Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For whom to root (Week 7):

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

For whom to root (Week 7):

For those of us who watch other games and want/need a rooting interest, here is a list of teams for whom you should root (because, it helps the Steelers):

Chiefs @ Raidahs
    At the beginning of the season, Da Raidahs looked like the team to beat. But, disarray and a Carr injury has left them spinning; meanwhile, the Chiefs are one game up on us in the seeding. Go Raidahs!!!

Ravens @ Vikings
    Duh. Go Vikings!!!

Jaguars @ Colts
    The Jags hold the tie-breaker over us. So, uh... go Colts.

Buccaneers @ Bills
    As much as I’d like to see the Bills (or Dolphins, or Jets) win that division, the general rule is to root for the NFC to beat the AFC. Go Bucs... but, I wouldn’t be that disappointed with a Bills victory.

Jets @ Dolphins
    It’s a wash. Like I said, I’d like for one of them to win the AFC East. So, coin flip.

Titans @ Browns
    Titans are leading their division. The Browns are not. Go Browns.

Broncos @ Chargers
    The Broncos are currently ahead of the Bolts. So, go Los Angeles!!!

Falcons @ Taperiots
    Duh. Go Falcons!!!!!

Enjoy the games.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: For whom to root (Week 7):

I like everything but I will cheer for the Bills.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Everything is good but Titans. F’ the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Did you see the end of the Chiefs-Raidahs game???

Holy crap!!! No time left/time was expired. Five attempts at a TD, with penalties & such... and Da Raidahs (finally) win.

One of the craziest “final” plays that I’ve ever, ever seen.

Oh... and the Steelers are now the #1 seed (and control their own destiny).

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Holy crap!!! No time left/time was expired. Five attempts at a TD, with penalties & such... and Da Raidahs (finally) win.

Spoiler alert - the Chiefs will not be playing in February

If the Steelers gave up an 85 yard drive in the lasrt 2:11 with the other team having 1 timeout that ended like this posters would say Tomlin and Butler should be fired in the locker room

Here is how the last 23 seconds went down - yikes

3rd and 10 at KC 29

• (0:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep left to J.Cook for 29 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep left to J.Cook to KC 1 for 28 yards (E.Murray).
      1st and Goal at KC 1
    • (0:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to M.Crabtree for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on OAK-M.Crabtree, Offensive Pass Interference, 9 yards, enforced at KC 1 - No Play.
    • (0:03 - 4th) Timeout #2 by KC at 00:03.1st and Goal at KC 10
    • (0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to J.Cook. PENALTY on KC-R.Parker, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at KC 10 - No Play.
    • (0:00 - 4th) Timeout #3 by KC at 00:00.1st and Goal at KC 5
    • (0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to C.Patterson. PENALTY on KC-E.Murray, Defensive Holding, 3 yards, enforced at KC 5 - No Play.1st and Goal at KC 2
    • (0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short left to M.Crabtree for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field was confirmed. G.Tavecchio extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Condo, Holder-M.King.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400951571

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Yep...if only the season ended today...lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If I watch NFL football for the next 50 years, there is about a .01% chance I'll see something like that again. That was f-ing crazy.
    On a related note, Chiefs are sorely missing Eric Berry right now. Their defense this year is bad

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Whole game was good and wild ending! Raiders D though looks like crap except for Mack and don't see them winning the division. Great to see them beat the Chiefs.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

That game was awesome!On Jets@Phins I root for the Jets, because they have no shot whatsoever to even come close to 9-7 (which is the worst I could possibly imagine for us, unless of course if Ben gets injured).

Question Re: For whom to root (Week 7):

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If I watch NFL football for the next 50 years, there is about a .01% chance I'll see something like that again. That was f-ing crazy.

My brother, father, bro-in-law, and a few other were all texting me saying essentially the same thing: “Are you watching this craziness!?!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Now onto rooting against the Pats. I swear, I enjoy rooting against them as much as I like rooting against Pitt. It's like I have two teams two cheer for each week with exception of Steelers and Pat's bye weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Now onto rooting against the Pats. I swear, I enjoy rooting against them as much as I like rooting for Pitt. It's like I have two teams two cheer for each week with exception of Steelers and Pat's bye weeks.
    Fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Fixed it
    Thanks.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

There was a thread several weeks ago about some of the Raiders allegedly allowing Carr to get the crap beat out of him in the Denver game.

More Raiders locker room drama tonight

The Oakland Raiders have a potentially season-killing locker room dynamic to solve. Especially in the wake of a potentially season-saving 31-30 win against the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday night to end a four-game losing streak and improve to 3-4 overall.

The question? Who, exactly, was Marshawn Lynch running on to the field to protect when a skirmish broke out in the wake of Raiders quarterback Derek Carr getting blasted by Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters in the second quarter? It was a hit that drew not only a flag, but the wrath of Raiders offensive linemen Donald Penn and Kelechi Osemele.

If it was Peters, Lynch's close friend from Oakland, then there are issues that a team meeting may not be able to resolve. Especially not with Lynch reportedly leaving Oakland Coliseum before halftime.

http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-rai...-lynch-dilemma

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Carr said immediately after the game in the Postgame show that he had spoken with Marshawn Lynch and thanked him for standing up for him. By that, I doubt that Lynch really left the building.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Players just can't go around doing this stuff. I'm happy the Raiders beat the Chiefs, but I hope Marshawn Lynch gets suspended in addition to a fine.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

For whom to root (Week 7):

If the Steelers play to their potential, they are easily the best team in the league...by far.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Spoiler alert - the Chiefs will not be playing in February

If the Steelers gave up an 85 yard drive in the lasrt 2:11 with the other team having 1 timeout that ended like this posters would say Tomlin and Butler should be fired in the locker room

Here is how the last 23 seconds went down - yikes

3rd and 10 at KC 29

• (0:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep left to J.Cook for 29 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep left to J.Cook to KC 1 for 28 yards (E.Murray).
      1st and Goal at KC 1
    • (0:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to M.Crabtree for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on OAK-M.Crabtree, Offensive Pass Interference, 9 yards, enforced at KC 1 - No Play.
    • (0:03 - 4th) Timeout #2 by KC at 00:03.1st and Goal at KC 10
    • (0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to J.Cook. PENALTY on KC-R.Parker, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at KC 10 - No Play.
    • (0:00 - 4th) Timeout #3 by KC at 00:00.1st and Goal at KC 5
    • (0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to C.Patterson. PENALTY on KC-E.Murray, Defensive Holding, 3 yards, enforced at KC 5 - No Play.1st and Goal at KC 2
    • (0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short left to M.Crabtree for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field was confirmed. G.Tavecchio extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Condo, Holder-M.King.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400951571
    I was watching the NLCS game and then switched over to this sequence. What a crazy ending.

Bump

Ravens trailing 12-6 in the 3rd.

Ravens lose 24-16

Flacco throws garbage time TD on last play of game to get over the 38&1/2 point over/under

Ravens are terrible

Steelers can pretty much wrap up the division with a win today. Which means they will probably lose because that would be to easy. They like to make it hard on themselves.

Poor Browns and I was actually rooting for them.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

With the Jags win, I was hoping for a Titan win today. Keeps them even at 4-3. Jags own the tie-breaker over us. We still need to beat the Titans and Texans for it to make a difference, but for today, keep the South division tied.

How’d we do thus far...

Vikings win
    Raidahs win
    Chargers win
    Bills win
    Dolphins win
    Titans win
    Jaguars win

Go FALCONS!!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The most important thing is controlling our destiny and the steelers control their destiny right now against every team

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The most important thing is controlling our destiny and the steelers control their destiny right now against every team
    BINGO!!!

Hideous Brady INT negated by roughing the passer, Patriots score TD from it. Pats getting really lucky this year

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

damn we should tweet that to tomlin. keep focus men!

Pats up 10-0. Pats defense is playing better