Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things I think I think after Week 6

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Things I think I think after Week 6

So I will add to this later but to start with:

1. This looked like a team that finally started to learn how to play together and to win in a hostile environment.
    2. Coaches have "coached". Juju is basically the #2 WR because of his blocking. McDonald looks like he might be the #1 TE.
    3. I'll eat some crow on the run game stuff. More Bell and power I was a great cure for whatever ailed this team. I will say this in my defense, I argued that you keep running if the line is blocking and you have success. Only 2nd game this year that happened!
    4. The defense is young and still kinda dumb, but my oh my can they fly around a field. For balance, Dupree has to learn how to finish and get around that edge quicker.
    5. Anyone still think Alex Smith is an elite QB? Can't think of one play he made until the coverages broke down in the second half.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Things I think I think after Week 6

4 waiting to they get there run D together like Romo said then look out.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

It's a week to week league.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Heres an addition for things I KNOW after week 6:

1. Mike Hilton is a human scud missile. He slaughtered the screen game and his CB blitzes spared our defense from giving up an additional TD, arguably even 2.

If there were ever an example of the pass rush covering deficiencies in coverage, this was the game. When are we giving this guy a nickname?

2. James Connor has done more than enough to warrant more touches. If were serious about not repeating past mistakes on overworking Bell, we need to feed Connor a series here and there. In a game as serious as this one, I can understand going with the flow of the game, but next week we should start pushing Connor just a tick under double digit touches per game
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

4. The defense is young and still kinda dumb, but my oh my can they fly around a field. For balance, Dupree has to learn how to finish and get around that edge quicker.

• That is either due to players who are actually dumb or poor coaching. I lean more towards the latter.
    • Shouldn't Dupree have learned this long ago? IMO, he isn't a guy who gives full effort on every play.
    • The defense needs more Harrison and Chickillo and less Dupree.

Just my take
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

We are 4-2.

First in our division.

Improving most every week it seems on offense and defense....

We just beat the only undefeated team in the NFL.

I am very optimist we will hit full stride by mid/late season and can beat any team in the NFL (and win the Lombardi) providing Ben shows up.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Things I think after week6 - We are 4-2 and 1st place for sure. We left alot of plays/points on field ( muffed kick catch after safety by Brown for instance). Another 2yrd line stance with no TD. For leading the whole game I still felt we were LUCKY to escape with a win ( nervous as hell again at end of game). Ben does have good games too. L.Bell can't damage a goal post by boxing. This team is impossible to bet on !!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We beat the Chiefs fairly easily today. I get that the score was close and all, but the game really wasn't. We dominated the Chiefs, at their place. Road win.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I just saw a report from bleacher report that martavis bryant has requesteda trade and the coaches are aware hes unhappy...grow up son!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BostonBlackie

If this team can keep its sh*t together it will go to the Super Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    If this team can keep its sh*t together it will go to the Super Bowl.
    Both conferences are wide open now that Aaron Rodgers went down

Eagles might be the NFC front runner

If anyone (and who doesn't?) had doubts about Andy Reid and Alex Smith getting it done in the postseason that was reinforced today

What do I think:

• This defense F A S T fast. And, not only that, but IMO, they're close to being a better pass defense than the 2008 defense. Why do I say that, go back and look. The 2008 defense started leaking drives and touchdowns in the fourth quarter game after game. This defense tightened down when it needed to after a silly long play for a TD.

• For 30 minutes today, we got a look at what happens when the Steelers play as a team on both sides of the ball. What did it look like? It looked like a team that can dominate the NFL.

• Antonio Brown always has his head in the game, even when he doesn't. He caused two turnovers on offense, but still kept his head and made a spectacular play for a 51 yard TD.

• Le'Veon Bell. Pay The Man. I didn't think I'd be saying that just six games in. We saw the future today. Ben was decent, but not good. If Ben retires at the end of this season, We let Bell carry this team and give Dobbs the reigns for a year or two, asking him only to be a game manager. Ride the Bell Horse as far as we can and trade down in the draft to garner better picks the next year. This way, we get the QB we want, rather than the one available. However, none of that's an option if Bell leaves this team.

• I hate "coach-hate." Talk about scapegoating, especially when we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. However, despite the caption under my name about OC hate, I'm sick and tired of four and five wide on third down. As I said in another thread, at the very least, bring Bell back and let him chip at a defensive player before going out on a wheel pattern. Keep the defenses honest against the run on third down.

• Finally, for being so early in the season still concerning playoffs, the Steelers seriously helped themselves today. They are only one game back from homefield advantage throughout the playoffs with New England still on their schedule. Jacksonville lost today putting them a game back. The Ravens lost today putting them two games back (currently having the tie-breaker) and having lost against every team the Steelers lost to so far.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Things I think after Week 6...

1. The Ravens suck!

2. I love seeing Conner in there. I think we should continue to see more of him weekly.

3. Ben should not be benched.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Things I think after week6 - We are 4-2 and 1st place for sure. We left alot of plays/points on field ( muffed kick catch after safety by Brown for instance). Another 2yrd line stance with no TD. For leading the whole game I still felt we were LUCKY to escape with a win ( nervous as hell again at end of game). Ben does have good games too.

L.Bell can't damage a goal post by boxing.

This team is impossible to bet on !!
    Thankfully, he only punched it...

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I will say this again...this team will go as far as bell takes them...not Ben. If bell getshurt (which worries me with Cincy) then our Offense could be in a predicament (Conner?). That being said...If our D plays the way it did today consistently then our offense doesnt necessarily need to be spectacular.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Things I think after week6 - We are 4-2 and 1st place for sure. We left alot of plays/points on field ( muffed kick catch after safety by Brown for instance). Another 2yrd line stance with no TD. For leading the whole game I still felt we were LUCKY to escape with a win ( nervous as hell again at end of game). Ben does have good games too. L.Bell can't damage a goal post by boxing. This team is impossible to bet on !!
    We trailed 3-2.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

The Steelers constant off the field drama is becoming a national story - this from The Washington Post after the Bryant rumors

Remember when the Pittsburgh Steelers were the steady franchise, the one that let other teams have soap operas?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2050ed800ce6

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    The Steelers constant off the field drama is becoming a national story - this from The Washington Post after the Bryant rumors

Remember when the Pittsburgh Steelers were the steady franchise, the one that let other teams have soap operas?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2050ed800ce6
    That said, if they win the Super Bow, who cares?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

1. This looked like a team that finally started to learn how to play together and to win in a hostile environment.
    2. Coaches have "coached". Juju is basically the #2 WR because of his blocking. McDonald looks like he might be the #1 TE.
    3. I'll eat some crow on the run game stuff. More Bell and power I was a great cure for whatever ailed this team. I will say this in my defense, I argued that you keep running if the line is blocking and you have success. Only 2nd game this year that happened!
    5. Anyone still think Alex Smith is an elite QB? Can't think of one play he made until the coverages broke down in the second half.
    1. In the first half, the Steelers had two turnovers and a drive starting at their own 1. In weeks 1-5, that would have put them down 17-0 by halftime. This week, they were up 12-3. So, absolutely, they are improving.

2. JuJu is gonna be great. I got into a Twitter battle with a guy who swears that JuJu “only” gets playing time due to being a R2 pick. SMH

2-a) McDonald can block on the move, which fits perfectly with this O-line. Even if he can’t catch, he gets open (a lot) and thus, it forces someone to cover him. It always seems that The Outlaw is left uncovered, because defenses are like: “Eh, even if he catches it, he’ll hem & haw around and get 0 YAC.”

3. People keep harboring on Bell’s hold out (rightfully so) as the cause for his slow start. I think his off-season surgery has a little bit to do with that, as well. Either way, he’s finding his groove... which is a GREAT thing.

4. As we’ve all mentioned: You can teach a fast player to play with more control... but, you can’t teach a slow player to play faster. Shazier just keeps inching closer to becoming the next “Troy” for this defense.

5. I hope he plays as poorly against us in the rematch at Heinz field on 1/21/2018.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That said, if they win the Super Bow, who cares?
    If they win the Super Bowl I frankly do not care if members of the team are indicted for operating a drug smuggling ring (assuming any convictions do not result in lost playing time).

Just noting the image of the team has changed, which is something AJR II may care about given the bond between the Steelers and Pittsburgh that is different from how it is in other places like Atlanta. Winning Stanley Cups obviously helps but there are other factors for the Pens growing popularity in Pittsburgh such as Sidney Crosby being the face of the franchise (as opposed to AB and Ben).

Fans will tolerate a lot when the team is winning but when that stops (as it did in the 80s) it helps to have some goodwill in the bank with your fan base
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 10-17-2017 at 07:35 AM.

I think that there is still a general conception that the Steelers organization does things the right way.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Ramon Foster's successor at the guard position is already on the roster....BJ Finney.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

When does the ST coach get held accountable?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    When does the ST coach get held accountable?
    Never. lol. Should’ve been let go loooooooong ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    #BringbackDookie
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    The decimal point would imply there has been more than one kick return. I had no idea they were even still allowed; I can't remember the last time I've seen one.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    #BringbackDookie
    Sadly, Dookie's career average of 22.5 puts this year's crew to shame.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Where’s Dri Archer when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Where’s Dri Archer when you need him?
    Speaking of awful RB picks, did you’all see that Chris Rainey has a kickoff return for a TD on Sunday???