Thread: Big Ben: 'Maybe I don't have it anymore'

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Big Ben: 'Maybe I don't have it anymore'

Big Ben after 5 INTs: 'Maybe I don't have it anymore'

By Jeremy Bergman NFL.com
    Published: Oct. 8, 2017

The Jacksonville Jaguars' secondary shook Ben Roethlisberger to his core on Sunday afternoon, picking off the bulky veteran five times. After Pittsburgh's surprising 30-9 home loss, Big Ben caught himself once again questioning his own future in football.

When asked by reporters after the game if he was doing anything differently under center, Roethlisberger replied, "I don't think so, but maybe I am. Maybe I don't have it anymore. I'm not playing well enough."

Two questions later, he course-corrected. Asked if he is doubting his game, Big Ben responded, "Nope. If anybody in this room ever has that doubt, they probably aren't here. You know what I'm saying? Professional athletes shouldn't have doubt."

Roethlisberger's five interceptions were a career-high and the most thrown by a quarterback since Ryan Fitzpatrick tossed six in September 2016.

to read rest of article...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ave-it-anymore

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Big Ben: 'Maybe I don't have it anymore'

"I've been blessed to do this a long time. I think it's just seeing my kids growing up, and in the offseason I love getting to spend time with them, and then I come here and football season just has to take up so much of your time."
    Aww, Ben.

How far Ben has come from those days in Milledgeville to now wanting to be with his family. Yes, it's time for Ben to retire after this season. You can hear the melancholy in his voice.

Until then, I will continue to support him and the Pittsburgh Steelers. We'll get 'em next week!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Facetiously: Not meant to be taken seriously or literally.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Well that’s not something you want to hear come out of your QBs mouth. Lol. Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I thought it was funny. Question was stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Well that’s not something you want to hear come out of your QBs mouth. Lol. Seriously?
    I seen the interview, he wasn't serious. Looked pissed/annoyed.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="plenewken will become famous soon enough">

If he doesn't have it anymore, although I believe it's been the case for the last 3 years, maybe he should forfeit a portion of his $31M signing bonus and of his $18.2M salary then? How could I feel sorry for this guy, considering the insane amount of money he's making for an overall just above average performance for several years and a piss poor one so far this year?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

God imagine if this team had Aaron Rodgers with these offensive weapons?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I seen the interview, he wasn't serious. Looked pissed/annoyed.
    So more sarcasm?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So more sarcasm?
    The tweet that lit the fuse on this story used the word facetiously to describe the "maybe I don't have it anymore" comment and followed up with another tweet providing a definition to hammer home the point that statement was inappropriate. No additional tweets on how Ben repeatedly took the blame

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 10-09-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This post pretty much sums it all up. http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10...gles-continue/

Ben looks washed up, but in typical Ben fashion, it is in a weird way. Physically all the tools seem there, except an understandable loss of mobility. He still has plenty of arm. He displays touch and timing.

But mentally, it is almost all gone. His reads are terrible. His audibles are worse. His obsession with either AB or Bell is inexcusable.

Honestly, he reminds me of Favre at the end. Favre's physical tools never totally left him either. Mentally, he just didn't want to anymore. I've been hesitant to put too much stock into the retirement talk, but am coming around to that line of thinking.

For me there are other problems on the team/roster. But they are all minor when compared to the fact that your quarterback looks to be running through the game in a half-hearted fog. I think Ben retires no matter what at the end of this season and if it weren't for his personal relationships on the team I wouldn't be shocked if he retired next week.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Yup.... I agree with ya' Ben.

The Jags players said he looked older and tired too.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Its OK, that was just "road Ben" that showed up.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I actually think he 'retired' last year. He's just hanging around physically to get out of the house and away from wife and kids. You know how it is on Sunday's.....LOL. Hey Ben, buy another motorcycle now that you aren't really playing football and ride on Sunday afternoon's. I ride my motorcycle as much as possible to just get away and chill.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

He had a horrible game lets see what he looks like next week and, I know it's the best team in the NFL KC.