Thread: AB Is The Best WR Since Rice

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

AB Is The Best WR Since Rice

Will he catch him who knows and possible but what a beast he is. I get tired of announcers saying he is arguably the best WR in football. Who the heck is arguing and he is by sure the best WR in football ? Ps. I love Romo as announcer but there is AB then the rest of the WR's in the league.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: AB Is The Best WR Since Rice

What he has done since 2013 has been amazing. Heck since then, he's done things not even Rice did. Longevity will be key with him, and the longer he does his thing, the better his standing in NFL history

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Agreed Bro!

- - - Updated - - -

If AB's career stop now he very well could make the hall of fame because that is how dominate he is and if they let Terrell Davis in.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Will he catch him who knows and possible but what a beast he is. I get tired of announcers saying he is arguably the best WR in football. Who the heck is arguing and he is by sure the best WR in football ? Ps. I love Romo as announcer but there is AB then the rest of the WR's in the league.
    At first I thought no way

But since Rice TO had 5 All Pro seasons and Moss had 4 (this link to All Pros over the years is great for anyone who has been a long time fan)

http://packers.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_NFL_All-Pro_Teams

Barring injury he is getting there with three straight All Pro seasons heading for 4 (Rice had 10 in 11 seasons from 1986-1996)

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

AB's concentration is amazing, it really is.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Agreed...i also have to say...Romo is the best analyst/announcer i have heard in a long time. Hes a sharp cookie that really understands

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

They all say he is arguably the best because there are always some homers that disagree...i was serious about romo...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Agreed...i also have to say...Romo is the best analyst/announcer i have heard in a long time. Hes a sharp cookie that really understands

Agreed and he is just likable as well. Millions times better then know it all Simm's. Damn if we could just get rid of Nance!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Antonio puts in the work, and it shows.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Inch for inch, he may be better. Rice was gifted with being taller. Brown is a grinder and you can see the effort he puts in and his intensity.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

AB is also undefeated against Gatorade coolers.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

When AB retires maybe he can be a wedding crasher like the GOAT also.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/1...49ers-bay-area

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

But Broadcasting HOF'er Ryan Clark says AB is just fooling us????

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The conversation should go AB, Moss and Megatron. Anything else is just nonsense and if AB keeps playing the way he is and is able to get through another contract after this, it could just be a Rice, AB converstaion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The conversation should go AB, Moss and Megatron. Anything else is just nonsense and if AB keeps playing the way he is and is able to get through another contract after this, it could just be a Rice, AB converstaion.
    I'd put AB over Megatron right now. Moss was a different cat. Moss was the most talented WR ever, but Rice had the greater career.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

AB has better TD celebrations than Rice.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Moss was the most talented WR ever, but Rice had the greater career.
    There was an article in SI about a decade ago, where Quinton Jammer described how difficult it was to cover Moss.

In a nutshell, Jammer said that he could usually get a read on when the ball was coming by looking for cues from the receiver: eyes getting bigger, hands moving into position, et cetera. But, with Moss, it was as if he was playing backyard football (so relaxed and nonchalant) that the ball would drop right into Moss's hands before any CB had a chance to react, let alone turn & look for the ball.

And, that was on top of the fact that Moss was far superior physically to any other player on the field.

If Moss had had AB's work ethic, Moss would have put up 2,000 yard seasons regularly.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

If Moss had had AB's work ethic, Moss would have put up 2,000 yard seasons regularly.
    QFT

Plus he's a much nicer guy than his reputation when he was playing.