Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant has requested a trade from the team

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Martavis Bryant has requested a trade from the team

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Draft day trade.
    this is a good QB draft so if we find one dropping that we like he would make good bait
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That was my line of thinking as well. Who knows, Rappaport's source might be the girlfriend?!

Anything is possible with any of these guys. But he is cheap, under contract, and talented (in theory) so unless he starts setting fires at the facility or gets stoned again - he isn't going anywhere until the off-season.

At least that is my guess. I've been wrong before and we could wake up tomorrow and Colbert could have him on a plane to the Giants for a bag of kicking tees.
    Remember when I posted in defense of Le'Veon Bell to consider the possibility the players know as much if not more about the game than we do?

There is an exception to every rule - I do not include Martavis in that group - he is physically gifted but continues to give the impression he otherwise is pretty much clueless

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Bryant just tweeted:

Big win today and tomorrow right back to work tomorrow I am happy to be a steeler and can't wait to reach number 7 this year.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Who cares? Bryant is under contract until 2019 so it doesn't really matter what he wants or doesn't want.
    Sure, but the fact the guy has 1.5 years on his contract and has such potential, I think that gives him some value. Giants and Jets could use WR's. See if they can get a 4th round pick for him and move on to JuJu, Hunter, Rogers, DHB. OR maybe see what you can do in the offseason.

My bet is he violates the substance abuse policy anyways, so see if you can find a sucker like the Bills or Jets to trade for him. To steal a phrase about an old Bears DE....."talent of a Worldbeater, but head of an eggbeater".

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Bryant just tweeted:

Big win today and tomorrow right back to work tomorrow I am happy to be a steeler and can't wait to reach number 7 this year.
    Good work by the agent to get that posted

Next job for the agent is to ask Bryant do you tell your girlfriend to STFU and quit posting or do I have to do it?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Sure, but the fact the guy has 1.5 years on his contract and has such potential, I think that gives him some value. Giants and Jets could use WR's. See if they can get a 4th round pick for him and move on to JuJu, Hunter, Rogers, DHB. OR maybe see what you can do in the offseason.

My bet is he violates the substance abuse policy anyways, so see if you can find a sucker like the Bills or Jets to trade for him. To steal a phrase about an old Bears DE....."talent of a Worldbeater, but head of an eggbeater".
    You're right in that all they'd get is a 4th at best. We'd probably have to give up a 6th in addition. People who think trades happen for 1-2 rounders aren't paying attention to the landscape.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

-He posts insecure tweet when JuJu gets drafted.
    -the PG reports Bryant in the dog house and we may see more of Eli Rogers this week
    -a source tells ESPN that Bryant is complaining of the sub packages that put JuJu in and take Bryant out.
    -a source tells Rappaport Bryant wants a trade.

Now its all fake news? Where there is smoke there is usually fire, or else its just from Santonio Holmes joint.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I saw the name "Ian Rappaport" and immediately tuned out. If there's anything going on, I'll wait to hear it from a reputable source.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I agree with an earlier poster...my bet is he will violate substance abuse policy anyway...some of these players are so dumb. Just like the kneeling for the anthem I think these players know they are dumb but latched on to something they thought would make them look smart but to us made them look more stupid.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    This quote from the linked article

“One of my teammates from over there told me there was a game plan around me the whole week, so it was good to hear about that, them letting me know that they're cautious about me having a breakout game,” Bryant said. “But we got the win, I'm happy, onto the next one.”

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/ind...rt_river_index

Transcript of Chiefs coaches breaking down film before Steelers game

Andy Reid: So to sum up, the defensive game plan is to stop Bryant - with 15 catches for 204 yards after 5 weeks the Steelers offense obviously revolves around him - do not recall seeing anyone more impressive than he was after his 5 catches for 21 yards against Jacksonville

Andy - do we know who that guy wearing number 26 is?

Reid: No idea - someone have a Steelers roster?

Andy - do we have any film on number 84?

Reid: Maybe, but why waste time looking at that? The key is stopping Bryant at all costs. Stop Bryant and nobody else on that team can hurt us.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I agree with an earlier poster...my bet is he will violate substance abuse policy anyway...some of these players are so dumb. Just like the kneeling for the anthem I think these players know they are dumb but latched on to something they thought would make them look smart but to us made them look more stupid.

Way to force that into the conversation. But I thought we all just wanted to talk football and leave the politics behind? Isn't this supposed to be a break from the media driven stories and the cares of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post

Spoiler alert - there is a thread about the anthem dispute in The Soapbox

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think this is all pretty hilarious. I have no doubt Bryant is pissed off. While he may have faced adversity in his life outside of football, this is likely the first time he has faced adversity on the football field. Imagine how much of head trip that is for a guy who has likely always taken for granted that on-field success would be there for him. Plus Bryant has not demonstrated himself to be the most stable and rationale guy ever.

So he starts running his mouth to everyone he can find. Likely told the team to "use him or trade him" weeks ago. Everyone likely rolled their eyes as soon as he walked away. He isn't getting traded and one big game will cure what ails Bryant.

I also imagine this kind of stuff happens all the time in a league filled with egos and idiots. Now with social media and everyone wanting to be a "source" we just hear about this stuff. It isn't so much that it is "fake news" it just isn't actionable news!

I also imagine this kind of stuff happens all the time in a league filled with egos and idiots. Now with social media and everyone wanting to be a "source" we just hear about this stuff. It isn't so much that it is "fake news" it just isn't actionable news!
    Nope - no player in the history of the NFL has ever complained to his wife or his girlfriend about playing time or how he is being used by the coaches or QB

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Martavis Bryant has requested a trade from the team

How does anyone know it’s not as simple as Bryant saying: “Hey, if I’m not gonna play much, would you consider trading me to a place that I can get more playing time. I’m happy here, but I’d like more playing time.” Then his coked up girlfriend opens her fat mouth.

No one knows the context of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I saw the name "Ian Rappaport" and immediately tuned out. If there's anything going on, I'll wait to hear it from a reputable source.
    Ian Fake Report

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

According to the report I read it was after week 5...... that was LAST WEEK, not weeks ago. That said, no way I trade him. He's on the cheap for this year and next. He can suck it up. But...... I'd also like to see a few more targets to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    According to the report I read it was after week 5...... that was LAST WEEK, not weeks ago. That said, no way I trade him. He's on the cheap for this year and next. He can suck it up. But...... I'd also like to see a few more targets to him.
    If it was after week five it might have had something to do with both the quality of the 8 targets he received (5 receptions/21 yards on short passes) and Ben forcing the ball to Brown on 19 targets, including INTs 2 and 3.

Recall that Bryant threw shade at AB after the Battle Of The Gatorade Tub

But I agree he is not going anywhere for now unless he decides he will be playing for nobody by blazing to take his troubles away

Ben also said he "may have lost it" after week 5. Then he got mad at others for questioning his ability when he did it himself. Hopefully Bryant was just frustrated and will turn it around.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I guess my question would be that if a player really isn't happy being here, how hard will he play ? I do like the idea of getting a good TE though, we definitely need one. But now it seems the rumor was a rumor...... I'm confused. It's just a real good situation having so much talent and only 1 football to play with. ( I still would like to see a good TE .... that would be icing on the cake so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I guess my question would be that if a player really isn't happy being here, how hard will he play?
    The usual concern is a player quits playing hard after he gets the big contract/signing bonus, not before - if Bryant plans to stay in the NFL past 2018 and get any kind of major multi-year deal he needs to perform given the obvious risk that will go with signing him for a serious bonus

Ben also said he "may have lost it" after week 5. Then he got mad at others for questioning his ability when he did it himself. Hopefully Bryant was just frustrated and will turn it around.
    I think Ben was being sarcastic about his performance to reporters. He knows that he didn't play well vs JAX, but he also knows that at least 2 of those picks were the fault of the ball being tipped at the LOS, or JuJu falling down. Ben's play is ability and his career is winding down, but he just doesn't "loose it" completely and the Steelers don't have a better option on the team anyways.

Bryant is actually expendable at this point.

No surprise this has now generated the mandatory Hot Takes by the national sports media complex

Stephen A. calls out Bryant for trade request.

Stephen A. Smith is shocked that Steelers RB Martavis Bryant has "the nerve" to want out of Pittsburgh.

"You gotta lot of damn nerve, bro"

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21041713

If only the Steelers would not have traded Bryant's heir apparent Sammie Coates

2017 Gamelog Stats
    Week Opp Result Target Rec Yard Avg TD Att Yard Avg TD FPts
    2 at BAL L 10-24 4 0 0 - 0 0 0 - 0 0.0
    6 at HOU L 17-33 2 1 11 11.0 0 0 0 - 0 1.1

I think Ben was being sarcastic about his performance to reporters. He knows that he didn't play well vs JAX, but he also knows that at least 2 of those picks were the fault of the ball being tipped at the LOS, or JuJu falling down. Ben's play is ability and his career is winding down, but he just doesn't "loose it" completely and the Steelers don't have a better option on the team anyways.

He's expendable based on the first 6 weeks. Maybe Bryant was being sarcastic too!

I'd be up for a trade if:

A. He was costing us anything - which he isn't
    B. He'd get us anything - which he won't

He's expendable based on the first 6 weeks. Maybe Bryant was being sarcastic too!

I'd be up for a trade if:

A. He was costing us anything - which he isn't
    B. He'd get us anything - which he won't
    Maybe he was being sarcastic, but I don't think so. I tend to agree with you on a and partly B, as we might get a 4th round pick out of him and I would take that for a guy that is one hash brownie away from a suspension, that doesn't think he is getting enough passes. Also;

C. if his attitude is detrimental to the locker room.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It might be wise to keep giving him opportunities.

If he and Ben can get on the same page by the playoffs, we could be hard to stop.

And if Bryant finishes as strong as he is capable of, it would likely add a lot to his trade value...or we just keep him.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Maybe he was being sarcastic, but I don't think so. I tend to agree with you on a and partly B, as we might get a 4th round pick out of him and I would take that for a guy that is one hash brownie away from a suspension, that doesn't think he is getting enough passes. Also;

C. if his attitude is detrimental to the locker room.
    At this point. C. seems to fit right in with that locker room.

And I don't think Ben was being sarcastic either. He was emotionally depleted and thinking out loud. I look forward to hearing the next stupid thing he has to say on his radio show.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, I'd trade him for Carmelo Anthony.