Thread: More for Eli Rogers could be less for Martavis Bryant

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

More for Eli Rogers could be less for Martavis Bryant

More for Eli Rogers could be less for Martavis Bryant

Posted by Mike Florio on October 12, 2017

Steelers receiver Eli Rogers may be emerging from the doghouse. Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant could be heading there. Sort of.

As explained by Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Rogers could end up playing on Sunday in Kansas City, three weeks after a muffed punt in Chicago contributed to a loss to the Bears. On Wednesday, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suggested that Rogers will be back.

“He’s an inside slot guy who knows how to get open in man really quick,” Roethlisberger said, via Bouchette. “He takes pride in his work. He almost never makes mistakes; if he does, he grows from it. I’m just excited for him to get his opportunity again.”

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rtavis-bryant/

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: More for Eli Rogers could be less for Martavis Bryant

Interesting. I think that JuJu and Rogers run better routes, but my guess is that Justin Hunter takes a break and not Bryant.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s in a lose/lose situation. What you said Craic or if he benches Bryant and they lose because a WR doesn’t catch one of Ben’s 5 deep throws...then it’s because Bryantbwasnt in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Interesting. I think that JuJu and Rogers run better routes, but my guess is that Justin Hunter takes a break and not Bryant.
    Couldn't agree more. If it's between Bryant and Hunter who sits, I see it as a no brainer.

What the hell has Hunter done? We know what Martavis can do. Give him a fair chance to knock the rust off, especially if it turns out to be a comeback game for Ben.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Was benching Rogers really warranted?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I don't think so. I don't think he's fumbled one before. Might as well bench players for missing easy tackles too.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

None of us have a clue. We don't know everything that goes on. Perhaps he was lazy at practice or didn't follow specific rules. I'm pretty sure it wasn't just about s muffed punt

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Don't know. I thought Tomlin is a player's coach and doesn't do any discipline??

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

I think they just like JuJu better, and see him as the long term answer at the position.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It's all AB and JuJu. We just need a TE with better hands.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelermania View Post
    I think they just like JuJu better, and see him as the long term answer at the position.
    Ray Fittipaldo says that is what is bugging Bryant

Not sure why, but it appears he is unhappy that JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting more playing time. I think he sees that and probably understands JuJu is going to be around a while. It's always about the money with these guys. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. He's thinking about his next contract. He's right to be thinking about it, but he should realize he can get paid if the Steelers win and he produces when it counts -- late in the season and the postseason.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710160155