Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 6 Odds and Ends

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Week 6 Odds and Ends

Cruising around some of the early games and there is a ton of interesting story lines.

1. How hurt is Aaron Rodgers? That takes GB from contender to pretender awful quick if he is out for any length of time. Looked like collarbone.

2. Jets are up 2 TDs on the Pats? Wackiness!

3. Wonder if the Browns are still glad they passed on Watson? All this kid does is make plays. Anyone actually watched how he is doing it? Like will this taper off once teams get tape on him or does the kid have the goods? Also who in the hell do the Browns have scouting people? Everything that Kizer does bad in the pros, he did bad last year in college. Why do teams continually think bad habits are going to get better just because a kid has a big arm. Kizer is still staring WRs down and he is on the bench!

4. Baltimore is bad and at this point due to injuries and general crappiness, I think we can write them off. Maybe they can still play spoiler, but they are dead when it comes to the division. I know the record is there, but watch this team for a little while. Then tell me again how great of a coach Harbs is. This guy has zero answers for any adversity. I know their o-line is 3 traffic cones and a couple of burlap sacks - but Tomlin took a couple of teams to a SB with terrible O-lines. Harbs can't even find the endzone.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Week 6 Odds and Ends

Ben said after they played the Browns, that they (Browns) were good and will surprise a lot of people this year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Jets play good defense and run the ball. Keeps them close in a lot of games. They are not a good team though. Pats will probably come back and win this one.

The Browns would have ruined Watson too. Not played to his strengths and such. The Texans still don't have the weapons to be a true contender, IMO. Tough defense, Watson playing well, Hopkins is still a monster. They will win some games.

The Bears are not trash. They will run on most teams.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Texans defense is just gutted at the pass rush. Watt and Mercilus in the same week? Brutal.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Texans defense is just gutted at the pass rush. Watt and Mercilus in the same week? Brutal.
    Dang! I had forgotten about that. Texans may be done.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

With New England up 24-14, it appeared that the Jets TE went in to score the TD, however the refs apparently working under Robert Kraft or Roger Goodell's orders amazingly ruled the ball was fumbled out of the endzone and a touchback. Unbelievable.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

The Jets were absolutely robbed, NFL bias?? Yeah, I'd say so

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Cruising around some of the early games and there is a ton of interesting story lines.

1. How hurt is Aaron Rodgers? That takes GB from contender to pretender awful quick if he is out for any length of time. Looked like collarbone.
    Broken collarbone throwing shoulder - could be done for the season

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...houlder-injury

It can all far apart quickly in the NFL

Doubtful he plays at Heinz in 6 weeks

Apparently the Bears only want to try and beat the Steelers and just blow it against every other team. Ratbirds about to be handed another win

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I watched the Jets Pats game. The officials did everything they could to make sure the Pats won. It was pathetic.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

4. Baltimore is bad and at this point due to injuries and general crappiness, I think we can write them off. Maybe they can still play spoiler, but they are dead when it comes to the division. I know the record is there, but watch this team for a little while. Then tell me again how great of a coach Harbs is. This guy has zero answers for any adversity. I know their o-line is 3 traffic cones and a couple of burlap sacks - but Tomlin took a couple of teams to a SB with terrible O-lines. Harbs can't even find the endzone.
    Baltimore will still probably win the division, a bunch of crappy teams are gonna give them freebie wins this year

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Apparently the Bears only want to try and beat the Steelers and just blow it against every other team. Ratbirds about to be handed another win
    Glad Chicago apparently recovered

Somebody start a pessimist's thread for all the negative knuckleheads to bitch on. PLEASE!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Somebody start a pessimist's thread for all the negative knuckleheads to bitch on. PLEASE!
    We have a thread(s) for that. Game day or Fire Tomlin thread

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Can't drop the Kaepernick thing can they. Too bad Green Bay doesn't have the supporting cast (i.e. defense, running game) to win with him

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Kaepernick is suing the NFL for collusion. This is only the beginning.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Denver getting beat by the Giants who are without their top 3 WR's plus awful o-line was sorta shocking. Thought the Broncos defense would get after Eli and force a few turnovers.

NFL is weird.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

The Raiders suck.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Forget Kaepernick.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This NFL is wide open. If the Steelers (or any team) can get hot in December, that’s gonna be the team to win the Super Bowl more so than any other year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    The Raiders suck.
    It is a lot more than the Carr injury

Given the high preseason expectations what is your view on WTF has happened?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Raiders locker room is a mess since they let Carr get beat up.

Green Bay can say whatever about the next man up, but without Rogers their season is over.

Pats building another AFC lead for home field advantage with help from the NFL and refs.

NFL is looking more like the WWF than a real sport. Would not surprise me to see them fix games from the top every so often.
    All Defense!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

It is a lot more than the Carr injury

Given the high preseason expectations what is your view on WTF has happened?
    The locker room is divided, from the rumblings I've heard. We have no defense. The offense has some good weapons, but they can't seem to get the ball to them consistently. Our OC is in way over his head.... as is Norton as DC. The team looks uninterested on the side line. Del Rio doesn't seem to know what to do. Reggie McKenzie, despite what you hear from the media, is an idiot. He should have addressed the MLB situation in FA or the draft. Hell.... he should have just concentrated on the defense period, because the whole unit other than Mack sucks!

I think the season a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Raiders locker room is a mess since they let Carr get beat up.

Green Bay can say whatever about the next man up, but without Rogers their season is over.

Pats building another AFC lead for home field advantage with help from the NFL and refs.

NFL is looking more like the WWF than a real sport. Would not surprise me to see them fix games from the top every so often.
    Let's play that out. So the league fixes games to establish/further storylines and juice the ratings. Think about how many people need to be involved.

Say a hardcore working group of "writers" at the league - what 6 people or so?
    A line of communication with the refs. Then the refs themselves. So another 6-12 people (gonna have to get the whole crew).
    Then a general group of "fixers" to help keep it all secret and hidden. So 3 more people.

That is what, 12-15 people at a minimum? No Way they could pull that off. Can you imagine the book deal and speaking fee $$$ just one of those folks would get to blow the whistle on that? The league would have to trump that cash amount by a noticeable % - since this all super illegal.

On top of that your conspirators couldn't realize any immediate benefit from all this because how would suddenly explain large cash payouts? Living beyond your reported income level? People get caught for that literally all the time. One of the few things the government is actually good at investigating.

I think point shaving could happen. A few players get in a situation, etc, etc. But a league-wide conspiracy? It would out in a short period of time. The risk for most of conspirators is far out of proportion to the potential benefits.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I was thinking that certain refs could be placed where they have favorites. The owners control everything and remember how sophisticated the Pat's cheating was with wiretaps and videotape.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Yes, every time a QB gets injured for the next three years, within 30 seconds the media will be screeching for that team to immediately sign Colin Kaepernick.

Why isn't anyone asking if the Packers are going to call RG3? He's a mobile quarterback, probably a better pure passer, and even satisfies their infatuation with race. Oh, I forgot, they just want to stir up shit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

No doubt green bay is screwed without rodgers. He carries that team. Rodgers supporting cast is not good

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Yes, every time a QB gets injured for the next three years, within 30 seconds the media will be screeching for that team to immediately sign Colin Kaepernick.

Why isn't anyone asking if the Packers are going to call RG3? He's a mobile quarterback, probably a better pure passer, and even satisfies their infatuation with race. Oh, I forgot, they just want to stir up shit.
    Well Kaepernick has show he can play in the NFL.

RG3 wakes up in the morning and gets hurt.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

RG3 isn't a known SJW that's why