is not a person to mess with. Dude will pancake your coward ass on the field legally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Bryant is just lost right now...wish they would legalize weed then hed be awesome again

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Just to add more good news, Burfict may face discipline for kicking Nix in the head in the 1st half

Yes I said that from the game day thread that noone not even the officials even saw

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

how is he still allowed to be in this league?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Bryant is just lost right now...wish they would legalize weed then hed be awesome again

He's just gotta fight through it. We need to support him, he'll be dominant again, he just has to re-learn it.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    how is he still allowed to be in this league?

Burfict has injured people, is always trying to injure people, and takes cheap shots and punk dirty hits with intent to injure constantly.

He is allowed to drag down the entire league and endangering the careers of others, while guys that smoke some weed are missing entire seasons and run the risk of being banished from the NFL forever. What the F is the NFL doing?

They need to do everyone a favor and throw this asshole out of the league for a year. Then, if he farts on the field, he needs to be removed permanently. His behavior is completely unacceptable and dangerous.

The NFL's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Burfict has injured people, is always trying to injure people, and takes cheap shots and punk dirty hits with intent to injure constantly.

He is allowed to drag down the entire league and endangering the careers of others, while guys that smoke some weed are missing entire seasons and run the risk of being banished from the NFL forever. What the F is the NFL doing?

They need to do everyone a favor and throw this asshole out of the league for a year. Then, if he farts on the field, he needs to be removed permanently. His behavior is completely unacceptable and dangerous.

BengalGirl5150 was on Twitter trying to justify the kick.

Nix blocked him in the back first.”

Block in the back: 10-yard penalty
    Kick to the head: personal foul, with possible ejection

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Frontier justice coming - some O-Lineman will blow out his knee

Bart Scott described how players view this works when talking about Hines Ward in a classic Mike Wilbon column before the 2008 season AFC championship

"His time will come. He'll get his. . . . He'll come across the middle one day, and someone will hit him or take out his knee. The guy will be fined, and [Ward] will be gone. No one will care. No one will even care. No one will send him any cards saying they're sorry. Not to that guy. . . . You reap what you sow."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...1604667_2.html

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Hero: Bell
    Goat: Bryant. His attitude is wearing thin.

Making sure their players don't participate in something that is still illegal according to federal laws, which everyone seems to forget, trumps state laws.

Here's my take. I was okay with Harrison's fines and suspension because the NFL was being very clear that they no longer wanted shots to the head, and it was the player's responsibility to change the way he played including being in more control of yourself throughout the tackle. Now, the league has made it clear that Burfict's actions are not acceptable. He has been repeatedly fined and even suspended. Now, this. It is a blatant act after a play, and, moreover, it was aimed directly at the head.
    If the NFL is serious about limited head injuries, then Burfict needs to be suspended for attempting a kick to the head after the play concluded.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Bart Scott described how players view this works when talking about Hines Ward in a classic Mike Wilbon column before the 2008 season AFC championship

"His time will come. He'll get his. . . . He'll come across the middle one day, and someone will hit him or take out his knee. The guy will be fined, and [Ward] will be gone. No one will care. No one will even care. No one will send him any cards saying they're sorry. Not to that guy. . . . You reap what you sow."

Didn't end up happening did it. Plus I find it ironic a Ravens player (at that time) complaining about another player being dirty

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Heroes: Tomlin and the coaching staff to get the team back to basics. Loved the awareness of Golden on the fake punt. LB (especially the OLB) finally got it going when the old timer came in. I think he gave Dupree and Watt wake up call. The D woke up after Harrison played a few downs. Conner is nice to have as a back up RB, glad to see he got a couple of touches.

Goats: Short yardage needs serious work.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Making sure their players don't participate in something that is still illegal according to federal laws, which everyone seems to forget, trumps state laws.

Here's my take. I was okay with Harrison's fines and suspension because the NFL was being very clear that they no longer wanted shots to the head, and it was the player's responsibility to change the way he played including being in more control of yourself throughout the tackle. Now, the league has made it clear that Burfict's actions are not acceptable. He has been repeatedly fined and even suspended. Now, this. It is a blatant act after a play, and, moreover, it was aimed directly at the head.
    If the NFL is serious about limited head injuries, then Burfict needs to be suspended for attempting a kick to the head after the play concluded.

I understand that marijuana is illegal. I'm speaking directly to how the NFL handles and punishes players for that offense. If they're caught smoking weed, they are at their homes and free men but they can't play professional football. The degree of punishment needs to change in regard to marijuana use compared to how a dangerous player like Burfict is punished for endangering careers.

That was the direct comparison I made.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

A couple of my heroes were Nix and Decastro. Awesome blocking and protected their players. Nix was ready to pound Burfict, if he tried to do something dirty to Bell.

Heroes: Bell & Boswell

Goat: Haley

Ben shared his thoughts on the cluster at the end of the first half

“We had a pass play called and we had a really good look, so I’m not sure what happened,” Roethlisberger said. “There was a timeout, and we changed the play because we had a timeout. I heard Todd just telling me, ‘We have a timeout, so let’s change the play.’

“I was a little frustrated with that because I don’t think that’s the time or the place for that. Ya got seven seconds, I believe it was seven or eight [actually 12] with the timeout, that’s at least two shots in the end zone [with passes], but you know, we run the plays that are called. They must have saw something and thought we could get it, but I hate to just get three points down there.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/g...s/201710230091

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Frontier justice coming - some O-Lineman will blow out his knee

Reminds me of Bill Laimbeer. Asshole/cheap shot artist.

BTW, I hate the Celtics but this was great.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Hero = Bell is the team MVP

Honorable mention = Golden to Bey STs play is the best gadget play since the Super Bowl in 2005.

Goat = Haley needs a drug test or call in sick for a couple of weeks.
    All Defense!

I understand that marijuana is illegal. I'm speaking directly to how the NFL handles and punishes players for that offense. If they're caught smoking weed, they are at their homes and free men but they can't play professional football. The degree of punishment needs to change in regard to marijuana use compared to how a dangerous player like Burfict is punished for endangering careers.

That was the direct comparison I made.
    Ahh. Okay, we're a lot closer to agreeing then. Personally, I have no problem with the drug policy. So, let's go ahead and up the dangerous play policy to the same. If you're to the point where you get suspended for four games, the next dangerous play should get you a year.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">