Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For the First Time Ever, *that* Thought Crossed My Mind—Bench Ben.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: For the First Time Ever, *that* Thought Crossed My Mind—Bench Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Ooooooh, so now people don't want to bench Ben this week because we're playing Kansas City. Let's wait for a shitty opponent week, is that it? Got it!
    Part of it but also waiting to see if his play turns around. 1 bad horrible game doesn't warrant it but two does.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    And remember, you never wanna go full Haley!
    Haha! Don't we know it, brother?

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    You better check the facts again. Healthy - maybe, but doesn't matter with the way they are playing. Winning division - they are tied with ratbirds with bungholes right behind. KC looking dominate- doesn't matter, losing teams are kicking our ass. Ravens aren't a sure bet next time. I wouldn't be sure on the bunghole game either. And to be honest, would you bet that we beat even the Brown's right now?? I sure wouldn't. Sorry, but after watching all the games so far, saying the Steeler's are done at this point isn't ridiculous by any means. If no change is made, I wouldn't have any problems saying this team is done. I've said for year's that they better be looking for a future QB, they haven't and now it's biting them in their ass. Ben is the sole reason for the Jax loss....with more to come. And we have no one on the bench to replace him.
    You just confirmed everything I said was facts, so no, I won't be checking them. Saying they're done at 3-2 and leading the divison is RIDICULOUS. I don't care who you are. If we lose to the Chiefs, we still aren't done. You know who is done? The 0-5 Browns. The 0-5 Giants. If you're willing to say this team is done with 11 games left, while having a winning record, a healthy team, and the division lead, then I'm willing to call you a moron.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If you bench Ben now, it would be the first time in history any team has ever benched a non-injured HoF multiple SB winning QB, while holding the division lead, heading out on the road to play the conference 1st place team. I don't think that would be the smart play right now.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

^Agree.

Some people have lost their damn minds around here.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Here is a "hot take" from Steelers Depot - http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10...tired-already/

So let’s lay off the lazy excuses for now unless we actually hear something meaningful to address it, and not a facetious answer in the heat of the moment after an ugly game in response to an obnoxious question from a reporter.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Here is a "hot take" from Steelers Depot - http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10...tired-already/

So let’s lay off the lazy excuses for now unless we actually hear something meaningful to address it, and not a facetious answer in the heat of the moment after an ugly game in response to an obnoxious question from a reporter.
    I only go to SD because I like Alex's stuff and l agree with Noll on his retirement statement. I'm close to retirement and I think about it everyday....many times through the day in fact! I do feel I'm in retirement mode.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    You just confirmed everything I said was facts, so no, I won't be checking them. Saying they're done at 3-2 and leading the divison is RIDICULOUS. I don't care who you are. If we lose to the Chiefs, we still aren't done. You know who is done? The 0-5 Browns. The 0-5 Giants. If you're willing to say this team is done with 11 games left, while having a winning record, a healthy team, and the division lead, then I'm willing to call you a moron.
    I said IF no change is made to the way they are playing now, I wouldn't have any problem saying this team is done. The 3 win's they have weren't convincing as a good team would've won, other than the ratbirds. The only game the team kicked ass and the coaches had a great game plan. They barely slipped past the browns. The losses were to teams they should've dominated. Leading a pathetic division right now is good, but don't look back....the rat's are right there with us and the bungholes are breathing down our backs with a match-up next week. Healthy team is great, but who is winning games for us ? 11 games left would and should give this team enough time to pull away in the division for some BYE's and Home field advantage...do you think they will win all 11 ? Do you think they are going to win 8/9 of those remaining ? I say they may win 6/7 remaining with the way they are playing...maybe. Which teams do you bet on them winning ? Yea, I thought so. Oh, and don't lower yourself to start name calling to fellow posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If you bench Ben now, it would be the first time in history any team has ever benched a non-injured HoF multiple SB winning QB, while holding the division lead, heading out on the road to play the conference 1st place team. I don't think that would be the smart play right now.
    Agree 100%

Good post...thanks for sharing. But I still think that hopefully they are concentrating on WHY Ben is having such problem with his timing, rhythm, and routes. It wasn't just the Jax game. He looked to have some problems just about all games so far. Something is off with him. I do believe Ben's heart is in playing yet. Hopefully there is something they can work on....just like in baseball, if a player has his timing trouble with hitting the ball they have him try punting to get his timing again.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

^Agree.

Some people have lost their damn minds around here.

If it's so crazy who would ever thought that Manning would get benched for Osweller ? If Ben continues to play poorly it will happen.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I don't think we should overstate this game. Every once in a while you can have a bad game. I still think that this team is very good, including Ben, and I think we could beat KC (even though that will be tough).For the Jags game, in German we have the saying: At first we had no luck, and than on top of that came bad luck/misfortune. (Notice that luck and bad luck/misfortune are different words - Glück and Pech.)Because the Jags offense played horrible. If those Pick sixes were not returned for TDs (but only interceptions) we might have actually won this game.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I said IF no change is made to the way they are playing now, I wouldn't have any problem saying this team is done. The 3 win's they have weren't convincing as a good team would've won, other than the ratbirds. The only game the team kicked ass and the coaches had a great game plan. They barely slipped past the browns. The losses were to teams they should've dominated. Leading a pathetic division right now is good, but don't look back....the rat's are right there with us and the bungholes are breathing down our backs with a match-up next week. Healthy team is great, but who is winning games for us ? 11 games left would and should give this team enough time to pull away in the division for some BYE's and Home field advantage...do you think they will win all 11 ? Do you think they are going to win 8/9 of those remaining ? I say they may win 6/7 remaining with the way they are playing...maybe. Which teams do you bet on them winning ? Yea, I thought so. Oh, and don't lower yourself to start name calling to fellow posters.
    I don't pay attention to the, "we should have beat this team by more points than we did," talk. You take a win in the NFL any way you can get it. You're right, it hasn't been in convincingly, dominant fashion, but at the end of the day, our record is what it is. I'm not going to make a prediction on how many wins we will have, but 9-7 could quite possibly win this division. I'm focused more on divisional games. If we sweep the Browns and/or the Bengals/Ravens, then I really like our chances of getting a first round home playoff game.

P.S. My apologies for the name calling.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Bench Ben? Really?

I'd have to suffer through another 5 INT game before I hand the offense over to Landry Jones.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Bench Ben? Really?

I'd have to suffer through another 5 INT game before I hand the offense over to Landry Jones.
    Ed B. of the P-G agreed in his chat today

Should the Steelers have put in Landry after the 4th pick or did they keep Ben in thinking the game was in reach?
    Ed Bouchette: You want to pull Ben for Landry Jones? Are you a former Dolphins assistant coach?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710100090

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Should the Steelers have put in Landry after the 4th pick or did they keep Ben in thinking the game was in reach?
    Ed Bouchette: You want to pull Ben for Landry Jones? Are you a former Dolphins assistant coach?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201710100090
    Grouchy Ed B.'s chats are comical.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I don't pay attention to the, "we should have beat this team by more points than we did," talk. You take a win in the NFL any way you can get it. You're right, it hasn't been in convincingly, dominant fashion, but at the end of the day, our record is what it is. I'm not going to make a prediction on how many wins we will have, but 9-7 could quite possibly win this division. I'm focused more on divisional games. If we sweep the Browns and/or the Bengals/Ravens, then I really like our chances of getting a first round home playoff game.

P.S. My apologies for the name calling.
    I agree with you for the division winner, as 9 wins will probably win this division. Sweeping the division foe's is really going to be tough though. All we do is hope like hell Ben and the team all found themselves and are playing the way they are capable. Apology accepted my friend, no bad feelings on this side. Bad football pisses fan's off. Have a drink on me

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Grouchy Ed B.'s chats are comical.

Fire Ed, hire Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

*snort*

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

*snort*

It sounds funny. But we all know Ben historically does not recover from these things to turn the game around.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

"First 20,000 fans get a bobblehead and an interception"..... lol

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

"I think Ben got bit. By Neil O'Donnell."

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

This one is still one of my all time favorite episodes.