Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Ugh

I posted this in the GT but seriously we beat two crappy teams and a team without their starting QB.

We've lost to two crappy teams. Next week is going to be ugly.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: Ugh

I'm tired of the attitude of this team. Too many 'me first' players and no control by Tomlin
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I posted this in the GT but seriously we beat two crappy teams and a team without their starting QB.

We've lost to two crappy teams. Next week is going to be ugly.
    This team truly does suck. It has not been a matter of playing down this year. They have sucked in each and every game. Maybe Ben should have retired.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Jacksonville isn’t a crappy team. They have a great pass defense, their run defense is poor but the pass defense is really good and they run the ball well and they pound it no matter what...vintage Tom Coughlin. This Jags team today looked like the early Jags team with Fred Taylor and Mark Brunnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I'm tired of the attitude of this team. Too many 'me first' players and no control by Tomlin
    This had nothing to do with attitude. Defense played well - or at least well enough to win.

WRs were open and outside of Justin Hunter, ran good routes and made great efforts to secure catches and get some YAC.

O line and Bell did fair to decent.

Ben R stunk from the jump and Chris Hubbard got whupped in pass protection. That isn't attitude - that's execution.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

When your QB plays that bad, odds are you are going to lose. Of course the fact that the offensive playcalling is primarily concerned with calling plays that do not work and being a moron isn't helping either

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This had nothing to do with attitude. Defense played well - or at least well enough to win.

WRs were open and outside of Justin Hunter, ran good routes and made great efforts to secure catches and get some YAC.

Ben R stunk from the jump and Chris Hubbard got whupped in pass protection. That isn't attitude - that's execution.
    Who said that I was just talking about this game? I'm tired of players celebrating on every damn play, Mitchell, Burns, etc. Too many individuals on this team and not enough team players.

The defense didn't make stops when they needed to but I'm certainly not going to put any blame on them for this loss. They played reasonably well.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I feel bad for the Pittsburgh fans that don't watch the Penguins.

Fun to watch winners play.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Oh and watching guys on defense celebrate making a tackle after giving up 9 yards ... please stop.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Mike Mitchell is a nut case. Fournette get a 12 yard run, get's the first down, Mitchell finally makes the tackle, then jumps up celebrating.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Mike Mitchell is a nut case. Fournette get a 12 yard run, get's the first down, Mitchell finally makes the tackle, then jumps up celebrating.
    I thought on that 4th quarter play (on the long time killing drive in front of Steelers bench around midfield?) Mitchell actually was exasperated Fournette got outside again

But given how Mitchell acts that certainly could have been a celebration

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Who said that I was just talking about this game? I'm tired of players celebrating on every damn play, Mitchell, Burns, etc. Too many individuals on this team and not enough team players.

The defense didn't make stops when they needed to but I'm certainly not going to put any blame on them for this loss. They played reasonably well.
    I assumed since it was in a post-game thread that it would be on the game that literally just happened. Clearly I was wrong.

I could care less about the celebrating. I would settle for guys simply doing their jobs. Bud Dupree got caught drifting down the line multiple times today. Stay in your lane and fill your gap. There are more than enough capable playmakers on this defense. No need to press.

I also hate to be super negative, but someone really needs to explain to me what Sean Davis does each game?

BurghBoy412

If they can fix the red zone Offense they'll be ok.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I feel your pain. At least the D didn’t give up over 40+ points.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

D played well? Lol. 181 rushing yards and 2TDs for Fournette? They didn’t do anything to stop the Jags strengths.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    D played well? Lol. 181 rushing yards and 2TDs for Fournette? They didn’t do anything to stop the Jags strengths.

To be fair, they did give up about 70 yards on that last play for a TD. They sold out to stuff them at the line of scrimmage and sold out. They created a hole, and he was off to the races.

I'm going to be a lot harder on the offense than the defense in this game. I get your point though, it wasn't great when they really needed them to be great.

50% of the yards and TDs were on one play in garbage time. Prior to that the D had only surrendered 9 points I think. Call it ten if you want to count the missed PAT. Plus that was on a short field after a TO.

Am I totally impressed by this defense? Nope. DO they have a serious problem against the run? Of course. But this game was not something that I am willing to lay at thier feet in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    To be fair, they did give up about 70 yards on that last play for a TD. They sold out to stuff them at the line of scrimmage and sold out. They created a hole, and he was off to the races.

I'm going to be a lot harder on the offense than the defense in this game. I get your point though, it wasn't great when they really needed them to be great.
    50% of the yards and TDs were on one play in garbage time. Prior to that the D had only surrendered 9 points I think. Call it ten if you want to count the missed PAT. Plus that was on a short field after a TO.

Am I totally impressed by this defense? Nope. DO they have a serious problem against the run? Of course. But this game was not something that I am willing to lay at thier feet in any way shape or form.
    This and this.

There's no reason to lay anything at the feet of the defense for this game. They kept the Steelers in the game. Twenty-one points off turnovers, fourteen of which came from two defensive TDs and a third on a pretty short field against the Steelers. Moreover, all of that in a game where the final score was 30-9. I'm not really sure how you blame the defense for that one.

Ugh

Week in and week out people want to call the defense impressive other that the big plays. News flash, the big plays count...you can’t ignore them and week in and week out, this team gives up big plays via the run game. Every single week. But let’s eliminate those today for argument sake. So more concerning is that the defense just gave up a 90 yard TD in “garbage time” because they just didn’t want to play anymore? But it doesn’t really count. That makes me feel much better.

I’m not blaming the defense for the loss, they just aren’t impressive. Nothing on this team is. They are below average at best right now.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    If they can fix the red zone Offense they'll be ok.
    The red zone woe's go way back.

Week in and week out people want to call the defense impressive other that the big plays. News flash, the big plays count...you can’t ignore them and week in and week out, this team gives up big plays via the run game. Every single week. But let’s eliminate those today for argument sake. So more concerning is that the defense just gave up a 90 yard TD in “garbage time” because they just didn’t want to play anymore? But it doesn’t really count. That makes me feel much better.

I’m not blaming the defense for the loss, they just aren’t impressive. Nothing on this team is. They are below average at best right now.
    LIke Craic said, they totally sold out to get a stop and they got beat. Like the Zeke Elliot run last year.

More concerning for me, is the totally crap gap discipline by guys like Dupree, Davis, and I think Williams a few times as well. Everyone is trying to cheat a step or three to make a play, then when the play comes back their way they are left flat footed and out of position.

That I will put on coaching. One game, no big deal. Two games+ - that's a trend. Maybe someone needs to meet some pine. If it is good enough for Eli Rogers?

Problem is, you can't bench anyone this week unless you also bench Ben R. Since that is not going to happen, all you can do is hope they "figure it out".

Over pursuit and selling out has been a theme with this defense from Week One and “more”. It’s a problem...reoccurring problem.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

This team is having a problem every since the anthem thing and it starts with the coach and this culture with the celebrations after a routine tackle....team is undisciplined and i think Ben is mailing it in...just my opinion

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BurghBoy412

I'm going to hold out hope that this was the loss that turns them around. If they don't win the next 2 games. I think it'll be damn near time to pack it in. I just have a hard time believing Ben will snap out of it at this point.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Sadly, I actually think we've got to the point where Sandy Dalton is the best QB in the division, yikes

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    This team is having a problem every since the anthem thing and it starts with the coach and this culture with the celebrations after a routine tackle....team is undisciplined and i think Ben is mailing it in...just my opinion

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Totally agree.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

The good: It was nice to see Steelers football for a change.

The bad: The guys that played Steelers football were not in the black and gold.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

And don't look now Bengals are finding thier stride.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    The good: It was nice to see Steelers football for a change.

The bad: The guys that played Steelers football were not in the black and gold.