Thread: Andrew Luck Shut Down Again

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Andrew Luck Shut Down Again

Colts have done a brilliant job of diagnosing and rehabbing Andrew Luck's shoulder injury

The Indianapolis Colts are shutting down their $140 million quarterback, for now, placing Andrew Luck’s 2017 season in doubt and likely dashing whatever fading hopes this flawed football team has at making a run at the postseason.The setback arrives ten months after Luck underwent surgery on his throwing shoulder and two weeks after he finally returned to the practice field. He recently underwent a cortisone shot to ease the soreness he’s been battling in recent weeks as his throwing routine has amped up

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ard/777445001/
    Steelers play Colts in three weeks - doubtful they see Luck although if that would be his rusty first game back it might not be any worse than facing Jacoby Brissett after Brissett has been starting for several weeks

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Andrew Luck Shut Down Again

Brissett has been playing well but that team, other than Hilton, is a disaster at almost every position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Heard on the radio this morning....Herm Edwards said that injury is a 1 year injury. Takes a complete year to heal and rest and get it back fully. Luck injured his in January. Colts are already mathematically eliminated.(Not really but you know it, I know it) What is the big rush to bring him back before he's 100% healed? There will be a next season as far as we all know, right? Colts need to show patience here.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Colts fans better hope Irsay doesn't use the luck injury as an excuse to keep Pagano after this season

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Heard on the radio this morning....Herm Edwards said that injury is a 1 year injury. Takes a complete year to heal and rest and get it back fully. Luck injured his in January. Colts are already mathematically eliminated.(Not really but you know it, I know it) What is the big rush to bring him back before he's 100% healed? There will be a next season as far as we all know, right? Colts need to show patience here.
    He went through it with Pennington who was never the same.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

This is why I didn't want us to trade for him in our hypothetical conversation about a 2 weeks or so ago. I'm not sure we ever see the same Luck again, it seems like he has been hurt his entire career.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    This is why I didn't want us to trade for him in our hypothetical conversation about a 2 weeks or so ago. I'm not sure we ever see the same Luck again, it seems like he has been hurt his entire career.
    Makes me appreciate how Ben apparently is made out of titanium and was able to make it this far after getting clobbered repeatedly during the first half of his career

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I bet Luck is not too excited about getting back onto the field to get clobbered until they fix the Oline.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

On the positive side, it will allow us to see if Jacoby Brissett has the potential to be a replacement for Ben.

What are everyone's thoughts on Brissett? I'm kind of liking what I'm seeing, but another 10 games will fill out the questionnaire.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Makes me appreciate how Ben apparently is made out of titanium and was able to make it this far after getting clobbered repeatedly during the first half of his career
    No doubt. We've been a lucky fan base to have him as our franchise QB.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    On the positive side, it will allow us to see if Jacoby Brissett has the potential to be a replacement for Ben.

What are everyone's thoughts on Brissett? I'm kind of liking what I'm seeing, but another 10 games will fill out the questionnaire.
    I haven't watch a Colts game this season. The more mobile, the better behind THAT line. In my memory of him playing when Brady/Gar got hurt, he moves pretty well but I don't remember him throwing.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays again.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

...and that clobbering includes his motorcycle accident.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The only thing mismanaged more than this Luck injury was the attempt by the Browns to trade for AJ McCarron.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The only thing mismanaged more than this Luck injury was the attempt by the Browns to trade for AJ McCarron.
    But that happened quickly

Mismanaging Luck has unfolded over years and took real planning

Gregg Doyel of the Indy Star reviews how many wrong turns were taken with Luck - running through the chronology makes you wonder how Pagano still has a job

Incompetent Colts engaged in 3 seasons of wishful thinking about Andrew Luck

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...yel/826540001/

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

But that happened quickly

Mismanaging Luck has unfolded over years and took real planning

Gregg Doyel of the Indy Star reviews how many wrong turns were taken with Luck - running through the chronology makes you wonder how Pagano still has a job

Incompetent Colts engaged in 3 seasons of wishful thinking about Andrew Luck

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...yel/826540001/
    That is basically criminal negligence on the Colts part. I understand no actual crime was committed, but seriously?

Your only legit building block gets injured in 2015 and you have him play through it for 2 years? His throwing shoulder? That is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard from a Non-Browns franchise.

I say the Steelers should trade some sort of raft of contingent draft picks and then IR Luck for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That is basically criminal negligence on the Colts part. I understand no actual crime was committed, but seriously?

Your only legit building block gets injured in 2015 and you have him play through it for 2 years? His throwing shoulder? That is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard from a Non-Browns franchise.

I say the Steelers should trade some sort of raft of contingent draft picks and then IR Luck for a year.

Andrew Luck may have played his last game with the colts

I hope he'll be healthy again and be in a good team and in a good organization.

If Roethlisberger retires after this year, I would love to see Luck with the Steelers, but that's just a dream but the colts may not have the choice to release Luck because of his contract ....

And Jim Irsay's comment was very stupid too ...

Just wow. Irsay has some nerve.

I’d give up whatever to get Luck to follow Ben...no doubt.

BostonBlackie

One of the things that impressed me about Luck is how into the game he gets. I remember him standing on the sidelines watching every one of the Patriots offensive plays during games against us. You never see that.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Sorry, but I don't want anything to do with Luck. He's damaged goods. A QB can't throw with a bad throwing shoulder. He'd have to sign a cheap "prove it" contract to show me that he's healthy.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert