Why wasn't this posted yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Heroes: O-line, Bell, Brown, Harrison

Goats: Burns
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Heroes and Goats

Bell and Defense for Heroes.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

we were waiting for you, where the hell have you been?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Heroes: AB, LB, O-line, V.Williams

and the old guy:

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Brown.

Hands down.

That touchdown was ridiculous.

I have never seen a receiver with such intense focus and body control for making plays.

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 10-15-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Bell(BEST RB IN THE NFL), Brown(BEST WR IN THE NFL), o-line, defense(pass defense started to fall apart in the 4th), Ben for not turning the ball over 5 times.
    My only complaints today: 1. They left plays on the field today offensively Imo. 2. Butler needs to stop with the 3 man rushes on defense, gives QB's too much time to find holes in the zones, helped KC get back into the game. 3. Wtf was Burns doing today after starting strong.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Heroes: Bell, AB, Deebo, and the rest of the defense for most of the day

Goats: Todd Haley and the refs who tried to get KC to win

Heroes: Defense. Bell. Burns made several great plays as well, but I'll give him an HM instead.

Goats: Haley. Going 5-wide on third down so many times was shameful. At least keep Bell in to chip at someone before a swing pattern. HM Goat. Jordan Berry. Short kick when we needed a deep kick, then on the last punt, he outkicks the coverage that creates a nice return. If you're going to outkick the coverage, put the ball OB.

LMBO at everyone giving Deebo a place as a Hero. Sure, he had a couple nice plays at the end, but Hilton, the entire d-line, and half the CBs deserve it more than him for the entire game they played. I'd give him an HM though.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Game balls:

Defense: Tuitt...constant nonstop pressure. Williams missed a tackle on one of Kareem Hunt's big plays but otherwise he had 2 drive destroying sacks and a lot of great run tackles. Its about time Williams had a good game, he had been underwhelming for most of the season.

Offense: Bell for playing like vintage Bell. Damn I wish Finney wouldnt have held on that ridiculous run that got called back. Would have put Bell over 200. And AB for being a closer and ridiculous hands on that TD catch. Tired of our offense playing like its allergic to the endzone when we have to hold the lead, but glad that AB was going for the kill all along.

Special shout out to Mike Hilton: He had some great screen killing tackles and his CB blitzes are becoming the stuff of nightmares. There were a bunch of plays where Smith had receivers wide open but had to misfire because Hilton brought the heat. 2 or 3 of those Hilton blitzes arguably saved multiple touchdowns
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Hilton is a good one we always forget and love his speed and play.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hilton got a one armed tackle on Kelce for a loss while engaged with a blocker? Ridiculous.

Burns is still learning how to play zone. Saw those growing pains today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Burns knock is he truly has tackle issues.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I gave Burns the Goat Award, not just because he left players open, but because he gave zero effort after missing his tackle on the Chiefs TD pass. He literally didn't even try to hustle back up to attempt another tackle. He let Thomas run in the endzone. I would bench him if I was the HC. Sorry, I know that will upset certain fans here, but I have zero tolerance for willful laziness/lack of effort.

Start watching Burns at about the 7:48 mark in the video.
    Hater = Realist

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bell was the best player on either team today. The holding call on Finney was a phantom hold call designed to keep KC in the game. I think Haley not calling 3 pass plays at the 2 was a needed change. The prevent defense needs to go, don't give away yards like that anymore.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Game balls:

Defense: Tuitt...constant nonstop pressure. Williams missed a tackle on one of Kareem Hunt's big plays but otherwise he had 2 drive destroying sacks and a lot of great run tackles. Its about time Williams had a good game, he had been underwhelming for most of the season.

Offense: Bell for playing like vintage Bell. Damn I wish Finney wouldnt have held on that ridiculous run that got called back. Would have put Bell over 200. And AB for being a closer and ridiculous hands on that TD catch. Tired of our offense playing like its allergic to the endzone when we have to hold the lead, but glad that AB was going for the kill all along.

Special shout out to Mike Hilton: He had some great screen killing tackles and his CB blitzes are becoming the stuff of nightmares. There were a bunch of plays where Smith had receivers wide open but had to misfire because Hilton brought the heat. 2 or 3 of those Hilton blitzes arguably saved multiple touchdowns
    Hilton is a sparkplug. He brings it every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I gave Burns the Goat Award, not just because he left players open, but because he gave zero effort after missing his tackle on the Chiefs TD pass. He literally didn't even try to hustle back up to attempt another tackle. He let Thomas run in the endzone. I would bench him if I was the HC. Sorry, I know that will upset certain fans here, but I have zero tolerance for willful laziness/lack of effort.

Yea Archie we agree Meathead Burns does not like to tackle and is very bad at it. Why I said the knock on him he deserves it!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The D came to play once again and good to see Bell bring it as well.

AB was not a hero in my books the muffed punt not only gave KC momentum, but also gave them the lead be it only 1 point. Also the Int. was not on Ben AB did not run the route. All that being said that was a helluva catch so he's not a goat, but he was damn close.

Goat NEVER EVER rush just 3 it has NEVER EVER paid off in our favor. Bubble screen needs to be permanently removed from the books and burned and don't leave out the copy that Jay Glacier has.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Burns is still learning how to play zone. Saw those growing pains today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What difficult concept about the fact that he only has the right side boundary in pass coverage is still excusable as "growing pains"?

Burns was flat footed and staring in the backfield, while DeAnthony Thomas was 15 yards behind him. That is college sophomore level of play in zone coverage. The other one where he bailed out to leave Robinson alone was another huge mistake that could have easily been another TD. Its not growing pains, its not doing a basic job as a boundary CB.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

the red zone play calling by Haley was atrocious, wtf was he thinking?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    He's thinking that the refs should call the pass interference when the LB grabs Bell by the waist on a slant.
    He's also thinking that Finney should not give the D lineman in front of him a free run at Bell on a handoff to the left side.
    He's also thinking that message board posters do not know much about calling plays in an FBS game, let alone an NFL game......but it works in Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He's thinking that the refs should call the pass interference when the LB grabs Bell by the waist on a slant.
    He's also thinking that Finney should not give the D lineman in front of him a free run at Bell on a handoff to the left side.
    He's also thinking that message board posters do not know much about calling plays in an FBS game, let alone an NFL game......but it works in Madden.
    oh ok, I'm glad you know how Todd Haley's mind works. only you truly know football because you're such an expert, no one else does

Heroes- The Stars on this team shined bright
    Goats- The general public who bet on the Chiefs

oh ok, I'm glad you know how Todd Haley's mind works. only you truly know football because you're such an expert, no one else does
    The Haley Haters blame his scheme for 5 INT's and a loss to the Jags. When Haley's offense puts up 439 yards and helps beat the only undefeated team on the road, then the Haley Haters complain about his playcalling.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    The Haley Haters blame his scheme for 5 INT's and a loss to the Jags. When Haley's offense puts up 439 yards and helps beat the only undefeated team on the road, then the Haley Haters complain about his playcalling.

Haters gonna hate I guess.
    I'm not a Haley hater, was merely making an observation about the game. might want to get your facts straight before you post your pompous schtick...

Don't know about all that. I went to watch the video thinking he was lounging or something, and was completely prepared to come back and state how stupid it was. However, that's not what I saw. What I saw was him missing a tackle and losing his footing. He didn't gain his footing until the player was quite a ways away from him, then, when the guy did cut back and Burns finally had his footing again, Burns started after the guy, but the he was already past Burns and almost to the endzone. Could Burns have tried a bit harder? Sure. But he wouldn't have caught him. It probably seemed as an unnecessary expenditure of energy racing to the endzone. Of course, players like Watt and others make that expenditure, and at times, strange plays come from it that help the Steelers.

So, I'm not ready to bench the guy over it. But if I were the coach, I'd take him aside in the film room and tell him that yeah, you need to hustle until the player literally crosses the endzone.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Don't know about all that. I went to watch the video thinking he was lounging or something, and was completely prepared to come back and state how stupid it was. However, that's not what I saw. What I saw was him missing a tackle and losing his footing. He didn't gain his footing until the player was quite a ways away from him, then, when the guy did cut back and Burns finally had his footing again, Burns started after the guy, but the he was already past Burns and almost to the endzone. Could Burns have tried a bit harder? Sure. But he wouldn't have caught him. It probably seemed as an unnecessary expenditure of energy racing to the endzone. Of course, players like Watt and others make that expenditure, and at times, strange plays come from it that help the Steelers.

So, I'm not ready to bench the guy over it. But if I were the coach, I'd take him aside in the film room and tell him that yeah, you need to hustle until the player literally crosses the endzone.
    It's the same thing he did the other week. He could have got to him if he tried. He had an angle to tackle him again.

I believe he is still 0 tackles vs the run too.
    Hater = Realist

It's the same thing he did the other week. He could have got to him if he tried. He had an angle to tackle him again.

I believe he is still 0 tackles vs the run too.
    So, you're saying he's intentionally taking himself out of plays so that he's not having to tackle? Or, at the very least, not having to be the first man in on a tackle? I'm not saying that with snark. Just wondering if that's what you're getting at. If so, I think it's reading a little too much into this play. However, put this play with the one from a couple weeks ago and I might be persuaded it is, at the very least, a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    So, you're saying he's intentionally taking himself out of plays so that he's not having to tackle? Or, at the very least, not having to be the first man in on a tackle? I'm not saying that with snark. Just wondering if that's what you're getting at. If so, I think it's reading a little too much into this play. However, put this play with the one from a couple weeks ago and I might be persuaded it is, at the very least, a possibility.

That acting was really bad in the Bears' game. I am saying he deliberately gave little to no effort in stopping the play against the Chiefs' Thomas. It also appears he didn't care to stop Thomas. In the Bears' game he didn't try at all to tackle the RB.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10...ns-bowing-run/

Unless Burns has severe atrophy in his quads. I'm 47 with bad knees, but I have better spring in my step than that.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The red-zone offense has been bad for a long, long time.

If I could “cure” one woe for this team, it’d be red-zone efficiency.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Props to Bell and the run blocking. Pretty much dominated TOP and the game in general

Goat... I guess I will say the Brown/Juju free kick. You've got to field that. Instead they let it bounce like a punt. Bad play. Momentum killer.

Gotta also call out Mike Mitchell. Compounds a made to order sack into a personal foul on the QB. That was a selfish, frustration play.
    He also had a helmet to helmet on the side line that could have been called. And once again stood over a guy yelling like an idiot while he's still on the ground.