Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers Vs Jaguars Winners/Losers

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: Steelers Vs Jaguars Winners/Losers

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Winners: Anyone who found something else to do with their Sunday.

Losers: All of us that watched that gut-punch of a game.
    thread winner
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

The LBs don't look too swift. Missing gaps, missing tackles, not much pressure...

What exactly was the game plan? Was it more throw it up and pray?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    The LBs don't look too swift. Missing gaps, missing tackles, not much pressure...

What exactly was the game plan? Was it more throw it up and pray?

Don't think so, more like throw it up and hope you get a flag.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Lemme guess, James Harrison and running the ball? That is apparently like snake oil - cures everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Lemme guess, James Harrison and running the ball? That is apparently like snake oil - cures everything.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    WINNERS
    Ryan Shazier: I know he wasn’t perfect today, and neither was the defense, but he was about as good as it got. Another interception, his sixth in ten games, and he added in a pass breakup for good measure. When the Steelers got splash plays, #50 was usually in the vicinity.
    Chris Boswell: The only source of offense on an otherwise abysmal day. Boswell was 3/3 on his field goals. None particularly challenging but on a day like this, the bar’s been set limbo-low.

Tyson Alualu: You can probably tell I’m already reaching. Alualu looked good in a more limited role. Had one great stack and shed of left tackle Cam Robinson early in the game. The run defense waned but it was really solid through the first three quarters.

Antonio Brown:
    Usual suspect #1. The only consistent downfield threat. He put up big numbers again, including a 49 yard catch on the game’s first play, finishing with 10 receptions for157 yards.

Le’Veon Bell: Usual suspect #2. Bell was really solid on the ground today, and you have to wonder why they didn’t run the ball more, and he’s as involved in the pass game as he’s been in quite some time. He ran with power, created on his own, and you can’t blame him for today’s loss.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10...winnerslosers/
    Ryan shazier has been the brightest spot on the whole damn team to be totally honest from opening day till now.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Vs Jaguars Winners/Losers

Once the defense gets their shit together, Shazier will get hurt...lol. Typical...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

It can't hurt. In the past it has helped. Let me guess, keeping the status quo cures everything? Praying is the best offense, right?

I remember people saying the same thing about Harrison when he left. Funny how the attitude and demeanor of the defense changed when he came back. But you are right, keep Harrison inactive all year. That will surely fix everything.

Dupree looked like complete crap. Has this guy ever been a game changer yet? He is really filling those gaps. I recall him slowly trotting after the Bears RB went down the sideline. No husstle at all. But that's ok, we need more Woodleys on the defense. I guess his fifth year is when he will break out.

I guess you see the LBs playing outstanding while I see them playing sub-par.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Nope. I've repeatedly pointed out the less than stellar LBer play. But a front 7 of HOFers wouldn't make much of a difference when the QB scores 14 points for the other team. Then gives the ball away 3 more times.

Four Bette could've gained zero yards and the JAGs scored 0 points on offense and the Steelers still would've lost.

But Dupree and Watt over Harrison is still really worth diving into.

I would like to see Harrison play more, especially in place of Dupree. Dupree is struggling and it's his 3rd year.

Williams isn't doing so great either at ILB. But I wouldn't replace him with Matakevich. I would like to see Matakevich on the field for 4 or so plays. Let's see how slow he is compared to Williams. He seems to have good instincts, but that all remains to be seen. Shazier looks skinnier this season. He is fast, but his tackling leaves a lot to be desired and he isn't really strong against the blocks. Hard to tell though from just watching the game once.

The Steelers will face a good QB for the first time next week. It's going to be tough
    Hater = Realist