Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wasted Year ?

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Wasted Year ?

Just our luck ! A year that New England isn't looking that great so far...and well, they look beatable. We are loaded with talent on offense and the defense is starting to click. A year we could dominate alot of teams from start to finish. And look at what's happening l Ben can't throw a decent pass...well at least to our player's. We are on steady down hill run, slowly losing the division. A year that so far this season we had a great chance to be 4-0 with a real good chance to have BYE's and HOME field advantage for a change......and the organization is letting it fizzle out of realization. What shame. What a Fk'd up football year.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Re: Wasted Year ?

At 1:00 pm this afternoon, I figured by 7:00 pm the Steelers would be 4–1, the Ravens would be 2-3 and our season would basically be toast. Now both teams are 3-2. Who knows what next week will bring?

It’s a long season. Freaking out this early is a waste of time.

Sorry, I strongly disagree Crow-Magnon. It's never too early to freak out about the terrible playing they are showing right now. Chicago game was pathetic, today was pathetic. With the talent this team has we should be ass kickin' teams. Ben is hitting a downhill stride and someone in that FO better be fixing it fast.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It sucks that Ben has been playing terribly and this team has no chance of advancing in the playoffs if Ben doesn't get his act together. Of course the team will be toast anyway if the defense continues to allow big plays on the ground. Plus we don't know how good this pass defense is anyway considering Moonball Joe is the best QB they've faced

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    At 1:00 pm this afternoon, I figured by 7:00 pm the Steelers would be 4–1, the Ravens would be 2-3 and our season would basically be toast. Now both teams are 3-2. Who knows what next week will bring?

The Steelers will be 3-3 after next week in KC. With a chance of going 3-4 after the Bengals game the following week.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

I am not worried about it because at one point last year, the team was 4-5 and finished 11-5. This has been a 'slow to gel at the start of the year' team for sometime now.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Ben does not look like he has it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    The Steelers will be 3-3 after next week in KC. With a chance of going 3-4 after the Bengals game the following week.
    I hate saying it, but I feel this is very, very plausible. Losing to the bungholes would be a killer in itself !

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The games they lost, they got smoked. The games they won, haven’t been convincing wins. The offense is below average at best. The defense has been decent at times but isn’t a playoff defense at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The games they lost, they got smoked. The games they won, haven’t been convincing wins. The offense is below average at best. The defense has been decent at times but isn’t a playoff defense at this stage.
    We can throw blame everywhere on this offense. We thought we had a dominant OLine, not so far. We thought we had the most explosive WR corps in the league, AB does not make a corps. We improved on an already potent run game, prove it to me. Ben wants another ring before he retires, maybe too late. Here's an idea, let's throw against the #2 rated pass defense in the league 55 times. Solid plan, let's do it!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Good post but sadly for you, your team ain't going anywhere this year. Steelers will turn it around eventually. stick around here a few weeks if you want and support our Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The team went "all in" for 2017, but one player has not: Ben, and he has the keys to the convertible.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Thank you

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

They'll still go 10-6 or 11-5. As bad as the loss was it'll be forgotten with a win at KC and a 4-2 record. It's a long season. Beyond that, it's just a game.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    They'll still go 10-6 or 11-5. As bad as the loss was it'll be forgotten with a win at KC and a 4-2 record. It's a long season. Beyond that, it's just a game.

17-2

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

BRB... I'm going outside to burn my Big Ben jersey and post on YouTube.

Post. Of. The. Day!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Just wanna do a little rant of things I'm sure we're all frustrated by

These past couple years have been a major disappointment in some way. Remember the talks of having the greatest offense ever? That ship has sailed(did it even go that far off shore?). So many missed opportunities, either it being suspensions, or injuries, it's just been a flat out headache looking back.

Each year this team has gotten closer and closer to the big game and now it seems like that is so unlikely to happen with the way Ben is playing.

Hell even with Bens play, is the defense even good enough to win a championship? Yes they have improved but seriously how much? Pass rush still isn't consistent, numbers look great but they haven't played a QB worth a damn. Kizer/Keenum/Glennon/Old bad back Flacco, and now Bortles. Guess the point I'm trying to get to is someone needs to take the blame, this BS where no coach is on the hot seat is becoming old, coaches like Butler/Porter should be fighting for their jobs, all these high draft picks on defense that haven't shown much, this is lack of development/teaching. Also Bell only getting 15 touches today is a joke, the Jags run defense is no where near as good as their pass defense, offensive game planning was garbage, looking at you Haley.

Looking back, maybe Bryant should have been shown the door during his suspension. His inconsistent play is also hurting the offense something you can't have when the QB is struggling. Imo its obvious that Ben doesn't truly trust him, he's forcing awful throws toward AB just like he did last year when Cobi Hamilton got a lot of PT due to injuries.

If anyone remembers dating back to SF. I'm usually always optimistic but I'm having a hard time doing so with this team(if anyone can't tell lol).
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    We can throw blame everywhere on this offense. We thought we had a dominant OLine, not so far. We thought we had the most explosive WR corps in the league, AB does not make a corps. We improved on an already potent run game, prove it to me. Ben wants another ring before he retires, maybe too late. Here's an idea, let's throw against the #2 rated pass defense in the league 55 times. Solid plan, let's do it!
    The O-Line was an issue all through out the Preseason and it’s carried right to Week 5. It hasn’t been right, Ben hasnt been right and Bell hasn’t been right. Bell has been getting better, but he’s still not as smooth as he was last year...it’s not the same LeVeon Bell. You can see it when he runs.

The defense is adequate, not good enough to be a playoff defense. The talent is there, it’s not being utilized properly and it’s not being maximized.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Good post but sadly for you, your team ain't going anywhere this year. Steelers will turn it around eventually. stick around here a few weeks if you want and support our Steelers.
    You may be right. If so, I won't be surprised. Then again, if they go 10-6 I wouldn't be surprised. I don't see one team that is dominant on both sides of the ball this season. Strange year.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    You may be right. If so, I won't be surprised. Then again, if they go 10-6 I wouldn't be surprised. I don't see one team that is dominant on both sides of the ball this season. Strange year.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Next week in KC we will finally face a real team. If I were the owner this game would be the measuring stick on Tomlin. If he gets blown out then I replace him at some point this year.

Wasted Year ?

It goes much deeper than just the onfield and coaching stuff...this team isn’t a one for all all for one team, especially after the National Anthem debacle in Chicago. Brown and Ben aren’t getting along behind the scenes. After The Chicago debacle, there’s been a split locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Next week in KC we will finally face a real team. If I were the owner this game would be the measuring stick on Tomlin. If he gets blown out then I replace him at some point this year.
    I'd bring in Barry Switzer.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I'd bring in Barry Switzer.
    Is Rich Kotite still alive?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

It goes much deeper than just the onfield and coaching stuff...this team isn’t a one for all all for one team, especially after the National Anthem debacle in Chicago. Brown and Ben aren’t getting along behind the scenes. After The Chicago debacle, there’s been a split locker room.
    Yep - IMO that might have prompted Ben going after AB in public - props to AB for not returning fire yesterday
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...them-decision/

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Just wanna do a little rant of things I'm sure we're all frustrated by

These past couple years have been a major disappointment in some way. Remember the talks of having the greatest offense ever? That ship has sailed(did it even go that far off shore?). So many missed opportunities, either it being suspensions, or injuries, it's just been a flat out headache looking back.

Each year this team has gotten closer and closer to the big game and now it seems like that is so unlikely to happen with the way Ben is playing.

Hell even with Bens play, is the defense even good enough to win a championship? Yes they have improved but seriously how much? Pass rush still isn't consistent, numbers look great but they haven't played a QB worth a damn. Kizer/Keenum/Glennon/Old bad back Flacco, and now Bortles. Guess the point I'm trying to get to is someone needs to take the blame, this BS where no coach is on the hot seat is becoming old, coaches like Butler/Porter should be fighting for their jobs, all these high draft picks on defense that haven't shown much, this is lack of development/teaching. Also Bell only getting 15 touches today is a joke, the Jags run defense is no where near as good as their pass defense, offensive game planning was garbage, looking at you Haley.

Looking back, maybe Bryant should have been shown the door during his suspension. His inconsistent play is also hurting the offense something you can't have when the QB is struggling. Imo its obvious that Ben doesn't truly trust him, he's forcing awful throws toward AB just like he did last year when Cobi Hamilton got a lot of PT due to injuries.

If anyone remembers dating back to SF. I'm usually always optimistic but I'm having a hard time doing so with this team(if anyone can't tell lol).
    EXCELLENT POST !!! Couldn't agree more. I've said for weeks, this isn't a good team ! We have talent, but the coaches don't know how to use it. They don't use a running game on teams they can run on. They do passing plays on teams that are great on pass defense. Ben is having major issues. Our team doesn't pass rush, pass defense sucks, coaches can't game plan, make changes, or motivate. This team needs major work or I can see them behind the ravens and bungholes at season end. UGH !!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Yep - IMO that might have prompted Ben going after AB in public - props to AB for not returning fire yesterday
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...them-decision/
    AB threw his hissy fit on the sidelines. That’s where he “retaliated”.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I used to date a nice girl for a very short time. She played this song for me on my car radio. She had cancer and died a year later. The Steelers are done.

All Defense!