Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Hits: Steelers @ Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Re: Quick Hits: Steelers @ Chiefs

Something that I haven't come across that needs to be said. Two of the most bizarre plays that kept the Steelers from putting the game away in the 3rd quarter were by their two best players. On consecutive drives LeVeon Bell and then Antonio Brown didn't get to the first down marker when clearly the opportunity was there to do so. Wasn't even difficult. It's as if they got lost on the field. Both are usually very aware where the marker is. But on those two plays it's as if they forgot what the game situation was. If either of those first downs are converted there's a real good chance the Steelers extend their lead.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Quick Hits: Steelers @ Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Something that I haven't come across that needs to be said. Two of the most bizarre plays that kept the Steelers from putting the game away in the 3rd quarter were by their two best players. On consecutive drives LeVeon Bell and then Antonio Brown didn't get to the first down marker when clearly the opportunity was there to do so. Wasn't even difficult. It's as if they got lost on the field. Both are usually very aware where the marker is. But on those two plays it's as if they forgot what the game situation was. If either of those first downs are converted there's a real good chance the Steelers extend their lead.

That is exactly what I was texting my bro-in-law on Sunday.

Bell got 9 yards, but then went east-west.

AB got 10 yards, but went back south 2 yards.

Both players needed to get NORTH.