Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Hits: Steelers @ Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quick Hits: Steelers @ Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Quick Hits: Steelers @ Chiefs

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

First time this year, both AB and LeVeon topped 100 yards in the same game

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Toradol is ready, willing and able to help

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    gilbert's face is just as priceless
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

heres a nugget none of us would have expected after 6 games: Vince Williams is leading the team in sacks with 4. He may not be as good at blitzing as LT was in his prime, but he's doing a good impression
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quick hits? Harrison is still the best OLB on the team.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Quick hits? Harrison is still the best OLB on the team.
    LMAO. He comes in at the end of the game when the O line is tired and gets a sack because he outpowers the guy . . .something we all know he can do. At his age, he's pretty much a one-tool player. You line him up and say, "Go get the QB." That's far from being the "best OLB on the team." Now, you wanna argue he's still the best power rusher on the team? Go ahead, I won't argue that with you at all. Wanna argue that he could drop back and because of his football knowledge, still make a play in the secondary once in a while? Sure, I'll give that to you as well. But best OLB on the team? For one play, sure. When he's tasked with "Go get the QB." But, for a whole game where he has to do more than just bullrush at the QB, or even a season's worth of games? Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather put my money on Watt than Harrison.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Steelers won the Line of Scrimmage on both sides and that allowed Bell and Ben to produce on offense and kept Alex Smith from being able to look around too long. We can see what happens when he gets time, like exploiting Artie Burns for losing DeAnthony Thomas on that TD reception.

Also, Mike Mitchell is trying to overtake Suggs for biggest douchebag in the AFC North, with that late hit at the knees of Smith. I'm ashamed that he is a Steeler.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Also, Mike Mitchell is trying to overtake Suggs for biggest douchebag in the AFC North, with that late hit at the knees of Smith. I'm ashamed that he is a Steeler.
    Agreed about Mitchell - missed tackles and tiresome celebrations

Smith had some salty postgame comments about that hit

"Certainly when I got fired up, I thought [the hit] was pretty late,'' said Smith, who screamed something at Mitchell after the hit. "I mean, when you get hit in the back of your knee like that, I didn't understand how that happened. Certainly guys falling, rushing the quarterback, I get it when it's happening from the front and guys are trying hard. That one to me just seemed so weird to get hit that low coming from behind."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-mike-mitchell

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Maybe its time the league sat Mitchell a game or two. I'm growing tired of his antics.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    heres a nugget none of us would have expected after 6 games: Vince Williams is leading the team in sacks with 4.
    Yep.

I’d have lost money on that prop bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    heres a nugget none of us would have expected after 6 games: Vince Williams is leading the team in sacks with 4. He may not be as good at blitzing as LT was in his prime, but he's doing a good impression
    He's also #2 in tackles on the team behind Shazier.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Bell vs KC
    Sunday: 32 carries, 179 yards, 1 TD2016 playoffs: 30 carries, 170 yardsWeek 4, 2016: 18 carries, 144 yardsWeek 6, 2015: 17 carries 121 yardsTotal: 97 carries 614 6.3 ypg average
    At this rate, he will post something like 37 carries, 230 yards, 2 TDs in the Playoffs.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

+2 The fact he missed on the sack, then got cheap in his frustration. I recall him going ape shit earlier in the game (in his usual way) while the other guy is still lying on the ground waiting for the medical to come out... don't we all bitch about the Burfict's of the world for the same thing. Don't be a Burfict.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    LMAO. He comes in at the end of the game when the O line is tired and gets a sack because he outpowers the guy . . .something we all know he can do. At his age, he's pretty much a one-tool player. You line him up and say, "Go get the QB." That's far from being the "best OLB on the team." Now, you wanna argue he's still the best power rusher on the team? Go ahead, I won't argue that with you at all. Wanna argue that he could drop back and because of his football knowledge, still make a play in the secondary once in a while? Sure, I'll give that to you as well. But best OLB on the team? For one play, sure. When he's tasked with "Go get the QB." But, for a whole game where he has to do more than just bullrush at the QB, or even a season's worth of games? Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather put my money on Watt than Harrison.
    From here on he's our pinch hitter!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I have read that Deebo is fiercely loyal to Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

Le’Veon Bell is so good, because he’s patient. He gets the ball, stops to have a cup of coffee, reads the paper... and gets into a Twitter fight with Ryan Clark.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Is it bad that I only watch these when we win?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Is it bad that I only watch these when we win?
    Not at all. I get it.

That said, some of the funnnier stuff that he says comes after losses.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Not at all. I get it.

That said, some of the funnnier stuff that he says comes after losses.
    I totally agree. Some of those are the best. You just have to separate yourself from the losses and wins to some extent. Makes it easier to assess WTF went wrong I think. Lol

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'm no fan of Mitchell and am extremely tired of his antics but go watch a replay of that play again. Mitchell got tripped up by Chickillo and that was the reason why he went into Smith's knees.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Umm, I'm pretty sure the Bengirls are still in the AFC North

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I didn’t look at a replay of the Mitchell hit but during the game, it looked like he was pushed down from behind and stumbled in to Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler