Thread: Le'Veon Bell gets in Twitter scrap with former Steelers S Ryan Clark

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Le'Veon Bell gets in Twitter scrap with former Steelers S Ryan Clark

Former Steelers safety and current ESPN analyst Ryan Clark called Antonio Brown “selfish” last week as part of searing criticism of the wide receiver’s sideline outburst in Baltimore.

It appears that didn’t go over well in the Steelers locker room.

Running back Le’Veon Bell fired back at Clark in a series of tweets Monday evening, writing:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710090188

Sorry, but somebody needs to hit these young bucks (Bell and Brown) upside the head with a shovel. Nothing but selfish, entitled millennials.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell gets in Twitter scrap with former Steelers S Ryan Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Former Steelers safety and current ESPN analyst Ryan Clark called Antonio Brown “selfish” last week as part of searing criticism of the wide receiver’s sideline outburst in Baltimore.

It appears that didn’t go over well in the Steelers locker room.

Running back Le’Veon Bell fired back at Clark in a series of tweets Monday evening, writing:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710090188

Sorry, but somebody needs to hit these young bucks (Bell and Brown) upside the head with a shovel. Nothing but selfish, entitled millennials.
    Meh. Nothing new here. Sportswriters and players have been clashing and measuring...ummmm...."egos" since the dawn of sports. Now with social media we all get to see the nonsense.

It's not a millenial thing other than the fact that they have no problem putting their whole lives on a public footing.

Is this a defense of anyone? Not really. But just that some things I have read over the years seem to indicate that this is nothing new.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Bell is perhaps not the best spokesperson to defend his teammates against accusations having a selfish attitude.

I think we all know that Brown has always had a bit of the "me me me" thing in him, but it's forgivable because when it counts, he puts it aside and flat-out performs. I've never seen any bullshit from him on the field other than hot-dogging after the play. Which is not my favorite thing in the world, but it's not like he's out there half-assing it or being a toxic teammate like the REAL divas. The sideline tantrum was something new, but honestly I can see how it could also just be genuine frustration. It's been incredibly frustrating to watch this offense struggle just as a fan. Imagine being in the middle of it.

Not to say it's totally normal, or cool if it happens all the time. But based on Brown's history of being above that kind of shit when it matters, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt once or twice.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Ryan Clark is one of those all-time great Pittsburgh Steelers. Pound for pound there has not been a more devastating hitter on the team in any era. He might be one of the top 10 of all time Steelers in any weight class. A guy like that who brings the wood on every play deserves respect. The kids in the locker room today better shut their mouths and open their ears.

All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is just the same thing that happens everywhere. Does anyone like it when retired folks show up at your workplace and talk about how they used to do it and how you're doing it all wrong now?

I know I hate that and the first thing everyone does when they leave is talk an endless stream of crap about them.

This is just the annoying digital equivalent of that. At least I think? Also, Bell pretty clearly is not the most level-headed dude to ever walk the earth...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Also, Bell pretty clearly is not the most level-headed dude to ever walk the earth...
    Agree with that droll understatement

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Ryan Clark is one of those all-time great Pittsburgh Steelers. Pound for pound there has not been a more devastating hitter on the team in any era. He might be one of the top 10 of all time Steelers in any weight class. A guy like that who brings the wood on every play deserves respect. The kids in the locker room today better shut their mouths and open their ears.
    Those were great. I still remember thinking he killed McGahee.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

This is just the same thing that happens everywhere. Does anyone like it when retired folks show up at your workplace and talk about how they used to do it and how you're doing it all wrong now?

I know I hate that and the first thing everyone does when they leave is talk an endless stream of crap about them.

This is just the annoying digital equivalent of that. At least I think? Also, Bell pretty clearly is not the most level-headed dude to ever walk the earth...

Funny, I've experienced that more young people than retired folks. They know everything without having any experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Funny, I've experienced that more young people than retired folks. They know everything without having any experience.
    That'll happen as well. My point is this is just basic non-sense and I can't believe how wrapped up these players and ex-players get in it.

I'm starting to think there is nothing sadder than the retired player who then has a second act as a talking head about their sport. They keep trying to make it about them and seem unwilling to step away from the spotlight.

Man, the world is a big wide interesting place. Go check it out.

But at the same point, if the NFL is what you love, then I can see staying involved.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Athletes with egos covering athletes with egos using a media outlet that doesn’t require a “cool down/buffer” time, where all they have to do is “type & send.”

Voila!!! angry tweets.

As Herm Edwards says: “Don’t push send.”

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Athletes with egos covering athletes with egos using a media outlet that doesn’t require one to do much beyond “type & send.”

As Herm Edwards says: “Don’t push send.”
    I love Herm Edwards, one of my favorites. He is always good for lines like that. I remember one time him quoting his dad about the "details" of life relating to coaching. As a kid he told his dad that he was done sweeping the floors. His dad responded "But did you get the corners son? All of this out in the open is fine, but it's what's in the corners that determines how well the floor is swept." Or something like that. That has always stuck with me, and he probably said more than 15 years ago.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

That'll happen as well. My point is this is just basic non-sense and I can't believe how wrapped up these players and ex-players get in it.

I'm starting to think there is nothing sadder than the retired player who then has a second act as a talking head about their sport. They keep trying to make it about them and seem unwilling to step away from the spotlight.

Man, the world is a big wide interesting place. Go check it out.

But at the same point, if the NFL is what you love, then I can see staying involved.
    I agree with you. The entire system is a set up for failure from the start for many of these guys imo. Rags to riches over night, me in the spotlight, fans that worship me, companies want you, more of me and it goes on and on. There is little reality in any of this. It's nice to see a few players like Dobbs, Big Al, Decastro and DHB that seemed to have taken a wiser path by using the NFL as base to get to their goal outside of football when they retire.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just another distraction and mess to add to the pile. At the rate this team is going, they’ll be lucky to win 6 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Just another distraction and mess to add to the pile. At the rate this team is going, they’ll be lucky to win 6 games this year.
    @Chiefs 3-3
    Bengals 4-3
    @Lions 4-4
    @Colts 5-4
    Titans 6-4
    Packers 6-5
    @Bengals 6-6
    Ravens 7-6
    Patriots 7-7
    @Texans 7-8
    Browns 8-8

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Le'Veon Bell gets in Twitter scrap with former Steelers S Ryan Clark

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    @Chiefs 3-3
    Bengals 4-3
    @Lions 4-4
    @Colts 5-4
    Titans 6-4
    Packers 6-5
    @Bengals 6-6
    Ravens 7-6
    Patriots 7-7
    @Texans 7-8
    Browns 8-8
    Unless they get their shit together and take this seriously,

@Chiefs 4-2
    Bengals 4-3
    @Lions 4-4
    @Colts 5-4
    Titans 5-5
    Packers 5-6
    @Bengals 6-6
    Ravens 6-7
    Patriots 6-8
    @Texans 6-9
    Browns 6-10

These idiots shouldn’t be allowed to touch social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

LeSmokeon should be banned from twitter

One last note on this from Mike Tomlin's take on Heath Millers retirement. Tomlin gained a huge amount of respect from me after seeing a year or two ago, he praised Miller for the things that matter in life, things that money and *me* can't buy. What was striking to me was Tomlin hoped his son would be like Heath Miller. You know you've done well when that happens.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I can listen to his guy talk for hours. Somebody posted this on Facebook.

You want to talk about a man with the proper perspective and appreciating his past. They should play this to all young men and hope that it penetrates some young brains.

I'm not sure how much it helps this thread, but it is awesome and appropriate concerning the subject matter and young men understanding what's important in life. Remembering a time when words and respect of your parents carried weight throughout your life.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I can listen to his guy talk for hours. Somebody posted this on Facebook.

You want to talk about a man with the proper perspective and appreciating his past. They should play this to all young men and hope that it penetrates some young brains.

I'm not sure how much it helps this thread, but it is awesome and appropriate concerning the subject matter and young men understanding what's important in life. Remembering a time when words and respect of your parents carried weight throughout your life.

Wow! Very inspiring.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Apparently, AB and Clark have had some friction going back to their days as teammates. Thus, a Twitter war is born.