Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant has requested a trade from the team

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Martavis Bryant has requested a trade from the team

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...eam-nfl-rumors

Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Martavis Bryant has requested a trade from the team

So....what's he unhappy about? Is the process taking too long? Did he not get enough targets to appease his fantasy followers? IDEA Martavis...try blocking for once.

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    So....what's he unhappy about? Is the process taking too long? Did he not get enough targets to appease his fantasy followers? IDEA Martavis...try blocking for once.
    Send him to Cleveland for Coates and a third round pick.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Trade him then. He's a "me first" player. He dogs it too much. I'd rather see Ju Ju at #2.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is the same guy that had Ben requesting a trade in 2013 and 2014.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Trade him then. He's a "me first" player. He dogs it too much. I'd rather see Ju Ju at #2.
    Agree 100%

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This is the same guy that had Ben requesting a trade in 2013 and 2014.
    Agreed, he's not going anywhere this season.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Guess what Martavis - Steelers will not trade you because with your suspension history and mediocre play this season there is a real question how good you still are after missing a full season and they are not trading you for a #6 pick

Play your ass off and get a big contract from anyone who signs you as a FA after 2018 if they want to risk $$$ on someone who is out of the league for good with their next positive or missed test

Until then go out to dinner and bitch with Eli Rogers about how unfair the NFL is

The JuJu pick keeps looking better and better - maybe Colbert has some clue what he is doing

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

From SD at the bottom, I believe this is Bryants girlfriend, the young lady who just bore him his son a few months back.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10...rade-steelers/

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Ordinarily I'd be like, this is a questionable story, where is this clown getting his information ... but it's Bryant, so really anything could be possible.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Who cares? Bryant is under contract until 2019 so it doesn't really matter what he wants or doesn't want.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

We just beat the best team in the league at their stadium. And this Jabroni wants to request a trade?!

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Ordinarily I'd be like, this is a questionable story, where is this clown getting his information ... but it's Bryant, so really anything could be possible.
    That was my line of thinking as well. Who knows, Rappaport's source might be the girlfriend?!

Anything is possible with any of these guys. But he is cheap, under contract, and talented (in theory) so unless he starts setting fires at the facility or gets stoned again - he isn't going anywhere until the off-season.

At least that is my guess. I've been wrong before and we could wake up tomorrow and Colbert could have him on a plane to the Giants for a bag of kicking tees.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

if this whole spiel is for real, itll leave an interesting predicament for the steelers receiving corp. AB is our Z receiver, but obviously he can play anywhere. Eli Rogers is a pure Z (slot) receiver. Juju is probably best suited as a slot receiver, and his increasing percentage of snaps towards the slot shows that the coaching staff like him there. Juju can definitely however, play in other spots. That leaves us with Justin Hunter, who is pretty much a pure X receiver and the only one left on the roster if Martavis is gone.

Do we really want to see Justin on the field?
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Trade him to Miami for Julius Thomas. We could use a play making TE

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That was my line of thinking as well. Who knows, Rappaport's source might be the girlfriend?!

Anything is possible with any of these guys. But he is cheap, under contract, and talented (in theory) so unless he starts setting fires at the facility or gets stoned again - he isn't going anywhere until the off-season.

At least that is my guess. I've been wrong before and we could wake up tomorrow and Colbert could have him on a plane to the Giants for a bag of kicking tees.
    With the giants down their top 3 receivers maybe we could get lucky and see them throw the house at us for Bryant? But Bryant has so many question marks and the Giants have essentially thrown away their season anyway so there seems to be little incentive for them to do so at this point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Trade him to Miami for Julius Thomas. We could use a play making TE
    They already have Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills, and Devante Parker. Doesnt seem to make sense

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    if this whole spiel is for real, itll leave an interesting predicament for the steelers receiving corp. AB is our Z receiver, but obviously he can play anywhere. Eli Rogers is a pure Z (slot) receiver. Juju is probably best suited as a slot receiver, and his increasing percentage of snaps towards the slot shows that the coaching staff like him there. Juju can definitely however, play in other spots. That leaves us with Justin Hunter, who is pretty much a pure X receiver and the only one left on the roster if Martavis is gone.

Do we really want to see Justin on the field?
    Be fine with Hunter and want a player who is appreciative for any playing time. Bryant is very Expendable this year, I would expect a call from Stallone for him to be in his latest flick!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

If true, it's not surprising. It's rare to find Heath Millers in the NFL today.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    If true, it's not surprising. It's rare to find Heath Millers in the NFL today.
    He's a Ding Bat player.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

More drama...... I thought the season already started. Shouldn't we be talking about the games by now???

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

we better get nothing less then a 2nd round pick if we do follow through with his wishes. Or a play making TE. Or a backup QB thats worth a damn

Draft day trade.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

He is just an immature guy, this team stuck by him after getting suspended for a whole season and he does this smh. Shame he hasn't grown up since his days at Clemson. Just Selfish.

But tbh If I'm the Steelers, I'm not trading him, he is still on his rookie deal and they have him under contract for next season.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    He is just an immature guy, this team stuck by him after getting suspended for a whole season and he does this smh. Shame he hasn't grown up since his days at Clemson. Just Selfish.

But tbh If I'm the Steelers, I'm not trading him, he is still on his rookie deal and they have him under contract for next season.
    This.

That said, if I can get a TE or a R2 pick for him, I’d consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    we better get nothing less then a 2nd round pick if we do follow through with his wishes. Or a play making TE. Or a backup QB thats worth a damn
    Trade Bryant and Landry for Hoyer and a 3rd from SF or even a 4th.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

So let's play devil's advocate and say Steelers do trade him. Without AB and likely without a QB of Ben's caliber (even if he's currently not what he was) we'll likely be seeing the headline this time next year saying "Bryant unhappy in (insert city here). Is requesting a trade." Biggest loser of any trade will most likely be Bryant himself as he ends up a taller version of Mike Wallace

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    We just beat the best team in the league at their stadium. And this Jabroni wants to request a trade?!
    My understanding is that this happened weeks ago and is now just coming out.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

well it seems like every deep ball is just a little long for him. maybe dive give it a little extra on run plays. wtf id start hunter and let him sit in street cloths

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga