Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitchell Fined $48K For Smith Hit

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Mitchell Fined $48K For Smith Hit

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    2018 is last year on contract - with his bonus having been restructured after he signed his 5 year deal in 2014, Mitchell is an $8.1 million cap hit if he stays in 2018 - $1.76 dead money cap hit if released

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburg...mitchell-5895/
    Oldest starter on the defense now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Minkah Fitzpatrick will be long gone. And, we might need to get a QB.

But...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Mitchell is making $5,000,000 this year in salary along with his bonus

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburg...mitchell-5895/

At either $48K or $9K the amount of the fines is monopoly money, not a life changing event - what is important is it sets him up as a repeat offender who is going to get a suspension sooner rather than later

Hopefully he will try to get under control (highly unlikely) for the rest of this season - with his cap hit I bet this is his last season in Pittsburgh
    Of course. All of these fines are chump change to these guys.

As I said previously, I'm not a fan of Mitchell. I hope that he's gone after this season but we'll need to replace him with someone. Our Safety depth isn't very good. I like what I've seen of Wilcox so far but I'd rather see more of a ball hawk back there along with Davis.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He was clearly tripped on the replay from behind the play. He shouldn't have been fined at all, but that's the NFL.

I know I was giving him some shit and saying it may have been a dirty hit, but I wanted to see a better replay from a different angle. That was until I saw the replay that the network never showed. It did look bad with the views they gave us on game day.