Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So about that OLB rotation...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: So about that OLB rotation...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The only way this happens is that there is an injury or the team sits one of the following each week:

Chickillo
    Grimble
    Allen

Looking over the active lists - everyone else has a STs role or would leave the Steelers dangerously unable to deal with game-day injuries.

I like Harrison as much as the next guy, but I'm not certain I see those 3 sitting consistently.

Now this upcoming week, Williams or Matakevich may not play - so the issue solves itself.
    Chances are that it will resolve itself the same way for the rest of the season. A different guy or two will be out for the remainder of the season, most likely.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So posed with a 100% healthy roster and it’s Super Bowl Sunday. Are you dressing Harrison?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So posed with a 100% healthy roster and it’s Super Bowl Sunday. Are you dressing Harrison?
    If we are seeing the same reps for Harrison as right now, no. Dance with the one(s) that got you there. I can't see him being a healthy scratch for a SB game, either. Somehow he would be on the field. Probably as a team captain too. My head says play the team that earned the game, my fan loyalty and love for #92 says he better be on the field. Not an easy question.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He had a pretty big impact in a pretty big game. I tend to say you figure out a way to dress him because of his veteran experience and leadership...the hard part is figuring out who sits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Absolutely.

There are many reasons why. Sentimental ones aside, considering it would be his last game, Deebo would give you LITERALLY 110%. For those who think that that is not mathematically possible, I cite the Chuck Norris paradox as my proof.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Absolutely.

There are many reasons why. Sentimental ones aside, considering it would be his last game, Deebo would give you LITERALLY 110%. For those who think that that is not mathematically possible, I cite the Chuck Norris paradox as my proof.
    LOL! As my son once told me. I add 2%milk to my whole milk and drink 102%milk.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

no doubt. i like this reasoning. if were to treat every game like a must win game, why wouldnt we activate a player THIS good?

Oh by the way guys since no one else has said it, lets not forget that Harrison used to play tons of special teams. Hell, he was still playing special teams toward the end of his 1st stint with the Steelers (and thats while starting)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.